Your EA Account needs to be updated. Re-sync your online profile(s) to fix this problem.

MrHavok195

Anyone know what this means, I've spent the last hour trying to get Galaxy at war on my PC and it says I need an active Mass Effect 3 profile, I do have an active one. When I click on get started it says this "

Your EA Account needs to be updated. Re-sync your online profile(s) to fix this problem." 

Does anyone know what to do as EA support clearly don't 

Edited by MrHavok195

When you load the game it's definitely connecting to the GOW servers?

I went on to the site, at first I couldn't view your stats, a few minutes later I can now see them :)

http://n7hq.masseffect.com/home/overview/?name=mrhavok195&platform=ps3

Try now, maybe there was just a delay on updating stats :)

Edited by Dark_Overlord

Yep, I can see the list of different zones and the percentages.

You can even see that the profile is active here 

8 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

When you load the game it's definitely connecting to the GOW servers?

I went on to the site, at first I couldn't view your stats, a few minutes later I can now see them :)

Try now, maybe there was just a delay on updating stats :)

It was because I had it on private by accident 

Edited by MrHavok195

Ye nothing changed for me but thanks for trying with the link, it just keep saying I need to re-sync my profiles. And then when I click GoW it says I need an active account. But thanks anyway.

I'll wait a few months and hope for the best 

Edited by MrHavok195

38 minutes ago, MrHavok195 said:

From what I have found online, your best bet is to wait. 

I'm not entirely sure how long but other players have had this problem and after a while it seems to fix itself.

If, for some reason, it isn't fixed, you could always try and add to this and hope you will get a response:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Mass-Effect-Games/N7-HQ-Account-needs-updating/m-p/11563420

• 2 weeks later...

@MrHavok195 Hello. I ask that you return here to give us feedback when your problem is solved, if you don't mind.

I have the platinum for ME3 but I can't say it was an easy one. Not because Insanity trophy, but because of a long series of issues with the N7HQ site that I don't want to explain to avoid remember how pissed I was. I went to check my profile in N7HQ after a long time without acessing it and looks like the site "forgot" some data about me. After re-syncing it once, it was able to fill the blanks and I could start those GaW missions. I was able to recover the readiness that I left there since january of 2021 too, and it correctly updated the amount of readiness in-game. So far, the site seems to work perfectly...

Or that was what I thought... I found an issue while testing something. I used a dummy profile in february to play ME3 and tried to log in the site with it, everything was working normally. I logged with the dummy profile today and the site still remembers its data, trophies, time spent online, etc. Then, I tried to use yet another dummy profile and found the same problem as you.

The site starts in the Profile tab with that big red button saying "Get Started", you click the button and is sent to My Account tab who asks to re-sync your online profile because your EA account needs to be updated. But when re-syncing the site it just sends you back to Profile tab or, sometimes, shows a warning saying that there are no profiles associated with the EA account -- which is bullshit because the site already found profiles associated with the EA account and can send/retrieve data from your PS3 profile. I took a print screen to show how stupid this is:

WAtiuVD.png

When the problem is solved, those yellow letters saying "No Profiles Found" will turn into a white box that lets you select between your PSN and Origin ID account and everything will work perfectly.

TL;DR Trophy hunters who likes their 100% profiles or all games platinum'ed and don't have Defender trophy or didn't started this game yet should try playing the MP after installing every free DLC available for it. It's possible the problem fix by itself like Sgznf said above, but it is currently broken for new accounts, so it's better playing with randoms and unlocking it in a few hours than waiting months for a fix.

EA says in their terms of contract (yes, I read it) that it can't guarantee their services working all the time but they also says they won't shutdown any services without giving an alert 30 days before doing it. I'll keep re-syncing my dummy account with the problem once a day and if the problem is fixed I'll return here to tell the news.

Edited by Hellish-Abyss

On 02/07/2022 at 3:02 AM, Hellish-Abyss said:

@MrHavok195 Hello. I ask that you return here to give us feedback when your problem is solved, if you don't mind.

I have the platinum for ME3 but I can't say it was an easy one. Not because Insanity trophy, but because of a long series of issues with the N7HQ site that I don't want to explain to avoid remember how pissed I was. I went to check my profile in N7HQ after a long time without acessing it and looks like the site "forgot" some data about me. After re-syncing it once, it was able to fill the blanks and I could start those GaW missions. I was able to recover the readiness that I left there since january of 2021 too, and it correctly updated the amount of readiness in-game. So far, the site seems to work perfectly...

Or that was what I thought... I found an issue while testing something. I used a dummy profile in february to play ME3 and tried to log in the site with it, everything was working normally. I logged with the dummy profile today and the site still remembers its data, trophies, time spent online, etc. Then, I tried to use yet another dummy profile and found the same problem as you.

The site starts in the Profile tab with that big red button saying "Get Started", you click the button and is sent to My Account tab who asks to re-sync your online profile because your EA account needs to be updated. But when re-syncing the site it just sends you back to Profile tab or, sometimes, shows a warning saying that there are no profiles associated with the EA account -- which is bullshit because the site already found profiles associated with the EA account and can send/retrieve data from your PS3 profile. I took a print screen to show how stupid this is:

WAtiuVD.png

When the problem is solved, those yellow letters saying "No Profiles Found" will turn into a white box that lets you select between your PSN and Origin ID account and everything will work perfectly.

TL;DR Trophy hunters who likes their 100% profiles or all games platinum'ed and don't have Defender trophy or didn't started this game yet should avoid doing it for now. It's possible the problem fix by itself like Sgznf said above, but it is currently broken for new accounts.

EA says in their terms of contract (yes, I read it) that it can't guarantee their services working all the time but they also says they won't shutdown any services without giving an alert 30 days before doing it. I'll keep re-syncing my dummy account with the problem once a day and if the problem is fixed I'll return here to tell the news.

I guess I will just have to hope for the best, as 2 weeks later it still isn't fixed. But thanks for the reply.