Community Puzzle: The Case of the Missing Couple

5 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

The player who lives and breathes puzzle games signed up for this event on Day 1. It wasn’t Charlie.

You are correct...

...for his name was DrBloodmoney! ?

I'm in - my good deed can be the fact that, not 20 minutes ago, I used the awesome power of my tallness to retrieve an item from the high shelf in the shop, for a peculiarly short lady... and didn't even ask her to return the favour!

I stooped down for my low-shelf items like a chump! ?

Also, this seems awesome - sign me up!

(I also have my answer to the practice puzzle, but assume saying what it is, even in spoiler tags would be a no-no at this point!)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

Hi, I am interested in participating. I am in.

As for the deed I did. I bought candy from some lady in the street that needs money and I gave the candy to my coworkers. (don't worry, those candies are safe and not poisoned or anything like that).

As for the Spoiler tag.... how do you spoiler tag? lol I never have attempted to do that, and now that I am looking in I can't find how to do it.

Btw I solved the puzzle of the example.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

On 21/06/2022 at 2:45 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Also, this seems awesome - sign me up!

On 21/06/2022 at 4:04 AM, MAUSZX said:

Hi, I am interested in participating. I am in.

You're both in!

You can post the completed practice puzzle whenever you like, just throw it into a spoiler tag. Good job!?

@MAUSZX, the Spoiler tag button looks like this. ?Spoiler.png

Maybe mobile users could just put a big SPOILER warning before a post?

Edited by Platinum_Vice

49 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

You're both in!

You can post the completed practice puzzle whenever you like, just throw it into a spoiler tag. Good job!1f918.png

In that case, I believe

Spoiler

Aaron, the German Puzzle enthusiast entered on the First day

Bianca, the Japanese RPG aficionado entered on the Third day

Charlie, the Australian Adventure game fan entered on the Fifth day

?

• Like 2

Oh wow, this seems really interesting and fun! I'd love to join too, and considering my good deed... I guess it might count that I helped the old lady who lives two floors above me carry her groceries up to her apartment (even though she is super cranky and always looks like she doesn't even want the help, but then she kinda ends up taking it anyway) just this morning?

And for the puzzle solution, if I can already post that although I'm not officially a participant yet:

Spoiler

Charlie - Puzzle 5 - Adventure Games - Australian

Bianca - Puzzle 3 - RPGs - Japanese

Aaron - Puzzle 1 - Puzzle Games - German

Edited by DonFrancesco
Edited to try and repair the broken spoiler tags
  • Like 1

I am very intrigued by this event, and I would like to join! As for an act of kindness, I just bought some candy bars while out at a bar shooting pool. The candy bars were for a local fundraiser and I paid twice the purchase price to help them out. I will edit this post in a bit when I think I have a solution to the logic puzzle!

Edit: My solution to the logic puzzle:

Spoiler
  • Aaron is a German, puzzle game loving forum member who joined the event at puzzle 1
  • Bianca is a Japanese, RPG loving forum member who joined the event at puzzle 3
  • Charlie is an Aussie, adventure game loving forum member who joined the event at puzzle 5

Edited by Im2Fast_4U
Added found solution to practice puzzle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DonFrancesco said:

Oh wow, this seems really interesting and fun! I'd love to join too

7 hours ago, Im2Fast_4U said:

I am very intrigued by this event, and I would like to join!

You're both in!

And Don, if your answer is the same as the others so far, then you got the practice puzzle correct too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

You're both in!

And Don, if your answer is the same as the others so far, then you got the practice puzzle correct too!

Unfortunately, I have no idea why my spoiler tags don't open, even after I tried editing them again, but yeah, I checked after, and my answer is the same :)

Also thank you for organizing such a unique event, I've never seen anything like this here so far. Granted, I don't use the forums super regularly, but still, it just seems like a really cool idea!

• Like 1

Count me in - it's lookin like a unique experience and I trust the creativity of the OP.

Not that I've ever met them, of course.

I've no idea really what's finna happen or how it all goes down, but I mean ain't that part of the fun?

• Like 1

On 21/06/2022 at 5:58 PM, DonFrancesco said:

Also thank you for organizing such a unique event, I've never seen anything like this here so far.

I hope you end up liking it, there's some big effort that's been put in. I'm looking forward to the 1st of July! And, yeah, there's not been anything like this that I have seen on PSNP, hopefully it stands out. ?

On 21/06/2022 at 11:46 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

I'll join up. I love puzzles and I love trophies.

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Count me in - it's lookin like a unique experience and I trust the creativity of the OP.

Not that I've ever met them, of course.

I've no idea really what's finna happen or how it all goes down, but I mean ain't that part of the fun?

You're both in!

Smevz, I know that you would have no issues recalling a recent 'unrepayed act of generosity' as you've always been a Real One(TM), but I'm going to ask you to let me know what you've done recently to satisfy the entry fee. ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Smevz, I know that you would have no issues recalling a recent 'unrepayed act of generosity' as you've always been a Real One(TM), but I'm going to ask you to let me know what you've done recently to satisfy the entry fee. 1f44d.png

Oh shit, my bad?

Actually I do have something - I was next in line at a convenience store when a super grumpy, angry old dude couldn't figure out how to input something at a credit card terminal and started yelling at the girl behind the counter. I was like "excuse me sir, I can do that for you real quick," acting like I wanted to help him but really I just wanted to get him to stop hollering at her. You could tell she wasn't sure what to do and was getting uncomfortable?

• Like 4

Count me in, this looks like fun!

As for the unrepayed act of generosity, I lent a hand to a coworker carrying some heavy stuff to the car.

So if I'm not mistaken, the answer would be

Spoiler

Aaron- german who likes puzzle genre and started on Puzzle 1

Bianca - japanese who prefers RPGs and joined on Puzzle 3

Charlie - Australian who likes Adventure games and joined during puzzle 5

Edited by MattbluePT
  • Like 1

What a cool idea, I love this!! Sadly enough for me, I am leaving for vacation on Saturday. Heading to a lake and the Mrs. and I try our best to stay away from electronics during that week. I think I'm just gonna creep and follow along for now... If it keeps going after that tho I'll tag along then!!

• Like 2

@Platinum_Vice - This event is awesome by the way!

I believe I have the answer...

...however, I think there is an error in the puzzle....

....Or perhaps this is a devious new future clue?

Spoiler

The Letters given from the clues are, I think

E  T  H  I  S  N  I  W  E  S

Which would make the answer appear to be:

THE WIINESS...

Or "The Witness", but with an I rather than a "T"?

Ps. kudos on the clue for 26 Down - that made me laugh!

Also - for 22 down, you had one answer, which fits, but I had another that also fits...

Spoiler

Badasses!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
trying to fix Spoiler Tags...
  • Like 4

@DrBloodmoney Your spoilers are broken (cannot be opened) but I got the same (faulty?) answer like you.

What happens now that the puzzle has been solved 10 minutes later? xD

Also sign me up.

edit. I had identical solution for #22 as well. B)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

@DrBloodmoney Your spoilers are broken (cannot be opened) but I got the same (faulty?) answer like you.

What happens now that the puzzle has been solved 10 minutes later? xD

Also sign me up.

I've maybe fixed them now? - can you try again and let me know?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Still broken. I checked your answer inside HTML code.

Testing spoilers below:

Spoiler

another spoiler

Spoiler

:platinum:

multiple

lines

of

text

here

bold

italic

underline

strike

url link

Spoiler

more

bqPqBFB.jpeg

custom emojis are ok :cross:

Edited by HusKy
x

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

however, I think there is an error in the puzzle

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I got the same (faulty?) answer like you

Disaster!

You are both correct. I've fixed the puzzle. Thank you!

@HusKy, you're in!

I'll give some others a chance to catch up. I'm sure that Detective Vice will post the next puzzle when he's back in the office.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That worked immediately for me and the died again. "Badasses" does indeed work, too! ?

Oooh, nice, the event has started! Notwithstanding the fact that I thought "badasses" was meant to be the actual solution to 22 down, and that I can't for the life of me find the correct one, now that "badasses" is anchored into my brain, I still have a general solution to the whole puzzle. Hopefully the spoiler tags work this time:

Spoiler

The Witness

Which is a great game, by the way, I enjoyed every second of it when I played it myself, including the special challenge at the end, even though that nearly drove me nuts.

I really liked the little Riddler Trophies to signify the correct letters. That was a nice little touch!

Edited by DonFrancesco
Edited to try and repair the broken spoiler tags
  • Like 2