Sonic Origins Trophy Thoughts

Ultraxian

So now that the sonic origins trophy list is revealed what are people thoughts on it?

Personally I'm a little bit disappointed with it, they could have done so much more.

The trophy images are just boring static sonic statue with a bronze silver or gold background.

I am looking forward to the challenges in the game as there's a silver trophy for each game to complete 10 challenges with a s rank wich will be fun.

I just hope there's a physical release like mania.

• Like 1

The list doesn't look great. We haven't seen the entire game yet, of course, but it's already looking like 100% completion isn't being asked for in order to get the Platinum. Judging by the Mission Mode screenshot on the Sonic Wiki, it seems like there are more than 10 Missions per game in the collection, meaning the trophies won't cover the entire Mission Mode. The most offensive item on the list has to be :bronze:Boss Rush Attempt, which apparently is rewarded for trying Boss Rush, with no second trophy for actually completing it.

Was hoping for something more along the lines of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, where you have to do everything, except this time you would have gotten a Platinum to show for it.

• Like 2

i'll still play it even if it's an easy list. there will be other hard games/plats out there just not this one.

edit: i'm planning to play all the mission tasks even if there's more than 10 just to see how good i am on all.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 3

Disappointing list, and this is coming from someone who played Sonic games as a little kid in the mid 1990s on the Sega Genesis.

At least there's clear this Sonic game on either the Anniversary or Classic Mode. No doubt there will be save states and/or a rewind feature, since this had to appeal to modern audiences after all. Far too many participation trophies, there's only a select few that require any real effort.

It's essentially try this game out, earn a bunch of participation medals, move on to the next game, earn your platinum trophy. Nothing to do with earning all Chaos Emeralds in every Sonic game, or doing a certain objective that's a bit tricky to pull off.

Sonic Mania, in contrast, had a far more complete and satisfying trophy list, which doesn't even have a platinum.

• Like 3

Should be a pretty simple plat depending on the requirements for S ranks

Getting all the various items could be a bit grindy depending on the cost of unlocking them and how you earn coins

My only issue with the trophies is the artwork and names are pretty lazy but it is what it is

2 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

It sounds great to me: nothing too complicated, yet not an EZPZ platinum (I mean, you don't get a gold trophy just for dying in the first motorbug 1f605.png).

Don't forget gold trophies for jumping ten times, getting ten rings, activating your first checkpoint, falling in the water, etc etc

Amusingly I have almost every Sonic game and I have not got 100% on any of them, this one might actually be my first lol.

I guess at least it's not a 100% game this time and has a platinum, this will make everyone happy right?

• Like 2

I know all these games like the back of my hand, so this platinum will be incredibly easy. 

1 hour ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Should be a pretty simple plat depending on the requirements for S ranks

Getting all the various items could be a bit grindy depending on the cost of unlocking them and how you earn coins

My only issue with the trophies is the artwork and names are pretty lazy but it is what it is

Don't forget gold trophies for jumping ten times, getting ten rings, activating your first checkpoint, falling in the water, etc etc

Coins are earned in anniversary mode and by doing the challenges. Lives are no longer in anniversary mode, so instead of life boxes, there is coin boxes. 

As a massive Sonic the Hedgehog fan, I am quite disappointed with this list. :( 

Was hoping they'd have trophies for things like clearing Sonic 3 with every character, or unlocking Super Tails/Hyper Knuckles. Instead we get "Fly with Tails," and "Glide with Knuckles."  ?

Not even a single Speedrun trophy, how can you have a Sonic list without a single speed related trophy?? I hope the missions at least have some slight challenge to them!

At least they have a trophy for beating each game, but that should have been expected from the start. And there's a platinum, which was more than Mania had. 

Tbh the trophies are saving this one for me. I wasn't sure if I actually wanted to get this collection but seeing that it's probably not a difficult platinum, I'm definitely more interested than I was. It's not a good reason to want a game but eh it's my money and something has to be a deciding factor. 

• Like 2

I'm kinda relieved it doesn't have an absurdly difficult platinum since they could have easily done that with the missions. Though they really held back on what's required of you at the same time, you aren't even expected to get the super emeralds.

• Like 1