Sonic Origins Trophy Thoughts

Ultraxian

One reason why this version of Sonic 3 and Knuckles will suck is the music licencing issues, theyve replaced some of the best level tunes with crap sounding stuff instead.  Otherwise im down for some sonic retro fun ive grew up with him since i was 5 so yeah :)

15 hours ago, mike_87 said:

One reason why this version of Sonic 3 and Knuckles will suck is the music licencing issues, theyve replaced some of the best level tunes with crap sounding stuff instead.  Otherwise im down for some sonic retro fun ive grew up with him since i was 5 so yeah :)

Damn. I hope they didn’t take out all the original tunes.

Edited by AJ_Radio

20 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Damn. I hope they didn’t take out all the original tunes.

From what i understand they are replacing carnival night, ice cap, and launch base with remixes of the tracks from a recently leaked prototype(which were the tracks used in the sonic and knuckes collection pc port). The rest of the soundtrack should remain intact as only sonic 3s second half had Michael Jackson involvement(everything after marble garden) so the first 3 sonic 3 zones and the knuckes half should remain intact. It isn't quite as severe as sonic cds us vs jp replacement(except that didn't have as many copyright red tape) but i wont lie losing ice caps music kind of sucks(i do like carnival nights prototype over final though).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

From what i understand they are replacing carnival night, ice cap, and launch base with remixes of the tracks from a recently leaked prototype(which were the tracks used in the sonic and knuckes collection pc port). The rest of the soundtrack should remain intact as only sonic 3s second half had Michael Jackson involvement(everything after marble garden) so the first 3 sonic 3 zones and the knuckes half should remain intact. It isn't quite as severe as sonic cds us vs jp replacement(except that didn't have as many copyright red tape) but i wont lie losing ice caps music kind of sucks(i do like carnival nights prototype over final though).

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Almost all of it is still in there. Just not Launch Base, Ice Cap, and Carnival Night.

Those are some of my favorite tunes. *sad face*

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

This list just screams "we don't care" 

It almost insulting. 

"try boss rush" 

"glide with knuckles" 

It's like the list was made for a 5 year old playing their first game. 

Pretty much. At least we can finally play Sonic 3 & Knuckles with trophy support.

One weird thing I've noticed so far is that some trophies seem to pop at the end of a level instead of when they would unlock normally. Mostly happening with the enemy related trophies as well as the Ring collecting ones. So don't be alarmed when you kill 10 Moto Bugs and the trophy doesn't pop!

Also the game froze on me when I went to check the leaderboards. :P 

I've been mostly just listening to the songs in the Museum for the last hour, I'm glad that they included both the NA and the (far superior) JP versions for Sonic CD. 

I have the PC port of Sonic 3, so I've heard the new songs for Carnival Night, Ice Cap, and Launch Base zone before. But I prefer the originals more. Wish they didn't have the licensing issues so that they could have all the songs!

• Like 1

Most of the trophy can be unlock by using debug mode, even the star coins can be farm to max amount. For anyone who is first time play this game strongly recommend do not use it. It gonna ruin your gaming experience.

Edited by OushiRX
add information
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

This list just screams "we don't care" 

It almost insulting. 

"try boss rush" 

"glide with knuckles" 

It's like the list was made for a 5 year old playing their first game. 

Well my very first trophy was for simply doing a roll in After Burner Climax on PS3 lmao.

On the topic of music, it's not just the three stages with changed music. Competition menu, Super Sonic, and S3&K Credits music has also been changed. 

Worth pointing out also that some music in the museum is mislabeled.

Additionally, Blue Sphere mode's music doesn't feature the sped-up feature for some reason.

7 minutes ago, OushiRX said:

Most of the trophy can be unlock by using debug mode. For anyone who is first time play this game strongly recommend do not use it. It gonna ruin your gaming experience.

I was really hoping this wouldn't be the case.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OushiRX said:

Most of the trophy can be unlock by using debug mode, even the star coins can be farm to max amount. For anyone who is first time play this game strongly recommend do not use it. It gonna ruin your gaming experience.

You---really don't need to go to debug mode and unlock these trophies.

You can get most of them by just playing the game. Although I admit, debug mode would have helped me unlock the Motobugs and Rhinos trophies way faster.

• Like 1

My wife for one is glad it's an easy list.  Sonic games are one of her all time favorites but she wouldn't put in the time and practice for hard trophy lists like the Crash Bandicoot games.  From the video I just watched it looks like S ranks are quite easy too.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Anyone else having the issue where the trophy for 50 enemies defeated just won't pop. It stopped tracking at 49/50 and won't go further? ps5 version.

You must complete the act for the counter to save.

So for example, you defeat 5 enemies THEN finish the act for your counter to save. Don't QUIT or restart.

Edited by Starlighthed211
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

So thats why it only counted after I completed a mission, makes sense thanks.

Yeah I learnt the hard way with the Stingers trophy. I was thinking "WTF? I have defeated 10 by now, is this bugged??" after restarting over and over. Then I just decided to finish an act and boom it popped. :/

19 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

My wife for one is glad it's an easy list.  Sonic games are one of her all time favorites but she wouldn't put in the time and practice for hard trophy lists like the Crash Bandicoot games.  From the video I just watched it looks like S ranks are quite easy too.

I personally, glad this is an easy list too. I'm a huge Sonic fan, but I grew up loving Sonic Adventure and its year 2000 games. I did play the classic Sonic games many times before though, because I wanted experience the history of the franchise prior to Adventure. However it's just not my cup of tea these classics.

I did enjoy Sonic CD though.

Also most of the S ranks stuff is easy yes. But some will do your nutting.

Edited by Starlighthed211

Can confirm that this is a very easy list. Anniversary mode has unlimited lives/retries, you can even have the option to retry a special stage for 1 coin (I have about 555 coins after clearing 40 missions at S rank + buying the stuff from the collection for those trophies) so getting the Super Sonic trophy is even going to be easy.

And I didn't find much difficulty in S rank missions at all, some I just got it automatically by completion, I would probably say the hardest one was getting 70 rings with Super Sonic, but even then that only really took like several minutes of trying. There are some challenging ones provided by the DLC but even those seem like they will be easy given some practice to get S rank in.

• Like 1

Do you know what would have been good? To combine all trophy lists from Sonic 1/2 CD from the PS3 versions into this game with some new trophies related to Sonic 3 and bum the platinum. That would have been nice since the games kn PS3 required you to do speedruns and without dying. Dissapointing to have this list. Combining all three trophy lists + platinum and some extra trophies related to the new features would have been cool.

Edited by Pottercito_
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

Do you know what would have been good? To combine all trophy lists from Sonic 1/2 CD from the PS3 versions into this game with some new trophies related to Sonic 3 and bum the platinum. That would have been nice since the games kn PS3 required you to do speedruns and without dying. Dissapointing to have this list. Combining all three trophy lists + platinum and some extra trophies related to the new features would have been cool.

I had thought this too. Take the achievements from the live releases of 3 and knuckles and bam a more engaging trophy list I suppose?

• Like 1