Why did the game restart after final mission?

I completed the story few days ago and completed all the available side mission till then.
I stopped playing the game for few days and now when I got back to start the platinum run, the game restarted the story with all my equipment & levels. 
also the game feels significantly harder this time around.
I did not select any new game+ or such
can anybody help?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

I completed the story few days ago and completed all the available side mission till then.
I stopped playing the game for few days and now when I got back to start the platinum run, the game restarted the story with all my equipment & levels. 
also the game feels significantly harder this time around.
I did not select any new game+ or such
can anybody help?

One of the most recent patches caused an issue where progress was reset in seemingly random amounts. Some people found that they went back a few missions, others had their entire progress completely reset. They were asking people to submit a ticket over on the 2K Support site. Hope they can get a resolution for you!

3 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

One of the most recent patches caused an issue where progress was reset in seemingly random amounts. Some people found that they went back a few missions, others had their entire progress completely reset. They were asking people to submit a ticket over on the 2K Support site. Hope they can get a resolution for you!

thanks man....will make a ticket....
whatta stupid issue....so annoying

5 minutes ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

thanks man....will make a ticket....
whatta stupid issue....so annoying

No worries! Yeah, as far as issues go, this would be in the 'worst things that could happen' category for me. Really hope you can get it fixed, nothing worse than seeing time and effort vanishing like this.

This is also something that seems to be happening to Tiny Tina's Wonderlands too which has way more recent reports. From what I could find - there weren't as many floating around for Assault on Dragon's Keep and some confusion about how post-main story works. But it does look like there could be an issue - alot of them stem from folks playing on PS5 too, from what I can see in random google searches.

The standalone version of Assault on Dragon Keep, has never been patched and was dropped like a hot brick at launch so there won't be any updates. Also, I've never heard of this bug before in regards to AODK but the Wonderlands version of it was fixed within 48hrs so no longer happens.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This is also something that seems to be happening to Tiny Tina's Wonderlands too which has way more recent reports. From what I could find - there weren't as many floating around for Assault on Dragon's Keep and some confusion about how post-main story works. But it does look like there could be an issue - alot of them stem from folks playing on PS5 too, from what I can see in random google searches.

yes i am playing assault on dragon keep on PS5 with the PS plus version and after the story this shit has happened....i really dont wanna go through it again....its kinda boring game....NGL

Guys, I somehow got my progress back. some side missions show incomplete which i did before. guess i will trying redoing them. the main missions shows completed. i dont understand how this game works :/

2 hours ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

yes i am playing assault on dragon keep on PS5 with the PS plus version and after the story this shit has happened....i really dont wanna go through it again....its kinda boring game....NGL

Guys, I somehow got my progress back. some side missions show incomplete which i did before. guess i will trying redoing them. the main missions shows completed. i dont understand how this game works :/

It sounds like your save has corrupted itself somehow so unless you have a pre-glitch backup handy, you're almost certainly going to have to start over if the trophies don't pop when expected :(.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same after I finished the story and quit the game after the credits and playing all side missions. When I pressed continue in the main menu it prompted me to continue normal mode or TVHM mode. It was set on TVHM on default so if you didn't pay attention and continued real quick it will set you off to the beginning (in TVHM which is harder but you keep equipment). I had the same but didn't bother with it because I was ready for that stage anyway. 

It's no bug imo but keep attention if trophies keep popping like they should. They did with me so should probably with you too.

To get your progress back go to the main menu, choose character selection (triangle), choose your main character and select normal mode.

Edited by Cauvuh_Lakrwa
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:02 PM, Cauvuh_Lakrwa said:

I had the same after I finished the story and quit the game after the credits and playing all side missions. When I pressed continue in the main menu it prompted me to continue normal mode or TVHM mode. It was set on TVHM on default so if you didn't pay attention and continued real quick it will set you off to the beginning (in TVHM which is harder but you keep equipment). I had the same but didn't bother with it because I was ready for that stage anyway. 

It's no bug imo but keep attention if trophies keep popping like they should. They did with me so should probably with you too.

To get your progress back go to the main menu, choose character selection (triangle), choose your main character and select normal mode.

yes...I figured it out later. thanks for the heads up for others.