Trophy thoughts & some advice

Let's hope there is an ingame counter to remember which characters you played as.

Completing Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo with Dan might be the hardest challenge. His attack sends ONLY Red Gems, so unless you send a combo over to your opponent to kill them instantly. You're basically done for.

• Like 1

The online trophies kinda spoiled the Street Fighter collection one, and the other Capcom collection had weird bronze only super grind ones. The Belt Action one was on the whole much better and is more like this one.

I think all of us can be thankful of no online trophies, online trophies suck and only make the game suck even more in 10 years time when everyone panics and suddenly you need to boost all the online trophies before the server goes down.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RoastedPeanut said:

For the most part it seems simple enough and all the trophies are tied to offline mode. Complete every game with every character sounds like a hell of a time though

I think it looks great.

I used to love these old fighting games so it's great to see quite a few returning.

Personally, I think Collection Completionist and Unbeatable Warrior look to be the most difficult and time consuming.

Collection completionist sounds like an absolute nightmare. It shouldn't be especially difficult, but it's going to take forever. Since I imagine by "complete" it means beat arcade mode.

As a rough estimation, there's a total of 10 games and there's around 10-20 characters in each. So we'll say an average of 15 characters since I don't have time to look up the roster for every single game. Arcade modes generally have about 8 matches, and if you can change the round settings to 1, you're looking at 8 rounds total per run. So you're looking at more than 150 runs with more than 1200 total matches. Then take into account that on the easiest difficulty, each match should take around 30-60sec with loading times, given loading times aren't insane. If you average that to 45 seconds, you're looking at at least 15 hours of grinding through arcade mode. That's already pretty miserable, but realistically it's probably around 20+ though. Since switching games and restarting with a new character is going to take a lot longer than 45sec, and you're still liable to occasionally lose, especially to some of these old school boss characters.

Otherwise, it doesn't look too bad.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Collection completionist sounds like an absolute nightmare. It shouldn't be especially difficult, but it's going to take forever. Since I imagine by "complete" it means beat arcade mode.

As a rough estimation, there's a total of 10 games and there's around 10-20 characters in each. So we'll say an average of 15 characters since I don't have time to look up the roster for every single game. Arcade modes generally have about 8 matches, and if you can change the round settings to 1, you're looking at 8 rounds total per run. So you're looking at more than 150 runs with more than 1200 total matches. Then take into account that on the easiest difficulty, each match should take around 30-60sec with loading times, given loading times aren't insane. If you average that to 45 seconds, you're looking at at least 15 hours of grinding through arcade mode. That's already pretty miserable, but realistically it's probably around 20+ though. Since switching games and restarting with a new character is going to take a lot longer than 45sec, and you're still liable to occasionally lose, especially to some of these old school boss characters.

Otherwise, it doesn't look too bad.

A lot more detail went into your explanation than mine but I fully agree. 

Unless there is some sort of time skip/rewind feature (sometimes in older games) it'll be a long, long run to do all chars on all games. 

With all honesty I LOVE this "complete every game with every character trophy"! Takes me back when I actually bothered to do such things for fighting games that I played :)

Won't be in a rush for this one so I'm actually going to enjoy it in appropriate reasonable portions!

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 2

Eh, I'd personally prefer more challenge out of these trophies. They're all easy, especially since it supports save states. Without save states, you'd ALL be whining about Hyper Street Fighter 2's glitched difficulty (insane input reading even at difficulty 1). lol

At least the trophy for completing every game with all characters will give a reason to keep coming back to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

This is like being on youtube when someone posts "FIrst!"

except here it's "Trophy Thoughts"

For PS5 games, it's "autopop?"

(Though in this case, it's actually a useful post! My pet peeve is people simply asking "trophy thoughts?" without offering their own, or a trailer of the game, or SOMETHING.)

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1