Trophy thoughts & some advice

1. Play a game until you get to the fight just before the final boss and create a save state

2. Defeat the the fighter, then the boss in the next match, watch the ending/credits

3. Load up your save state and then lose to the fight

4. Select continue and choose a different character

5. Defeat the boss with the new character, watch the ending credits

6. Keep repeating steps 2 to 5 until you've gone through every character

this didnt work on gem puzzle fighter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

this Does Work on Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo/ Super Puzzle Fighter 2 X.

It Does Not Work on Super Gem Fighter Minimix/ Pocket Fighter

This also doesn’t work on Red Earth as each character starts off at level 1 when you select them for the first time, starting you at the beginning of the game. 

Another note on Red Earth Endings:

to get the “To Each Their Own Path” Trophy.

• Watch the  Good, Normal, and Bad endings for each character 

• Continue 20 times with each character and defeat the last boos to get the Normal ending. 

I was having trouble with the OP’s guide for the different endings with Leo. I hope this helps others

You have to do the following actions on the fight with Blade- The tall guy with the big sword and red cape. (The fight before the Boss’ 2 forms) 

Good Ending: Use less than 20 Continues before you get to Blade and defeat him without a special attack. (I used a standing HK - Heavy Kick)

Bad Ending: Use less than 20 Continues before you get to Blade and defeat him with a special attack. (I used Leo’s Hercules Rush super move- Found on the move list from the Touch Bar menu)

Best Ending: use no continues to get to Blade and defeat him without a special attack. (I used a standing HK - Heavy Kick)

Tip: Make your way to Blade without dying/continuing. Make a save, and follow the tips I provided for the Good/Bad/Best endings. To save time, Let blade kill you, continue and finish him off with a normal attack and finish the game. Reload your save, do the other actions to get the different endings.

Note: I can confirm that you DO NOT need to finish off the boos with the methods above. After defeating Blade with one of the above methods, my endings lined up with the method I used, no matter if I finished the boss with a normal attack, special move, or super combo. 

Edit: I was able to obtain the trophy.

The Good and Best endings are very similar. The only difference between the endings is that at the end where you see the castle and the fireworks, Leo’s face appears. If he looks like himself, that is the Good ending. If he looks more human-like, that is the Best ending. 

I had to replay the game to  find this, but it explains why I didn’t notice the difference between the endings as the other characters have noticeable differences between their endings.

Edited by DeadBird101
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

how do you do dismemberment attacks red earth?

Not sure, but the key word I saw was “special attack” so I ended the fight with Blade by doing the Hercules Rush (found in the move List, by pressing the touch pad)  I think I’ll change the wording on the post so people can understand it better. I got my info form the OP. 

• Like 1

You have to be careful with Destinies Intertwined - view all endings for all Cyberbots Pilots.

You may have to fully watch the ending and not quit the game as soon as the ending starts. In the Fighter Game Awards, it shows I finished all the pilots, but since I immediately quit the game when the ending started, Destinies Intertwined did not pop.

Red Earth also has a similar trophy as well, so I'm testing my theory, I'm letting the ending play and wait until the game takes me back to the hiscore screen before I quit.

Edited by aoshi900
Update explanation

3 hours ago, aoshi900 said:

Red Earth also has a similar trophy as well, so I'm testing my theory, I'm letting the ending play and wait until the game takes me back to the hiscore screen before I quit.

When I got the “To Each Their Own Path” Trophy for Red Earth. It popped for me as soon as the last ending that I needed started playing. That being said. I did watch all of the endings all of the way through until the game waits for you insert coin/press start.( usually the high score screen) Hope this helps. 

12 minutes ago, DeadBird101 said:

When I got the “To Each Their Own Path” Trophy for Red Earth. It popped for me as soon as the last ending that I needed started playing. That being said. I did watch all of the endings all of the way through until the game waits for you insert coin/press start.( usually the high score screen) Hope this helps. 

Got the "To Each Their Own Path" as well.

With Cyberbots, since I didn't know which pilot I needed, I finished all of the pilots again and watched the ending. Unfortunately it popped on the last character I finished, Arieta. I guess I should have started with her

On 6/25/2022 at 11:19 PM, Infected Elite said:

curious how you get the 1000000 points, easiest methods?

If you have two controllers it's incredibly easy.  Just start a game and keep having player 2 challenge until you get the 1mil points.  I did it in the first Darkstalkers game.

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

If you have two controllers it's incredibly easy.  Just start a game and keep having player 2 challenge until you get the 1mil points.  I did it in the first Darkstalkers game.

i got it just playing gem fighter the first time lol.

Just trying to figure out Leo endings(ie dismemberment move)

Edited by Infected Elite
EDIT: Got the dismemberment ending

15 hours ago, DeadBird101 said:

Not sure, but the key word I saw was “special attack” so I ended the fight with Blade by doing the Hercules Rush (found in the move List, by pressing the touch pad)  I think I’ll change the wording on the post so people can understand it better. I got my info form the OP. 

this worked 

On 6/26/2022 at 4:48 PM, Infected Elite said:

1. Play a game until you get to the fight just before the final boss and create a save state

2. Defeat the the fighter, then the boss in the next match, watch the ending/credits

3. Load up your save state and then lose to the fight

4. Select continue and choose a different character

5. Defeat the boss with the new character, watch the ending credits

6. Keep repeating steps 2 to 5 until you've gone through every character

With Darkstalkers 1 at least you can actually play until the final boss and then make the quick save. 

For the first character swap it'll make you fight whatever fighter you first played the rest of the matches as, but then it'll automatically continue on to the last boss no matter what character you pick.  Likely because the only character you didn't beat leading up to the end boss was the character you were playing ad.

I was able to get the first 6 characters endings done this way before I had to leave earlier.  It might work similar with the other Darkstalkers games, and maybe some the others as well.

Edited by Snake2410

27 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

With Darkstalkers 1 at least you can actually play until the final boss and then make the quick save. 

For the first character swap it'll make you fight whatever fighter you first played the rest of the matches as, but then it'll automatically continue on to the last boss no matter what character you pick.  Likely because the only character you didn't beat leading up to the end boss was the character you were playing ad.

I was able to get the first 6 characters endings done this way before I had to leave earlier.  It might work similar with the other Darkstalkers games, and maybe some the others as well.

yeah im currently going game by game with each character making quick saves close to the end as possible. with max damage and 1 round im beating enemies in seconds.

Currently on Vampire Warrior 1 i think.

then its 2, 5 from gem fighter. 3 from Red Earth (tho i need like 9 endings still haha), and then im unsure if cyberbots you need just the pilots or every Robot?

13 hours ago, aoshi900 said:

Got the "To Each Their Own Path" as well.

With Cyberbots, since I didn't know which pilot I needed, I finished all of the pilots again and watched the ending. Unfortunately it popped on the last character I finished, Arieta. I guess I should have started with her

I got the trophy to finally pop for me. Be carful when going for this and watch all the way through until you get to the game over screen, after the credits. The trophy didn’t pop for me until I got to the game over screen . 

Edited by DeadBird101

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

question:

i made a quick save at Bison. if i die, i can change chars and face him. ive gotten 7 done. but i have 10 more to go. PS Controller sucks for SF2. so if i turn off the game, is my quick save gone?

No, your quick save is still there even after turning off yoir console.

Take note, yoi can only make one quick save in the entire collection, not per game

3 hours ago, aoshi900 said:

No, your quick save is still there even after turning off yoir console.

Take note, yoi can only make one quick save in the entire collection, not per game

yeah i knew that, just wasnt sure on console front.

Assuming it doesnt work for the 20 continues need on Red Earth but should for the endings where you select "yes" or "no" with the characters not named Leo. 

Debating if i want to tackle that trophy and then relax and casually finish off the last darkstalkers game.

@Abby_TheLastofUs HUGE TIP for Red Earth, i got 20 continues with a char. died and switched to the Ninja, it started me on his path but when i beat the stages and final boss i had no yes/no choice. it gave me HIS 20 continue ending.

this could speed the Red Earth grind substantially!

EDIT: Confirmed with other char. works.

depending whats faster for user...

RED EARTH

1: Get x20 continues on any character... make a save state AT BLADE. finish that ending for Char#1. 

2: load save state and die

3: select continue and select a DIFFERENT character 

4: youll start at the first fight BUT when you finish youll have the x20 continue Endings for character #2

5: repeat steps 2 to 4 until done. Should get endings C for KENJI, TESSA,MAI LING easier than dying 20 times repeatedly. (Providing you did Leo first)

Edited by Infected Elite
EDIT: PLATINUM ACHIEVED
  • Like 1

1. Play a game until you get to the fight just before the final boss and create a save state

I don't understand why we need to do this...why not make a save state on the final boss?

(on Darkstalker, Street Fighter i mean)

In Hyper Street Fighter 2 you don't need any perfect victories to be able to fight Akuma.  You just need to win every round.  Not sure if that had been mentioned, I only noticed the post about getting so many perfect victories and super combo victories for him to appear.

Edited by Snake2410

50 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

ハイパーストリートファイター2では、アクマと戦うために完璧な勝利は必要ありません。あなたはすべてのラウンドに勝つ必要があります。それが言及されていたかどうかはわかりませんが、彼が登場するのに非常に多くの完璧な勝利とスーパーコンボの勝利を得るという投稿に気づいただけです。

All you have to do is interrupt and beat the sub 2P until you achieve 1.2 million points or 11 wins in a row and then reach Sagat.

No need to think about anything else to meet Akuma.

22 hours ago, Reflear said:

I don't understand why we need to do this...why not make a save state on the final boss?

(on Darkstalker, Street Fighter i mean)

sometimes if you die on final boss you pick a new character and it resets you to the first fight.

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

In Hyper Street Fighter 2 you don't need any perfect victories to be able to fight Akuma.  You just need to win every round.  Not sure if that had been mentioned, I only noticed the post about getting so many perfect victories and super combo victories for him to appear.

yeah i got it first time just by playing normally. i didnt lose a round but i had 0 perfects.

11 hours ago, syai0306 said:

All you have to do is interrupt and beat the sub 2P until you achieve 1.2 million points or 11 wins in a row and then reach Sagat.

No need to think about anything else to meet Akuma.

You don't need to hit 1.2 million points either.  You just can't lose a round at all.