Complete Season on PS Plus Extra

BUdawg69

Don't waste your time downloading The Council - The Complete Season from PS Plus Extra.  It is currently broken and won't allow you to progress past Episode 1.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

EDIT:  Seems fixed now (July 16th)

Edited by BUdawg69
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this a few days ago. Saw a post somewhat that said they were able to work around it by downloading from the store website on a browser but that hadn't worked for me. Said to download the free one not the purchased but it only shows purchased or the $4.99 to buy the episode. 

I have the same issue with this game, couldn't play Episodes 2-5. DLCs have issues being accessible despite being part of the PS Plus Extra game catalogue. Just like Control: Ultimate Edition. I could complete and platinum the base game but couldn't start the Foundation and AWE DLCs.

I have contacted PS Support and they said that they are aware of this situation and are trying to fix it. Seems like the only reliable workaround is to purchase the games from the PS Store and then try to claim a refund (since you should be getting the content for free from your PS Plus subscription anyway).

Edited by sibsama
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/22/2022 at 2:50 AM, BUdawg69 said:

Don't waste your time downloading The Council - The Complete Season from PS Plus Extra.  It is currently broken and won't allow you to progress past Episode 1.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

EDIT:  Seems fixed now (July 16th)

there are STILL major problems with this game. I'm on episode 4 and I had to restart the episode THREE TIMES because the main character either gets stuck after examing an object or the screen goes black and never recovers. I do not recommend it AT ALL!

• Like 1

i'm playing this game for a week now and today (after updating my ps4) when I tried to continue my save (i was finishing episode 4) it said that I can't because i do not have the currently epsode. It's the same problem, but i was further in the game. Now I can only play episode 1.

Don't know if the update  10.0 started the bug. 

Restoring licences didn't work for me. I'm trying to reinstall the game to see if it works. 

Not a great game or brillant story, but I want to finish it. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Is there a reason ? 

The same reason with every game that leaves the subscriber library: The license to keep the game in the library expires, and the publisher is not willing to renew it, or wants more than Sony is willing to pay.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

The same reason with every game that leaves the subscriber library: The license to keep the game in the library expires, and the publisher is not willing to renew it, or wants more than Sony is willing to pay.

That’s not the only reason, but it’s a common one. Sometimes publishers trade properties, which requires a new contract and some just aren’t willing to do one for PSN. There are others as well, but it can get into the weeds to come up with every one off. 

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That’s not the only reason, but it’s a common one. Sometimes publishers trade properties, which requires a new contract and some just aren’t willing to do one for PSN. There are others as well, but it can get into the weeds to come up with every one off.

Seems to me this still falls under "the publisher is not willing to renew it". The fact that it might be a different publisher than the one that originally signed the contract is kinda beside the point.

13 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

If I buy it now, will it disappear from my library as well?

The removal concerns exclusively the subscriber library. If you mean to buy it normally, then it does not affect you at all. If you mean to claim it from the library, you can only access it for 14 days since your last log-in. Meaning you can access it for a maximum of 14 days after January 17th, if you log in that day before it leaves the library, as long as you then don't go online at any point during those 14 days.

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

Seems to me this still falls under "the publisher is not willing to renew it". The fact that it might be a different publisher than the one that originally signed the contract is kinda beside the point.

You’re correct if “the publisher” refers to two separate publishers and “is not willing to renew it” refers to never having one to begin with.