An actual Blade Runner game?

jayycarr08

4 minutes ago, jayycarr08 said:

This is news to me. Is it based on the movie?

It's a remake of the 1997 PC release that was based off the movie.

Release Date - June 23rd

After previously running into delays with development, Nightdive Studios finally has a release date for their upcoming Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition. In fact, the game will be arriving later this week!

Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition will release June 23rd digitally across PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch. For those physical media enthusiasts, Limited Run Games will have orders up for Switch and PS4 physical editions beginning this Friday.

Sporting upgraded visuals from its original 1997 release on PC by Westwood Studios, Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition is 3D adventure game based on Ridley Scott’s 1982 film. The game’s story runs parallel to the original film where players assume the role of Blade Runner Ray McCoy, who much like Rick Deckard, is tasked with hunting down a rogue group of Replicants. The original game features characters and actors from the film, including Sean Young as Rachael, as well as parts of the Blade Runner score by the late Vangelis.

I also like the fact this is getting a LRG physical release. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ampki said:

Is this from the PC game back in the day? if it is wow cant wait to grab so nistalgia 

Yes, it is!

Plus, there is also this news. It's a while away but still very interesting.

Meanwhile, developer 110 Industries recently announced that they had acquired the Blade Runner license for a video game of their own. Details haven’t officially been revealed as of yet, but the game is expected for a 2025 release.

12 minutes ago, Sgznf said:

Plus, there is also this news. It's a while away but still very interesting.

Meanwhile, developer 110 Industries recently announced that they had acquired the Blade Runner license for a video game of their own. Details haven’t officially been revealed as of yet, but the game is expected for a 2025 release.

This is one of my favourite universes.. fingers crossed they don't waste such a great opportunity

Edited by craig_obviously
  • Like 2

Gonna pick this up as soon as I get paid! ? Point N Click Adventures are pretty chill, and Westwood made some really solid ones back in the day (like Legend of Kyrandia). Definitely want to support it at full price in hopes of them bringing even more old Westwood / PNCA games to modern consoles with trophies. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DharmaInitiate said:

I am very happy to be able to play this on PlayStation, but I can't help to be a little disappointed by the state of the game. The visuals don't look as good as the original (or the version you can get on GOG) and there are numerous bugs that did not exist before.

Agree that it's neat to have it on Playstation, but yeah, this whole situation is a trainwreck. I experienced the shooting issues in the police maze just this morning and was like WTF. Thank goodness I bought the un-enhanced version on GOG back in 2020.

Edited by EverythingOnFire
  • Like 2