Constantly disconnecting due to terrible servers

Not sure what's happened to this game's servers, but the online is absolute garbage now.

I've been playing with my boyfriend lately while hunting for crowns, and we just keep getting disconnected constantly for no discernible reason whatsoever.

I know others have had this issue for quite some time as well, and I've experienced it in the past to an extent. That said, I don't remember it being nearly this bad.

This - combined with the atrocious crown hunting RNG - is beginning to really ruin this game for me, which sucks because I otherwise have had a blast with this game.

The fact that Capcom has allowed the online to fall into such a sorry state is completely inexcusable. :/

Edited by Zephrese

Really!? I haven't played in a while so I don't know the state of the game, but will definitely check it out once I get home. If it is as bad you say it is then it needs Capcom's attention urgently! Are you able to stay online so that you're at least able to do the event quests or are you getting disconnected completely?

• Like 1

Pretty sure you can still do event quests without being in an "online session" so long as your console is connected to the internet, as I've been able to do so after disconnecting.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

@Zephrese  I also battled the disconnection bug once I switched from PS4 to PS5. Made getting platinum all the more excruciating at times because I’d get bounced from my friend’s sessions, or a really good group I found online, and then I’d have to slay whatever monster solo. Added quite a bit of time to platinum. Some nights were worse than others. While I got disconnected likely 200 times or more in my platinum clear, I wouldn’t lose my instance. So if my friend scored a crown from a given instance, I know I’d be getting one, too. I don’t have any other issues in any other online games, so this was not my gear. Switching from hardline to wifi or using Google’s public DNS IP address made no difference. My friend playing on PS5 did not experience the bug.

(Super frustrating that I got disconnected from 4 really solid Fatalis clears: I did manage to score 2 clears of Fatalis in groups that knew what they were doing and killed him quickly, so I was able to craft the entire Fatalis set. I got disconnected from every arch-tempered Velkhana run, however. The enfeebled connection apparently could not endure the ice-spam from that iteration of Velkhana.)

My recommendation for anyone experiencing this bug is to acquire the Fatalis gear as this will allow you to clear events and monsters much more efficiently, whether solo or in a group.

There is a rumor that acquiring a certain crafting material triggers the bug. Indeed I did start to have this bug after collecting the material in question. I tried removing the material offline, saving, and then returning back online, but I was left with the bug nevertheless. It’s a reward material from a USJ event that can corrupt your game. I didn’t experience any disconnection issues in MHW or through about half of Ice. Then, as noted by hundreds of frustrated players online, about halfway to plat in Ice I started getting bounced all the time. I’m more convinced this a bug than a general server issue. When I returned to PS4 to test my connection there, indeed, a message appeared that my save was corrupted, and likely by that USJ reward material. I was terrified I was going to lose all my progress. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 11:20 AM, Zephrese said:

Pretty sure you can still do event quests without being in an "online session" so long as your console is connected to the internet, as I've been able to do so after disconnecting.

Bro, so I just recently tried it and it works fine! Honestly shocked and happy that so many people are still playing! Has this been a long time issue for a lot of people?

@Xugoshi  I don’t think the servers are having issues. I believe this is a bug. Yes, the game is quite active. If you fire an SOS likely you’ll quickly get a full crew aboard. Many 999s are out there joining session after session to help. 

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

Got rid of the supposed items in question, followed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that makes any difference whatsoever.

If not, probably going to Karen my way to hell and back in the hopes that Capcom will fix this - even though they likely won't - regardless if it's a bug or a server issue.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Got rid of the supposed items in question, followed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that makes any difference whatsoever.

If not, probably going to Karen my way to hell and back in the hopes that Capcom will fix this - even though they likely won't - regardless if it's a bug or a server issue.

Go full karen bro because this needs attention and needs to be fixed ASAP! This is one of my favorite ps4 titles and I want as many people as possible to enjoy it with as few issues as possible!

• Like 2