outlast ending *SPOILERS*

cryax

SPOILERS!!!!!!!
so I just finished playing outlast yesterday and I thought that they completely ruined the ending to a brilliant game. If they had left it where the priest got burned it would have been a lot better, rather than including the ghost/alien called Billy.
I was just wondering if anyone had the same view?

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

i watched the ending while watching family play the game. The game is pretty scary itself and i dont see myself getting 100% on it so i played it on my other account so my new account wont differ from the completion rating. I agree with you the ending kinda ruined it

I kinda wish miles escaped so he can tell the story of what actually happened, the whole billy thing was stupid

Edited by deadlygunner18
  • Like 2

I kinda liked it. I dont usually even play horror games. but I kinda accidentally started this game xD so I thought might as well get the trophies.

So anyway I thought the ending was interesting and you could hear the man in the wheely chair say that he has become the new host. So I assume the character we played as became the Ghost?

i watched the ending while watching family play the game. The game is pretty scary itself and i dont see myself getting 100% on it so i played it on my other account so my new account wont differ from the completion rating. I agree with you the ending kinda ruined it

I kinda wish miles escaped so he can tell the story of what actually happened, the whole billy thing was stupid

yeah I agree I thought that that was going to happen when you leave the church after the priest dies but they just dragged it on and ruined it.

and I played it with 3 of my mate because I didnt want to play it alone :D

I kinda liked it. I dont usually even play horror games. but I kinda accidentally started this game xD so I thought might as well get the trophies.

So anyway I thought the ending was interesting and you could hear the man in the wheely chair say that he has become the new host. So I assume the character we played as became the Ghost?

yeah im the same Ive never really been a big fan of horror games but outlast changed it for me, and im still the same about the ending I dont like it. I would consider playing it again if they update it and add a section at the end where you can choose your path and create a new ending but to be realistic I cant see that happening.

Yes but if he would have left the mansion they would have been unable to make a real sequel, the fact that he is now Walrider just gives Redbarrel so much more to work with, the sequel can either be

1.his family/girlfriend or whatever going down to look for him and they find his tape and well let's just say shit will go butt crazy.

2. He tries to escape from his ghostly body by finding another porr soul who accidently wanders into the shithole mansion, and with that you will play as Walrider, the game might not be as scary as the first one the. But hell it would be fun

3. They can fuck the sequel up by adding online, the different modes could be hide and seek( but with a more scary name like gore and shit) where one team are humans and the other are team are the psycho, and there will always be one random guy from the psycho team that will play as walker( the big guy). And another game mode would simply be team deatmatch where either psychos fight eachother or maybe psychos against walriders.

IF REDBARREL SEESTHIS HIRE ME

Edited by itzzh3lixx
  • Like 1

Yes but if he would have left the mansion they would have been unable to make a real sequel, the fact that he is now Walrider just gives Redbarell so much more to work with, the sequel can either be

1.his family/girlfriend or whatever going down to look for him and they find his tape and well let's just say shit will go butt crazy.

2. He tries to escape from his ghostly body by finding another porr soul who accidently wanders into the shithole mansion, and with that you will play as Walrider, the game might not be as scary as the first one the. But hell it would be fun

3. They can fuck the sequel up by adding online, the different modes could be hide and seek( but with a more scary name like gore and shit) where one team are humans and the other are team are the psycho, and there will always be one random guy from the psycho team that will play as walker( the big guy). And another game mode would simply be team deatmatch where either psychos fight eachother or maybe psychos against walriders.

IF REDBARELLS SEE THIS HIRE ME

yeah good point and if they do add online it will ruin the whole experience and mess up the game completely

I disliked the ending too. I really wanted

to escape that place, or at LEAST get close to escaping. Having Miles mercilessly gunned down after turning only 1 single corner

was just disappointing. I loved chapters 1-7, but I agree that chapter 8 was unnecessary. (it reminded me of a certain sequence from Beyond: Two Souls)

• Like 1

A little stupid sometimes - moment when two naked guys stoped chasing him, and moment when priest is burning. Yeah... right. ending? not so perfect but very good. There will be no more stupid sequel, and what more, YOU DIDNT expect that, right? And at least YOU KNOW waht is going.

If he escaped, or do what you said above, then THIS would ruined great scary game.

I don't really see what they could do with a different ending.

The Ghost aka Walrider took over your body, and the Murkoff company thought that by killing you would kill the Entity, which it didnt cause you hear it rape everyone.

I was dissapointed I died, but i honestly don't know how else he could escape...

Even though i won't touch the game again, I want to see what they do with Outlast Whistleblower which is based on what the anon tip is and what he went through... should be really interesting.

I want to know more about this universe :P

I agree with you guys, there were so many other things to explore. For instance, the Nazi and Murkoff company could completely change the ending of this game. 

And if some monster in Outlast deserved the prize of killing the main character it was CHRIS WALKER! Not that ghost buddy Billy (Are you kidding me, red Barrels? What the heck is this name for the supreme antagonist of Outlast??)

Edited by marcelotell

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the game 2 days ago, it's really scary and one of the best games on the genre that I played. Sad about the ending though, I think the battle with the ghost took the realistic feel of the game.

They could show something like this with the possibility of him going crazy, since is disturbed as hell that asylum.

But I'm still looking forward to whistle-blower

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I really hated the ending as well. Tbh I was thinking the whole time that the game was going to pull a shutter island and that (spoilers for that movie incoming beware)

Spoiler

it would turn out that Miles was one of the patients of the asylum himself who went shit crazy and killed almost everyone. The whole journalist thing could be just part of an experiment by Murkoff taking advantage of his schizophrenia to make Miles believe that he was an actual journalist who was tasked with investigating the crimes of Murkoff while in truth he was actually the one who damaged and/or killed all those people. They wanted him to find out about his true and evil nature and were hoping that this confrontation with himself might actually cure him as their most dangerous patient, a project they would call Walrider, which is why all the other patients are so afraid of that name. This would explain why so many of the patients seem to be so scared of him or why some others are hostile towards him without any given reason. This would explain why Chris Walker (former military) was so persistent in hunting you down since he had to stop you from escaping in order to prevent you doing harm to anyone else outside the asylum. 

i'm not saying this should have been the ending, since it would just rip off the movie after all, but the ending with billy as Walrider was just really dumb imo. Completely ruined the game for me.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1