Tips for winning solitaire trophy?

Banxed-

Solitaire is a super easy card game however, in Telling Lies, it's made only slightly harder by the fact that one of the King cards is missing from the deck.

On the top right of the board, you'll see four empty spaces. These are called Foundations. The aim of the game is to complete the Foundations.

You need to place the cards in the Foundations in the following order: Ace, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Jack, Queen, King

They all need to be of the same suit, so all Hearts, Diamonds, Spades and Clubs need to be grouped together in this order in their respective Foundation.

On the top left, you'll see a deck of cards called a Stock Pile. I recommend flicking through these at the start of the game and place any Ace cards you see on the Foundations.

Then you have the board, or Columns, which make up your play area. Cards that are face up and showing may be moved from the Stock Pile or the Columns to the Foundation stacks or to other Columns. To move a card to a Column, it must be one less in rank and the opposite colour. For example, if it was a 9 of Hearts (red), you can only put an 8 of Spades or Clubs (black) onto it. Stacks of cards may be moved from one Column to another as long as they maintain the same order (highest to lowest, alternating colours). If you get an empty Column, you can start a new Column with a King. Any new Column must be started with a King (or a stack of cards that starts with a King).

Once you start uncovering the hidden cards in the Columns, particularly any Ace cards that are not in the Stock Pile, you'll be able to move cards from the board into the Foundations. However, don't be too hasty with this as you may need some of the lower/mid-ranked cards to move Stacks around the board to free up hidden cards.

Here's an example of a game of Solitaire in session:

windows-solitaire-30.png

I really hope this helps you.

Edited by Desmuria
  • Like 3

On 23/06/2022 at 5:07 PM, Desmuria said:

Solitaire is a super easy card game however, in Telling Lies, it's made only slightly harder by the fact that one of the King cards is missing from the deck.

On the top right of the board, you'll see four empty spaces. These are called Foundations. The aim of the game is to complete the Foundations.

You need to place the cards in the Foundations in the following order: Ace, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Jack, Queen, King

They all need to be of the same suit, so all Hearts, Diamonds, Spades and Clubs need to be grouped together in this order in their respective Foundation.

On the top left, you'll see a deck of cards called a Stock Pile. I recommend flicking through these at the start of the game and place any Ace cards you see on the Foundations.

Then you have the board, or Columns, which make up your play area. Cards that are face up and showing may be moved from the Stock Pile or the Columns to the Foundation stacks or to other Columns. To move a card to a Column, it must be one less in rank and the opposite colour. For example, if it was a 9 of Hearts (red), you can only put an 8 of Spades or Clubs (black) onto it. Stacks of cards may be moved from one Column to another as long as they maintain the same order (highest to lowest, alternating colours). 

If you get an empty Column, you can start a new Column with a King. Any new Column must be started with a King (or a stack of cards that starts with a King).

Once you start uncovering the hidden cards in the Columns, particularly any Ace cards that are not in the Stock Pile, you'll be able to move cards from the board into the Foundations. However, don't be too hasty with this as you may need some of the lower/mid-ranked cards to move Stacks around the board to free up hidden cards.

Here's an example of a game of Solitaire in session:

windows-solitaire-30.png

I really hope this helps you.

This just helped me emphatically. Thank you so much.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's the first thing I did before actually playing the game, as somehow I expected there to be a trophy. Took me almost 10 games though to finally be able to complete it. Funny thing is that I did not notice it until the very end that there was a king missing :p.

Must say, I had more fun playing the Solitaire than the actual game. It's just too frustrating that FFW/REW is so slow in the game, or that you can't combine 2 videos from one conversation. 

• 1 year later...

I think whether or not you can win this rigged Solitaire game is highly RNG based. I just had to keep on reshuffle a new game until eventually I can get dealt with a set of cards thats winnable.

Besides on relying on RNG, focus on clearing out the deck of cards on all of the columns. If you can somehow manage to pull all those hidden cards then you've argueably won the game already.

Edited by deldoomgun