Guarded to Perfection issues

My friends and I have been trying to boost the Guarded to Perfection trophy in a private matches and there’s no success. We’ve tried modded rounds and without mods with nothing. Is anyone else having an issues getting this trophy to pop? We’re running out of ideas. Or do we just need to grind it out in public matches? Thanks in advance. 

Public matches shouldn't be necessary.

After killing the Predator, are you getting a message that the chopper is coming? Are you defending against a wave of soldiers? You don't provide enough information to actually answer your question.

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Public matches shouldn't be necessary.

After killing the Predator, are you getting a message that the chopper is coming? Are you defending against a wave of soldiers? You don't provide enough information to actually answer your question.

Yeah, everything is going through normally. We complete the round, the chopper comes, and everything just like we would in a public match. We’ve tried without mods and with mods just to see if it would help and nothing. We can’t get the trophy to pop for anything. So I’m not sure what’s going on and I can’t find anything about this trophy potentially having issues online. 

I haven't seen any information on this being buggy, but it's possible some mod combinations could make some trophies act differently.

The only other thing I can think of is if the Pred starts his self-destruct when he's dying, since this apparently causes issues with salvaging the body.

3 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I haven't seen any information on this being buggy, but it's possible some mod combinations could make some trophies act differently.

The only other thing I can think of is if the Pred starts his self-destruct when he's dying, since this apparently causes issues with salvaging the body.

Yeah, we haven’t been letting him self destruct. He just meets us at the spawn point and we start the process of defending and finishing the match. Thank you for the information though. Hopefully we can figure out what’s going on. We’re playing without mods again now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, luiz_felipe64 said:

Hi, im suffering from the same issue. Did you manage to get the trophy without mods in a private match ?

No, I’ve been trying to get this with no success. I ended up posting the issue in the developers forum page so hopefully I’ll be addressed. Hope you’re able to get it soon!

23 hours ago, ArtoriusFrost said:

A mix of both. Though I would say I did at least about 14 of them in Private lobby with a boosting partner while 11 through quick play naturally with randoms while grinding out the other trophies.

Did you use mods in private ? 

2 hours ago, ProfDrTouch said:

Did you use mods in private ? 

Yes I used modifications in the Private lobby. But beware if you’re doing Boom, elite and ancient trophies as these ones are glitchy on my end the rest of the list is fine. They didn’t pop when I boosted with a friend so I had to do 1 solo private match and eliminate the 4 AI fireteam to have them pop. As for Boom, I used grenade launcher and it popped right away after previously using assault rifle on more than 800+ barrels.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ArtoriusFrost said:

Yes I used modifications in the Private lobby. But beware if you’re doing Boom, elite and ancient trophies as these ones are glitchy on my end the rest of the list is fine. They didn’t pop when I boosted with a friend so I had to do 1 solo private match and eliminate the 4 AI fireteam to have them pop. As for Boom, I used grenade launcher and it popped right away after previously using assault rifle on more than 800+ barrels.

This Game is just @&€“. We unlocked every trophy except this one without problems.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 4:05 AM, ArtoriusFrost said:

But beware if you’re doing Boom, elite and ancient trophies as these ones are glitchy on my end. The rest of the list is fine. They didn’t pop when I boosted with a friend so I had to do 1 solo private match and eliminate the 4 AI fireteam to have them pop. As for Boom, I used grenade launcher and it popped right away after previously using assault rifle on more than 800+ barrels.

Boom is definitely glitched. I was level 75 and had destroyed at least 10 barrels per XP level, not to mention dozens of other red exploding items, so at 750 exploded barrels Boom was still locked. I tried using the grenade launcher for two rounds in a private match (modified) without success. I played one more private match (Classic Hunt, no mods) using a rifle and Boom finally unlocked. I wonder if there is a typo in the trophy code, like an extra zero, so players have to destroy 2500 exploding items, not 250. The map Backwater has dozens of barrels and explosives if anyone else is having issues and needs to grind Boom.

Re: Guarded to Perfection, my friends and I are having the same issue. After extracting over 25 Predator bodies (both with bomb disarms and without disarms in Quickplay and private matches) the trophy is still locked. Judging by the lack of response on Illfonic forums, it appears finding a solution matters little to them at this point. However, there is a plan to release Prey DLC for Predator Hunting Grounds, so hopefully they will patch Guarded to Perfection when that happens.

Edited by poetic_justice_

After some time I started playing this game again, I had several games with the FT before  where I secured the bodies and destroyed many explosives, but I decided to start counting from scratch.

I just finished securing 25 bodies in public games, I counted all of them with a pen on a paper just so I didnt make a mistake and the trophy still didnt pop, so I guess I will continue playing and maybe with some luck I will get it rather sooner than later.

And for Boom, I definitely destroyed more than 250 barrels, but I guess that not all of them count, at least I got it so it isnt too bothersome.

I played everything in public games, so I guess the numbers on the trophy list are wrong for some things or its just buggy.

And I think savior is also wrong, I am pretty sure that I healed 100 people.

Edited by Syr_Rys

Quick update, after the 30th secured body (and 10+ I had gathered before my break), I got pissed off and started a private game to boost some headshots and exfils, I also turned friendly fire on and revived the bots 24 times. Thank god "Savior" popped at the end of the match, so I guess you can boost this in private games.

Now back to grinding "Guarded to Perfection".

I also have the problem of the 25 predators, I did a boost with a friend where we made 25 for each without mods, for my friend it fell as soon as she got the first one in quick matches, for me I must have asked for about 20 in quick matches and nothing falls, most trophies work like that.

if you play private matches to get for example 1000 heads, all will count but in the end after getting 1000 heads you will need to play a game alone or public to unlock the trophy, several trophies have the same logic, only this trophy of 25 predators that don't even fall!!! and it seems to be something random because I did exactly what my friend did to get it, however, just for me it didn't fall

7 hours ago, ProfDrTouch said:

New Patch released with serveral bug fixes. Someone already tested the Guarded to Perfection trophy ?

Still bugged, didn't saw any of the bugs they fixed yet. On the contrary, there are new ones...

Edited by Frutynika
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, brunosilva225 said:

Finalmente consegui o troféu, esta pode ser a solução definitiva.

-Primeiro, comece uma partida privada 1x1 e vá para onde o Predator aparece

-Sair do jogo com o Predador (Ele vai sentar e ficar invisível)

-Mate-o, o troféu deve aparecer depois

Se o troféu não aparecer, continue fazendo isso até que ele apareça. (sua contagem pode não estar em 25 ainda)

the 'bruno' tip saved me, the trophy dropped like this

Brunosilva, this worked for me and also my friend. Prior to this, I had over 80 recoveries with about 20 plus in public matches. Nothing was working. I tried this method and it popped the second time for me. The only thing I changed between the two tries today, was that I took off the fireteam bots. Also the predator didn’t move from spawn at all. Not sure if this makes a difference or not. 

11 hours ago, brunosilva225 said:

Finally got the trophy, this may be the definitive solution.

-First off, start a private match 1x1 and go to where the Predator spawns

-Quit the game with the Predator (He will sit down and be invisible)

-Kill him, trophy should pop afterwards (The person on the Fireteam must be the host)

If  the trophy doesn't pop, keep doing this until it does. (your count may not be at 25 yet)

Will try this , Thank you ! 

• Like 1