A solid foundation & Friends in low places

Lewis_Y123

To anyone still needing these trophies, in the most recent update 3 new events were added which give out more Rep than completing the daily quest for the foundation/crater.

• Test your metal
  • Eviction notice 
  • Moonshine jamboree
Edited by Lewis_Y123
  • Like 3

these 3 new events are actually amazing. i joined FO76 a few days before this update came out. it became level ~40 to ~100 in just a few days. when you participate in these events with higher level gamers, you get a ton of XP if you assist in killing an enemy + a ton of reputation points towards a specific faction.

Test Your Metal - no reputation points given, its a Brotherhood of Steel event. still grants a ton of XP and good equipment if you help fight the bots.

Eviction Notice - gives reputation towards The Settlers / The Foundation. it is kinda difficult due to the Super Mutants needing a ton of firepower to take down and needing Power Armor, as they can also deal tons of damage. Grants the best loot and good amounts of XP

Moonshine Jamboree - gives reputation towards The Raiders / The Crater. the most fun and best way to earn XP from public events. it is chaotic but spawns in tons of enemies to assist in killing, granting more XP than you'll ever see. the rewards are alright but the XP and Reputation are incredible

best part about these events is that they happen multiple times per day and its always packed. literally the best way to earn Rep & XP at the same time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UnboundedCash99 said:

these 3 new events are actually amazing. i joined FO76 a few days before this update came out. it became level ~40 to ~100 in just a few days. when you participate in these events with higher level gamers, you get a ton of XP if you assist in killing an enemy + a ton of reputation points towards a specific faction.

Test Your Metal - no reputation points given, its a Brotherhood of Steel event. still grants a ton of XP and good equipment if you help fight the bots.

Eviction Notice - gives reputation towards The Settlers / The Foundation. it is kinda difficult due to the Super Mutants needing a ton of firepower to take down and needing Power Armor, as they can also deal tons of damage. Grants the best loot and good amounts of XP

Moonshine Jamboree - gives reputation towards The Raiders / The Crater. the most fun and best way to earn XP from public events. it is chaotic but spawns in tons of enemies to assist in killing, granting more XP than you'll ever see. the rewards are alright but the XP and Reputation are incredible

best part about these events is that they happen multiple times per day and its always packed. literally the best way to earn Rep & XP at the same time

Yeah I’m absolutely having a blast with the events so far, didn’t realise Test your metal doesn’t give any rep, that’s my bad.

Favourite event so far definitely has to be Eviction notice, it’s scrip galore 

• 2 weeks later...

I've had eviction notice come up once i always seem to get moonshine jamboree but it's still kind of rare they pop up. And I've done a ton of server hopping.

Edit: so what is the best way to consistently get them to pop up on the hour? I'm bored out of my skull doing the brain dead daily missions for rep. I'm lvl 101 by the way, got the plat only missing siding with foundation in wastelanders and the two rep trophies.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

On 06/07/2022 at 2:13 AM, JAK-KRIEG said:

I've had eviction notice come up once i always seem to get moonshine jamboree but it's still kind of rare they pop up. And I've done a ton of server hopping.

Edit: so what is the best way to consistently get them to pop up on the hour? I'm bored out of my skull doing the brain dead daily missions for rep. I'm lvl 101 by the way, got the plat only missing siding with foundation in wastelanders and the two rep trophies.

They aren't currently popping on the hour. They were for the first two weeks but then were replaced with The Mothman Equinox seasonal event, which ends tomorrow. They may bring them back into the hourly rotation after that. If they don't, then they may appear at random (along with all the other permanent events) every 20 minutes. If that's the case, then it is simply luck as to whether the one you want will appear.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

They aren't currently popping on the hour. They were for the first two weeks but then were replaced with The Mothman Equinox seasonal event, which ends tomorrow. They may bring them back into the hourly rotation after that. If they don't, then they may appear at random (along with all the other permanent events) every 20 minutes. If that's the case, then it is simply luck as to whether the one you want will appear.

Yeah I noticed that. Thanks for your reply.

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

So, right now what is the best and the fastest way to get those reputation trophies? 

Settlers

Grind the Daily Pitt preparation quest: Recipe For Success and give the meal to the Settler.

Grind the Foundation Daily Quest: Vital Equipment and donate your reward to Foundation when you return.

And hope Eviction Notice comes up and you don't get a bunch of selfish players that are just there for XP from kills.

Raiders

Start the Daily Quest: Retirement Plan and when you get back to Rocksy, say "The Wasteland has a new corpse", and immediately back out of the conversation. Rinse and repeat until the bar is full.

Edited by elvisfan1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Oh great, good to know!

I wanted to ask why they still haven't fixed it, but then I realised it's Bethesda. I will go with F76 after I will finish RDR2, so it might take a while, but those exploits will probably stay forever from what it looks like. 

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure... Bethesda has patched a lot of stuff before I even started playing 76 (IIRC I couldn't even sell stuff to other players the entire time I was going for the platinum as apparently people had found a way to dupe items and break the economy). As the game is riddled with microtransactions they're actually making an effort when it comes to bugs now lol

Ok, so basically, how long would it take to get to those rep quest so I could glitch them? I stopped playing after doing platinum trophy long time ago.

How long whole operation would take, give or take? Start Wastelanders, do those quests and be able to glitch rep for both factions? 

9 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Ok, so basically, how long would it take to get to those rep quest so I could glitch them? I stopped playing after doing platinum trophy long time ago.

How long whole operation would take, give or take? Start Wastelanders, do those quests and be able to glitch rep for both factions? 

IIRC you will definitely be able to do the daily quests at least at the end of the final Wastelanders main quest. Can't remember if they're available before then but even if they are it's advisable to wait until the end of Wastelanders to do them seeing as you gain reputation with both factions as you complete the main quest line and then a big reputation boost at the end of the quest line depending on your final decision. Therefore, the grind will be reduced if you leave the dailies until after. 

As for how long Wastelanders takes as a whole, the guide says 50 hours but I remember it feeling much faster than that (partially due to double xp rewards)

The workaround for the raiders factions is different and even easier IIRC. That is, if it hasn't been patched. Someone made a thread on it here if you search.