Hard Pass Trophy Fix - Disc Version/Possibly Digital

mati11120

So trying this on the PS5 digital version, the save icon appears too late and only for like a second.  I've tried up to chapter 3, and every time, it just puts me at the beginning of the next chapter.  I was, however, able to do this on my coop playthrough, but it was at chapter 9 already, so I'm not sure if the trophy will actually pop if I do it enough times.

45 minutes ago, shawn-norris said:

So trying this on the PS5 digital version, the save icon appears too late and only for like a second.  I've tried up to chapter 3, and every time, it just puts me at the beginning of the next chapter.  I was, however, able to do this on my coop playthrough, but it was at chapter 9 already, so I'm not sure if the trophy will actually pop if I do it enough times.

You can do this only 2 times and for third time game put you on next chapter intro,you should start from prologue and play up to chapter 5 end 

1 hour ago, shawn-norris said:

If you are too late you should time close app right because if you are on dashboard menu game is still running,again for the first time,move on wait for save icon then close app,game should put you on hag cutscene but after "move on" Nowe don't do anything proceed to chapter normally because if you try to do this second time game put you on next chapter intro,not hag chair

5 hours ago, mati11120 said:

If you are too late you should time close app right because if you are on dashboard menu game is still running,again for the first time,move on wait for save icon then close app,game should put you on hag cutscene but after "move on" Nowe don't do anything proceed to chapter normally because if you try to do this second time game put you on next chapter intro,not hag chair

so you want it to be on the no dialaue after you close game or do you want to be able to move on again? im  not seeing save icon at all on ps5

Edited by ckleckner78

12 hours ago, mati11120 said:

I got my trophy hard pass after chapter 5 end and selecting move on

Explanation how this works

If you get in 

Prologue - 2x move on

Ch1-2 move on

Ch2-2 move on

Ch3-2 move on

Ch4- 2 move on 

And ch 5-move on 

Total 9 move on so if this trophy worked correctly then this should unlock after chapter 9 end 

I’m confused as to how many triggers we’re needing to get here?

You say it needs 9 triggers, but looking at the example you would’ve triggered 11 times by the time you got it to pop in chapter 5

Edit… Can you please also confirm which game version you were running (1.00, 1.01 or 1.02) as the working theory has been that it’s impossible on certain patches

Edited by BGriff1986
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

I’m confused as to how many triggers we’re needing to get here?

You say it needs 9 triggers, but looking at the example you would’ve triggered 11 times by the time you got it to pop in chapter 5

Edit… Can you please also confirm which game version you were running (1.00, 1.01 or 1.02) as the working theory has been that it’s impossible on certain patches

We got confirmation,people with my method got trophy on 1.0.0 downgraded version and also with updated digital versions,check HARD pass trophy thread for more info

1 minute ago, mati11120 said:

We got confirmation,people with my method got trophy on 1.0.0 downgraded version and also with updated digital versions,check HARD pass trophy thread for more info

What about the number of triggers? Is it 9, is it 11, is it somewhere in between?

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

What about the number of triggers? Is it 9, is it 11, is it somewhere in between?

You need 9  triggers so if you do my method you are gonna have 8 triggers at the start of chapter 5 and at the end before chapter 6 you should got a trophy like me after choose "move on" In chapter 5 end hag cutscene

Edited by mati11120

20 minutes ago, mati11120 said:

You need 9  triggers so if you do my method you are gonna have 8 triggers at the start of chapter 5 and at the end before chapter 6 you should got a trophy like me after choose "move on" In chapter 5 end hag cutscene

Surely you have 10 by the start of chapter 5?

Prologue + 4 chapters = 5 conversations * 2 triggers each = 10

Edited by BGriff1986

25 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Surely you have 10 by the start of chapter 5?

Prologue + 4 chapters = 5 conversations * 2 triggers each = 10

That's right, I wrote my text after getting plat late night so probably I make mistake with 8 and 10.We don't know how this actually works,only speculation but since ps5 ver loading times is so faster you should get hard pass at the end of chapter 8 only if you close app after every hag move on scene,on ps4 version it's easy to wait for save icon because loading is slow..so you can trick game to get this trophy at chapter 5 end

1 hour ago, mati11120 said:

tried one move on in ps4 version and still dont see a save icon a screenshot of what it looks like could help

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mati11120 said:

That's right, I wrote my text after getting plat late night so probably I make mistake with 8 and 10.We don't know how this actually works,only speculation but since ps5 ver loading times is so faster you should get hard pass at the end of chapter 8 only if you close app after every hag move on scene,on ps4 version it's easy to wait for save icon because loading is slow..so you can trick game to get this trophy at chapter 5 end

If it does require 11 triggers that would help explain why virtually nobody is managing to get it to pop - since the most you should be able to get in a normal run is 10.

17 minutes ago, mati11120 said:

could you please be more specific when exactly to close the game on ps5? I don’t have any saving icon/symbol. As fast ast you chose move on? After the hag comments about your choice? Right before the screen fades?

• Like 1

I’m glad to confirm that I just got the hard pass trophy (and platinum trophy as well) with mati’s tips

I play with PS5 digital version (1.0.2) , I selected move on every time in Pro,ch1,ch2,ch3,ch4 and then quit the game immediately after move on( no need to wait for any save icon, because PS5 is different than ps4).

launch game and continue with the save, you will continue in the hag scene and go to next chapter.

when I select move on in ch5, the trophy popped and mission completed !

thanks mati and all fellows for advise ??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

i just got hard pass on ps5 digital updated all i did was move on and close game on dialogue right after and reloaded on pro 1 2 3 4 and trophy poped for me right after ch 5 so that would be 11 triggers

Hey congrats! :D 

Just to confirm, you didn't get to select 'Move On' twice when you reloaded your save right? but it loaded on the speech she made instead?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Datanode1 said:

Hey congrats! :D 

Just to confirm, you didn't get to select 'Move On' twice when you reloaded your save right? but it loaded on the speech she made instead?

yes i was confused about that at first to.   off subject i think its dumb i cant not use 2 different systems to get platinum faster as its apparently a flaggable offense

Edited by ckleckner78
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckleckner78 said:

yes i was confused about that at first to.   off subject i think its dumb i cant not use 2 different systems to get platinum faster as its apparently a flaggable offense

lol yeah i didn't want to go 5 chapters in and realise I was not doing it right.

• Like 1

the bad part about playing on xbox is theres 0 way to back your saves, and is u play off line trophies may not pop which mine did not as i went offline in ch 2 but just went back on so i dont think my save is any good now.meaning now that i messed up and got emma killed i gotta replay entire game.

Edited by ckleckner78