Hard Pass Trophy Fix - Disc Version/Possibly Digital

mati11120

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

So what exactly do you do for digital? Say move on and immediately close? I read close with PlayStation button on remote and someone else said just go to the menu

As soon as you choose Move On, just dashboard out (hit ps button and choose home) and close the game. 

Restart game, choose continue and you'll be taken to right after the moment you chose Move On. 

• Like 1

Just now, kissoon32 said:

As soon as you choose Move On, just dashboard out (hit ps button and choose home) and close the game. 

Restart game, choose continue and you'll be taken to right after the moment you chose Move On. 

yes or even easier just go back to main menu n continue

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaos9160 said:

Been lurking around on all the Hard Pass related topics for a few days now. 

Huge thanks to everyone who’s taken the time

to try out different things/runs all for the sake of this buggy mess we call a trophy. 

I managed to get it to pop earlier today on PS5 V1.02 digital edition by using Mati’s method: 

Simply find at least one tarot card in every chapter from the Prologue onwards, then choose move on and immediately hold down your PS button to return to the Home Screen. Close the software, then open it back up and resume from where you were. It should pick up right as Eliza makes her comment about you not wanting to see more, then proceed through the next chapter as normal. 

It popped for me right as I pressed move on at the end of Chapter 5, which going off the assumption that every close/reset results in an extra counter tracked, would make it exactly 11 times. (2x for Prologue + Chapters 1 through 4 equals 10, then Chapter 5 is what pops it.)

I fully believe the developers fucked up and made it so the check for Hard Pass requires refusing Eliza 11 times. I assume this is because there’s technically 11 chapters if you include the prologue, but Chapter 10 doesn’t offer you any chance to see more/move on because visions no longer matter at that point. 

Also, can confirm this doesn’t do anything negative to your console or the save data because of how meticulous the auto save feature is. 

Happy to answer any other questions if people still aren’t sure, or are worried about the steps.

Thank you! Trying now. Currently in chapter one. It worked on the prologue. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Hoping I’m doing it right. Starting chapter 4

Hoping I’m doing it right. Starting chapter 4

can someone clarify if you need to do the closeout thing for chapter 5 and it pops in chapter 6? Or does it automatically pop in chapter 5? 

You’re good! It should pop automatically when you hit “Move on” during the hag encounter at the end of chapter 5. No need to close the software this time, since this is technically what triggers the trophy to pop. :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chaos9160 said:

You’re good! It should pop automatically when you hit “Move on” during the hag encounter at the end of chapter 5. No need to close the software this time, since this is technically what triggers the trophy to pop. :)

Awesome! Thank you ? hopefully it’ll work for me. Need to do it after work though. 

Can anyone confirm is it strict you must only collect one tarot card each chapter?

I am collecting all clues from scratch that means I am going to miss the card on chapter 2 because of the branch.

Will I still be able to get the trophy if I don't have choice to move on chapter 2 but if I keep doing that in the following chapters? I am hoping the trophy will pop in after chapter 6 for making up one more chapter.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:53 PM, Datanode1 said:

Shout out to @mati11120 This thread works on PS5 Digital Patch version 1.02

I just got the Hard Pass trophy using this method! :D

The trophy popped when selecting MOVE ON at the end of Chapter 5.

Enjoy the Premium Membership to the forum bud. Thanks for the help.

Oh my,I was confused at first when I see I have premium membership then see this,thank you very much happy to help fellow trophy hunters!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sxie0212 said:

Can anyone confirm is it strict you must only collect one tarot card each chapter?

I am collecting all clues from scratch that means I am going to miss the card on chapter 2 because of the branch.

Will I still be able to get the trophy if I don't have choice to move on chapter 2 but if I keep doing that in the following chapters? I am hoping the trophy will pop in after chapter 6 for making up one more chapter.

Yes can confirm this works. Just popped the trophy after I chose move on at the end of chapter 7.

Not sure why it didn't pop as I expected at the end of chapter 6 tho, the trophy requirement is still spotty. 

• Like 2

Did not work when I tried to just load up Chapter 9 from a completed game that had at least one card from each chapter. Will have to replay half the game again. Does anyone know if it has to be in one sitting or if you can pause and come back to it later?

I've been away from the forum for quite some time, but just wanted to point out that I've found 100% success on only double loading the MOVE ON from Chapter 8, then playing chapter 9.  Never uninstalled, never started over. Loaded my first playthrough ever (after countless playthroughs offline), chose 8 and got LOVERS, quit after Eliza save after 8, reloaded, play 9 and get DEATH, and POP! It does not matter how many tarot you find per chapter EXCEPT in Chapter 8 (THE LOVERS seems to be the only one required in 8, and Death in 9 from what I found after 3 successful tests in a row on PS5).  I had ever clue/evidence/tarot until 8, then only picked up LOVERS and DEATH.  Worked every time.

Mati11120, thank you very much for this :)

I just got the "Hard pass" trophy after chapter 7 (didn`t pick Tarot card in CH2 because i collecting clues in this playthrough).

Just 3 chapter left, all clues and all infections and im done.

Once again, thank you for discovering this. Its boring to go through game without a possibility to skip / speed up scenes and dialogues.

Btw, i just quit to game main menu, didn`t close the aplication on my PS5. Its not necessary.

Edited by Tuhy_Marko

23 minutes ago, TheKirbs said:

I'm on PS4 digital version and when I pick move on I don't get the save icon, when should I exit the game?

When you pick move on,exit Asap then after continue you should respawn on Eliza chair after choosing move on 

• Like 2

@mati11120 Thanks for the tip. Got my plat. I will say that you don't need to close the game though. On PS5 with the latest patch I just pressed start immediately after selecting "move on" then pressed triangle to quit to main menu. Then selected continue on that save.

Thanks again everyone.

• Like 2