Trying to learn all the EZPZ categories.

JohnCenaSong-

Within the trophy community I'd say they still fit the bill. There may be more beyond the trophies but being as there's many stacks and many releases and the trophy audience farms them quickly just like the others I wouldn't make that distinction to leave them. I do agree it should be noted that in term of games that yes, Ratalaika aren't purely a bunch of trophies with a 'game' loosely cobbled around it xD. Though to be fair a good chunk of their games were still quite shovelware.

I have a friend who legit plays POWGI from time to time and I think they're fairly solid, but as it's simple to stack them all out quickly with guides so I'd consider them another category.

• Like 2

A few more games and I'd say to include developer "the voices games" who keeps releasing the ugliest games imaginable, giving reason to people believe they were made while using LSD or something.

And when I say ugly I don't mean ugly by PS4/PS5 standards, if those games were released for N64 they'd still had bad graphics.

Edited by Hellish-Abyss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

Why though ?1f3fc.png‍♀️ Just seems a weird thing to monitor ?

My guess would be as a means to know what games to avoid, but I'd fear it could be used as a tool to judge people recklessly. Especially since EZPZ means different things to different people.

Everyone draws the line of acceptability just below what they're currently doing. I personally put the line at games which feel like cheap Copy and Paste jobs, like Breakthrough and the 'x' jumping games. I've seen some people put that level at Telltale Games, Artifex Mundi or even Lego. 

My main rule though is to only buy a game if I think I'll enjoy it, although I am often wrong... Storm Boy was so disappointing...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

There's the Sakura not-hentai trash that you can get the platinum in minutes.

Yup, Gamuzumi has a growing catalog of sub-5 minute platinum visual novels.

3 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Do visual novels fit into any of these? They are quick easy trophies to stack. 

I think they can, but it really depends on how the player approaches them.

For example, probably the most well-known one is Steins;Gate. It took me like 40 hrs to plat it going through the story (even with a guide). However, I'm aware that if you just fast forward thru the story it's like a 2-3 hr plat. The same applies to most of the other games in the Science Adventure series that Steins;Gate is part of (Chaos;Child, Robotics;Notes, etc.).

There are actual garbage ones that fit this description tho.

4 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

How much money have you approximately spent on all those easy games? 1f605.png

More than I should. However, I’m in a fortunate position where I can afford it and have a strat to manage my gaming budget and time. 

Buy only my region’s games (no stacks)

Jump on deals and sales

Focus on cross buy titles

Participate, hope, and pray for free giveaways but never win :)

Claim free upgrade versions when available

Take advantage of autopops when available

That’ll be $5 for my services please. ?

• Like 3

It could be said that trophy hunting is an addiction and these EZPZ’s, autopopping, buying platinums are an easy fix. 

In snowflake world you’re not allowed to go and pass judgement on people who cant resist a brownie or a drink. It’s just not done. Us EZPZ poppers shouldn’t be met with constant ridicule and have to justify our actions on the daily either. It’s an illness ?

Although I play them myself from start to end, I think some of the POWGI games can be platted by only finishing puzzles that have a trophy connected to them. So in that case they qualify as EZPZ. That many people use guides to run through them should not really be an argument in this discussion.

A good reason why most Ratalaika games do qualify is that you only have to finish level 10 of 40 to get the platinum.

So in short, if decisions have been made to appeal to the trophy-addicted, then the games as a whole are EZPZ in my opinion. (Would Ratalaika have stayed in business if it had not been for the quick plats they attached to those games?).

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

8 hours ago, Hellish-Abyss said:

A few more games and I'd say to include developer "the voices games" who keeps releasing the ugliest games imaginable, leaving reason to people believe they were made while using LSD or something.

And when I say ugly I don't mean ugly by PS4/PS5 standards, if those games where released for N64 they'd still had bad graphics.

The voice games are one of the worst things I've ever played in my life.Of all the crap I've played, this is definitely the most embarrassing