Sonic Origins Cheat Codes (Trophies not affected)

Sylvanticore

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 4:45 AM, Sylvanticore said:

Greetings one and all!

I am sure there are many of you out there who have played the classic Sonic games and can remember all of the cheats by heart! But for those of you who want to have some fun with cheats but have not ever played classic Sonic before, have a terrible memory like me OR got this for easy trophies and want to be done with it faster than a blue blurr needing to save the world from an evil fatman wanting to enslave animals, then this is the thread for you! I think...

So without anymore time wasting, let's get this started.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Level Select Screen

On the title screen press in this order UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, START/OPTIONS A chime will play if you have done it correctly and you're now be on the level select screen, on the right you'll see a number of options that allow you to change aspects of the game.

KpfSwCz.jpg

PLAYER

This allows you to choose what character you want to select when picking your level, there are 4 options for this, 01 is Sonic, 02 is Tails, 03 is Knuckles and the 4th option 00 allos you to play as both Sonic and Tails like you would in Sonic 2

SPINDASH

Self explanatory really, Sonic 1 originally never had the spindash seen in other classic Sonic games yet the mobile version which this game is a port of included it just like Tails and Knuckles.

GND SPD CAP & AIR SPD CAP

These will be off automatically, turning them on will cap the speed you move at, (I've not touched them so not sure how much speed you will lose)

S1 SPIKES

Unless you want the truest of Sonic 1 experiences, leave this option off, what this option does is turn on a bug that was in the original game, where if you hit a set of spikes you were not given any invincibility frames and would instantly die if you hit another set of spikes right after.

ITEMS

Now this is a fun option, what this allows you to do is to add item boxes from Sonic 2 and 3 into the original Sonic game, meaning you can add the elemental shields to spice up the original game. An extra bonus is Sonic will now also have his jump attack from Sonic 3 also, press jump again during a jump.

MAX EMERALDS

There is only 2 options here, 6 or 7, 6 is the original number of emeralds in Sonic 1 where as 7 is the number that was introduced as of Sonic 2, but what does this mean?

Now all those little options are out of the way, let's get onto the cheat codes for Sonic 1.

ALL EMERALDS CODE + SUPER FORM IN SONIC 1

Yes you see that right, you can now use the SUPER form in the original Sonic the Hedgehog, to do this you must go to the level select screen as showed above, turn the option for Max Emeralds to 7 and then go down to the Sound Test, one there play these songs. 04, 01, 02, 06. Once entered you will hear the SFX for collecting an Emerald. Now you can play any level you want, collect 50 rings, jump and then press TRIANGLE and you will become your character's super form, keep collecting rings because the form will drain your items slowly. During this form you will move at top speed and be invincible to everything but pitfalls and being crushed. Once you become Super it will unlock the Super Sonic trophy.

MS7qKTj.jpg

Debug Mode

Activate the Level Select and head down to Sound Test, this time you want to play these songs in order, 01, 09, 09, 01, 00, 06, 02, 03. Once you have done the order correctly you will hear the SFX for collecting a ring, once that is done you can collect any level you want, you'll also know if it worked because in the corner of the screen you'll a X and Y line, debug mode will allow you to mess around the game by placing down items anywhere you want, press CIRCLE to change into debug, CROSS will cycle through the different items and pressing TRIANGLE will place that item down, pressing CIRCLE again will take you out of debug mode. so now you can do sill stuff like this.

ykEpGMf.jpg

I will not using pictures for the rest of the cheats since you know now what they do so i'll keep them brief from now on.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Level Select Screen

On the title screen you want to press UP, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT RIGHT. If done correctly you will hear a chime and you can press START/OPTIONS. The only level you can not access from this menu is Hidden Palace as you are required to access you ingame first.

Super Sonic

Once on the Level Select screen head down to Sound Test, play the songs 04, 01, 02, 06. Once entered you will hear the SFX for collecting an Emerald. Now you can play any level you want, collect 50 rings, jump and then press TRIANGLE and you will become Super Sonic.

Debug Mode

Activate the Level Select and head down to Sound Test, this time you want to play these songs in order, 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04. Once you have done the order correctly you will hear the SFX for collecting a ring, once that is done you can collect any level you want, you'll also know if it worked because in the corner of the screen you'll a X and Y line, debug mode will allow you to mess around the game by placing down items anywhere you want, press CIRCLE to change into debug, CROSS will cycle through the different items and pressing TRIANGLE will place that item down, pressing CIRCLE again will take you out of debug mode.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles

Level Select Screen

On the title screen you want to press UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, UP, UP, UP, UP. Once done press DOWN twice and you'll find Sound Test, in here you'll find the Level Select Screen

Super Sonic

Once on the Level Select screen head down to Sound Test, play the songs 04, 01, 02, 06. Once entered you will hear the SFX for collecting an Emerald. Now you can play any level you want, collect 50 rings, jump and then press TRIANGLE and you will become Super Sonic.

Hyper Sonic

Once on the Level Select screen head down to Sound Test, play the songs 04, 01, 02, 06, 04, 01, 02, 06. You will hear two SFX this time, one half way and one at the end, activating Hyper Sonic is the same as Super Sonic. Hyper Sonic is faster than Super and is also given a screen nuking midair attack.

Debug Mode

Activate the Level Select and head down to Sound Test, this time you want to play these songs in order, 01, 09, 09, 04, 01, 00, 01, 08. Once you have done the order correctly you will hear the SFX for collecting a ring, once that is done you can collect any level you want, you'll also know if it worked because in the corner of the screen you'll a bunch of random numbers, debug mode will allow you to mess around the game by placing down items anywhere you want, press SQUARE to change into debug, CROSS will cycle through the different items and pressing TRIANGLE will place that item down, pressing SQUARE again will take you out of debug mode.

Sonic CD?

Unless someone knows of any cheats or codes for this game I am unaware of if any exist.

Well there you go, all the known codes for Origins, if you're looking at them and wondering why the Debug codes are different yet Super Sonic is the same each time, the debug codes are actually refering to the original release dates of the Mega Drive/Genesis games.

(I should also point out, I didn't discover ANY of this on my own, credit goes out to any website, any magazine in the 90's or TV program/Youtube show that does cheats. I just wanted to put this on here so people have them in one place!)

Nicely done describing the cheats and how it will make the platinum much easier. I do need to point out however, that I first read about these cheats/debug mode over on Powerpyx’s website since he wrote a guide for the game.

He also mentioned that you can use the cheats to spawn in enemies to help quickly obtain the enemy trophies and easily get S ranks on a mission 10 times for another trophy (you don’t need to do 10 different missions, thank god).

I hope people actually play through this game and don't just see it as a plat to cheat to get...

They're fantastic games and now with anniversary mode you've infinite lives so you really should play through these games.

Once you've finished them, the cheats can be great fun though. I spent so much time with the debug cheat for sonic 2 back in the day ?

• Like 1