July 2022's PS+ Games - Crash Bandicoot 4, Man of Medan, and Arcadegeggon

Abby_TheLastofUs

58 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

I'm genuinely curious, has this happened before? A game not having a trophy list initially suddenly granted one later? :o 

Well yes, the first Uncharted, Super Stardust HD, Metal Gear Solid 4...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 2

Its possible trophyless ps1 games could add them in the future. Its just not likely at the moment as they are still in that testing phase and those first few games are basically testing the waters. If enough people plat the ones with trophies and not play the ones without  i can see more coming and previously trophyless games getting them.

• Like 2

I already played Crash 4, so I will agree that it’s one of the best games in the franchise. But those going to platinum the game like I did will be in for a rude awakening. It took me a total of 4 weeks to get all of the clear gems (regular and inverted levels), get the N sanely Perfect relics (beat the story levels without dying), all of the PLATINUM time relics, and beat each flashback tape with all crates. I will say, this game has been one to really test my patience since a lot of the relics were absolute hell in my opinion. So I gotta say, good luck to those attempting to 106% the game. Fortunately, you can transfer your PS4 save to PS5 and auto pop the majority of the trophies, minus some small cleanups that you would need to do afterwards.

The other 2 games I don’t really care that much about. Man of Medan, I can already grab that with my Premium subscription. But that’s just me. Another good month of free games nonetheless.

Edited by Lil-Gameboy123
  • Like 2

Crash 4 - I've not dealt with the Crash collection yet, so this will be put off for a while. But it looks good, so still intend to play it eventually.

Man Of Medan - I've been told this is a 'you either like it or  you don't, no middle ground' kinda deal. Will try.

Arcadegeddon - Watched the trailer, hard pass.

Sold my copy of Crash 4 over a year ago and everytime I look to rebuy it it's still never been particularly cheap so this is a great month for me

I've wanted to try one of the Dark Anthology games for a while as well but heard mixed things so didn't want to buy them 

I don't care about Crash, I have no skills for platformers. Already played and finished Man of Medan. The third looks like trash live service. Plus essential is pretty much worthless, sony should've lowered the asking price for essential.

• Like 1

I honestly cannot wait for crash! I love the series and I've been waiting to get it for a while now! revisiting a nostalgia fueled series is always fun for me and especially so when you you know the newer games were actually treated with respect and are a blast to play :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Sorry but wtf. How is it right to be giving a game we already have? You can't call these separate services anymore as we are forced to buy Essential to get access to Premium/Extra.. how does this make any sense? What a scummy thing to do. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a little put off by this. We shouldn't be getting games in essential that we already have in Extra/Premium. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MMartin-Lawrence said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a little put off by this. We shouldn't be getting games in essential that we already have in Extra/Premium. 

While in principle I agree and understand the annoyance from those who have Extra/Premium, I have to say, I saw this coming a mile off. With the sheer number of games in the Extra/Premium library, it was only inevitable that some will be through into Essential. I do think that they have some cheek to do so on the very first month of the new tier system though.

I already have Crash 4, but only the PS4 version, so it will be nice to get an upgrade even if I don't intend on playing it again for a long time. It's a good offering for those who don't already have the game. The other two games I'm not interested in.

• Like 1

For those who claimed Man of Medan on PS+ Extra. Hopefully they can rewrite the extra to essential.

If you have PS+ Extra, and claim Man of Medan during July. Hopefully it applies as an Essential title.

Edited by Kishnabe

8 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

I'm genuinely curious, has this happened before? A game not having a trophy list initially suddenly granted one later? :o 

Yes, but not since the PS3 days. The last one was MGS4 back in 2012, and even that was an outlier since the previous one before that was in 2009 or 2010, I believe. No Vita, PS4 or PS5 game (that I'm aware of) has had a trophy list added after the fact, yet.

6 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Sorry but wtf. How is it right to be giving a game we already have? You can't call these separate services anymore as we are forced to buy Essential to get access to Premium/Extra.. how does this make any sense? What a scummy thing to do. 

These games are mainly for those who only have the PS+ Essential tier. Also, if a game put on the Essential tier is claimed, then it is available to play for however long someone is subscribed, unlike ones that were on then removed from the Premium/Extra tiers. They should still be classed as separate services, since they have separate "rules" regarding game "ownership".

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Well yes, the first Uncharted, Super Stardust HD, Metal Gear Solid 4...

Noice! But is it confirmed that Tekken 2 will receive a trophy list in the future? I believe it was stated that for PS Classic games it's up to the devs to decide whether or not to add a trophy list? 

7 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

These games are mainly for those who only have the PS+ Essential tier. Also, if a game put on the Essential tier is claimed, then it is available to play for however long someone is subscribed, unlike ones that were on then removed from the Premium/Extra tiers. They should still be classed as separate services, since they have separate "rules" regarding game "ownership".

But everyone who has Extra/Premium is forced to have Essential, sorry but getting a game we already have is just ridiculous, they literally have thousands of other games to pick and they pick a newly added game when the service has just launched. I don't care about the game forever been in my Plus library, like most once the game is finished it will never be played again. 

They started the service in Asia by triple dipping, now the first month in NA/EU and they are double dipping a newly added game, its a pretty daft way to advertise a service imo. 

Fair enough if this was a rare thing, but this happens way too much.. in fact it's 4 months in a row now. 

15 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

The PS Plus effect on last month's games:

• God of War: +10,156 New Owners - Platinum Rarity (28.57% -> 28.48%)
  • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl (PS4): +7,604 New Owners - Platinum Rarity (20.56% -> 27.41%)
  • Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker: +4,548 New Owners - Platinum Rarity (1.83% - > 1.67%)

Last month's games gained a lot of new owners, but not nearly as many as I thought there would be. God of War's Platinum rarity hardly budged, as I figured. Nickelodeon's Platinum becoming ~7% more common after Plus is a bit unexpected, but with it being an easy completion with autopopping possibilities through Shareplay, I can see why. Boruto is at least not in any danger of ever reaching 2%, especially after hearing how terrible the online experience is from a friend currently playing the game.

Current metrics for July's games, pre-Plus: 

• Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4): 54,597 Owners, 4.95% Platinum Rarity (2,704 Achievers)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS5): 14,461 Owners, 8.16% Platinum Rarity (1,180 Achievers)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (PS4): 48,262 Owners, 8.16% Platinum Rarity (3,940 Achievers)
  • Arcadegeddon: No trophies

Predictions (Rarity):

Since Crash is the "big game" for this month, if we give it God of War's +10,000 Owner Count, it does some pretty nice things for both Platinums. The PS4 stack, which is pretty close to not being Ultra Rare anymore, should now lock in the UR status by drawing a lot closer to 4% than before. The PS5 stack for Crash, which currently suffers from dilution due to autopops, should see a nice boost as well, and may even finally become Ultra Rare (though just barely). If we give Man of Medan the +7,600 owners that Nickelodeon gained, it increases in rarity to somewhere around 7% - which I don't expect would turn for the worse like Nickelodeon did, since Medan's platinum seems to require more time invested in comparison.

I love this kind of statistics, keep up the good work 

• Like 1