July 2022's PS+ Games - Crash Bandicoot 4, Man of Medan, and Arcadegeggon

Abby_TheLastofUs

17 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

I'm genuinely curious, has this happened before? A game not having a trophy list initially suddenly granted one later? :o 

Temtem, PS5. Not sure if that counts because it's early access. At "launch", it was functional game during early access, missing some features like Dualsense motions and trophies. Overtime it added all of them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tirmata said:

I already played Crash 4, but I think it is a good month with that. It is one of the titles what made Playstation 1 good, and the 4th game is actually very nice. Arcadegeddon doesn't have trophies, I may play few rounds to see and I'll check Man of Medan, it seems an interesting game. All in all, I think it is a fairly good month.

It'll get trophies when it officially releases. at the moment it's technically in Early Access. The 1.0 launch is on the day we get it - I think it's also coming to other platforms at the same time.

Same thing (kinda) happened with Temtem. That launched in early access with no trophies on PS5, they were added later (surprisingly before the 1.0 launch though)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

& don't forget Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, The Legend of Dragoon, Mega Man Legends 1 & 2, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Suikoden 1 & 2, Tomba! 1 & 2, SoulBlade, Syphon Filter 2 & 3, just to name a few.

SUIKODEN?! WHAT?! SUIKODEN IS COMING?!

Next you'll tell me Drakengard/Drag-on Dragoon is as well...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, visighost said:

SUIKODEN?! WHAT?! SUIKODEN IS COMING?!

Next you'll tell me Drakengard/Drag-on Dragoon is as well...

No, he listed some games that were already sold on PS3 (and others that weren't), nothing has been announced.

(Suikoden 1 and 2 were on PS3 btw)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

No, he listed some games that were already sold on PS3 (and others that weren't), nothing has been announced.

(Suikoden 1 and 2 were on PS3 btw)

Aaaah, thanks. Would be so nice to play those two series with trophies...

• Like 1

I'm pleasantly surprised! I wasn't expecting much based on past months. I played the Crash N. Sane Trilogy on the Switch so I haven't touched it as part of the PS Plus Collection yet but I might try working on those trophies now and then jump into Crash 4 next month.

Will definitely try Crash (even though I'm terrible at them lol) and Arcadegeddon with a coop friend.

Probably pass on Medan since I tried Little Hope by that company on PC and it was not my thing at all.

Can't wait for Stray though! Decided to get Extra since it was only $60 for an entire year for me (Have it til Jan 2024)

Crash 4 looks awesome, although I need to play the trilogy first before I even think about tackling that one. Man of Medan is pretty great too, albeit a little draining to platinum. Recommend playing with a friend though as it’s quite fun.

Awesome to see Stray is coming to PSExtra too because even though I’m not a cat person I saw some footage from that game a few months back and it looked pretty intriguing.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:23 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

The PS Plus effect on last month's games:

• God of War: +10,156 New Owners - Platinum Rarity (28.57% -> 28.48%)
  • Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl (PS4): +7,604 New Owners - Platinum Rarity (20.56% -> 27.41%)
  • Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker: +4,548 New Owners - Platinum Rarity (1.83% - > 1.67%)

Last month's games gained a lot of new owners, but not nearly as many as I thought there would be. God of War's Platinum rarity hardly budged, as I figured. Nickelodeon's Platinum becoming ~7% more common after Plus is a bit unexpected, but with it being an easy completion with autopopping possibilities through Shareplay, I can see why. Boruto is at least not in any danger of ever reaching 2%, especially after hearing how terrible the online experience is from a friend currently playing the game.

Current metrics for July's games, pre-Plus: 

• Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4): 54,597 Owners, 4.95% Platinum Rarity (2,704 Achievers)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS5): 14,461 Owners, 8.16% Platinum Rarity (1,180 Achievers)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (PS4): 48,262 Owners, 8.16% Platinum Rarity (3,940 Achievers)
  • Arcadegeddon: No trophies

Interesting stats, something I myself occasionally track. If possible, I'd suggest taking the date closer to the PS Plus availability date. The games won't be available for another week. It's not going to make a huge difference but if you have time, why not do it.

I only wish Sony would reveal numbers of how many people download/add individual games. Only a tiny fraction of PS Plus users are tracked here on PSN Profile and it's a specific community so the results are already biased and the reality might be very different. Still, it's interesting to track and at least see trends within the PSN Profiles community.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Crash 4 looks awesome, although I need to play the trilogy first before I even think about tackling that one.

Crash Bandicoot 1 thru 3 will prepare you for Crash 4, with Crash 1 being the hardest of the trilogy. I'm scared about tackling this one myself. Tight speedruns, dying extremely frequently, playing thru all the levels and doing them again in inverted mode. It's easily regarded as the hardest, with times taking anywhere from 50 hours to well over 100 hours.

That's reaching Super Meat Boy levels of commitment.

11 hours ago, ChecoMayor said:

this month is the time I upgrade Plus to play Stray at launch, that's the only thing I care

I completely forgot about Stray. You just got me pumped for it!

1 hour ago, darkalphar said:

I've never played Cash Bandicoot 1-3. Would I be missing out if I tried playing CB 4 without doing the original trilogy first?

If so many people - including me - were more than fine starting with a lore heavy Witcher 3, I'm sure you'll be ok just going ahead and enjoying a platformer like Crash 4 without worrying about the previous games.

Devs wouldn't be doing their job right if they didn't make it suitable for newcomers.

Plus, you don't seem to be an obsessed completionist, so just enjoy the game.

• Like 2

I call it a good month. 

Definitely gonna play Crash 4. Definitely not gonna play the other 2. I don't plant to plat it, and I probably won't even touch the inverted mode levels more than once. I am hoping it's fun in the way 3 was and not in the way 1 or 2 was supposed to be. 

Man of Medan was on GamePass already and it was torture. I loved Until Dawn, but DPA MoM's story and characters were shite. Weird cause their newest game The Quarry just came out. Coincidence?  "If you like our recentish old game buy our latest new one!"  Unfortunately they didn't make that style of gameplay any more fun in The Quarry. 

Arcadegeddon. Ehh? No. 

On 2022-06-30 at 7:23 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Crash Bandicoot 1 thru 3 will prepare you for Crash 4, with Crash 1 being the hardest of the trilogy. I'm scared about tackling this one myself. Tight speedruns, dying extremely frequently, playing thru all the levels and doing them again in inverted mode. It's easily regarded as the hardest, with times taking anywhere from 50 hours to well over 100 hours.

That's reaching Super Meat Boy levels of commitment.

Yeah they all look challenging, but this one in particular looks brutally painful. I’ve been meaning to pick up the N’Sane trilogy one of these days as it’s one of the last popular 3D platformers I haven’t played yet. I usually try to play series in order of release anyways, but in this case I’d also need the training and experience if I was ever going to think about even attempting this one. I would not want to jump in at this point as I’m not sure if I’d even like the gameplay or not yet.

Btw, NickAR has some awesome platinum journey videos for both Crash 4 and Super Meat Boy. ?

I will add Crash 4 to my library but don't plan to play it. I doubt I could even get the platinum for it. Still haven't gotten them for the Insane Trilogy. 

Man of Medan is good from when I played it but becomes very repetitive and the fact that you can't skip the conversions feels like pulling teeth at times. Probably why I didn't finish trying to go for the platinum.

Don't know anything about the last game but will add it to my library regardless.