Why are people playing this?

12 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I understand there is some value in getting every trophy you can, even if you can't plat a game; yet I'm wondering even though this game is free now, if you can't get the Head Turner trophy why are so many people playing it?

Because of the fun they have while playing.

I know, that sounds crazy.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I understand there is some value in getting every trophy you can, even if you can't plat a game; yet I'm wondering even though this game is free now, if you can't get the Head Turner trophy why are so many people playing it?

What a strange post

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

What a strange post

I think what the OP is asking is why is suddenly everyone playing this *right now* as it is suddenly in the top three spots on the popular games list. I was wondering the same thing but I guess the F2P update just made everyone want to chase that plat one more time. ?

Edited by jh7459
Edit

Well I'm someone who generally goes for completion, so yeah it does bother me a bit that the platinum is unobtainable (atm). That being said, I'm playing it for several reasons:

- I played the old version on ps4 and had a BLAST. I find it quite enjoyable and with cross platform I can play with my bf who plays it on PC. I wanted to play with those cute jelly beans again. 

- eventually maybe one day the trophies will be fixed.

- even if they are never fixed, who's to say I would ever unlock this platinum anyways? It takes some skill to get 5 wins in a row even with boosting with a bunch of people. It's rather conceited to think that broken trophies are the main reason I wouldn't get 100%. 

- main reason is simply that it's fun and I want a game that I can just play between trophy hunting my other games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I've been on psnp for 10 years nearly and in all that time this might be one of the most bizarre and dumb threads I've ever seen.

Wow...I feel so burned!!

I should have probably expanded off my initial question.  

I'm amazed that Fall Guys is currently the top played game right now on multiple systems, considering that it cannot be platinumed amidst a forum with a majority of users who are damn near paranoid about not being able to get a platinum or 100 % completion off a game.

That is more clear, so maybe more of a statement then a question.

9 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Well I'm someone who generally goes for completion, so yeah it does bother me a bit that the platinum is unobtainable (atm). That being said, I'm playing it for several reasons:

- I played the old version on ps4 and had a BLAST. I find it quite enjoyable and with cross platform I can play with my bf who plays it on PC. I wanted to play with those cute jelly beans again. 

- eventually maybe one day the trophies will be fixed.

- even if they are never fixed, who's to say I would ever unlock this platinum anyways? It takes some skill to get 5 wins in a row even with boosting with a bunch of people. It's rather conceited to think that broken trophies are the main reason I wouldn't get 100%. 

- main reason is simply that it's fun and I want a game that I can just play between trophy hunting my other games. 

This is the answer I was looking for, key text in bold, in that your basically using it as a bridge or time waster between trophy hunting.

2 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I'm amazed that Fall Guys is currently the top played game right now on multiple systems, considering that it cannot be platinumed amidst a forum with a majority of users who are damn near paranoid about not being able to get a platinum or 100 % completion off a game.

Nah, I think that's an extremely vocal infinitesimal fraction of the users here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

This is the answer I was looking for, key text in bold, in that your basically using it as a bridge or time waster between trophy hunting.

u deliberately asked a poorly phrased answer because u wanted someone to tell u a specific answer that u had predetermined was what u wanted to hear?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Less baiting please
  • Like 4

Well OP, I've never actually played the game. Seen videos and such, I mean IMO it looks okay? Not something I'd necessarily get jiggy with, but whatevs...

One thing I have noticed tho, this game has spent quite a bit of time on the most played list since it was released. It seemed like every time a new season had launched, people were jumping back on it! 

Maybe it could be people who already have the one trophy in question done and are just working on the rest or something? I don't know the details so I could be wrong here... Or maybe they are like me and JDGAF about comp% :pimp:

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Nah, I think that's an extremely vocal infinitesimal fraction of the users here.

Really, because as I look around the site at games, and then glance at the forums I see it everywhere.  Like can I still get 100%, is platinum still possible?  I'm like Jesus Christ, so I'm amazed now that people are literally playing this over the new Turtles game that just came out, Elden Ring, etc.  

Apparently the game is really fun maybe and I missed the boat, I thought it looked wacky, kind of stupid, and I heard people complain of the difficulty nor did I have a PS4 at the time.

3 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

u deliberately asked a poorly phrased answer because u wanted someone to tell u a specific answer that u had predetermined was what u wanted to hear? I hope you're a chick.... 

No, it wasn't what I wanted to hear, more like some type of rationale that made sense.  Rather than I don't know what I'm talking about or how dare I ask the question.  

I have the platinum for Payday, I play it to waste time in between trophy hunting, and because it's fun.  I get the point, yet surprising to me that on a trophy hunters website again...with so many people focused on full completion, that so many are playing a game that at least currently, can't complete.

3 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I get the point, yet surprising to me that on a trophy hunters website again...with so many people focused on full completion, that so many are playing a game that at least currently, can't complete.

completionists (people who have 90% or higher completion rate) are actually a VERY small subset of the trophy hunting community