Why are people playing this?

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

u deliberately asked a poorly phrased answer because u wanted someone to tell u a specific answer that u had predetermined was what u wanted to hear?

To quote this again, I didn't have a preconcieved notion, I had various thoughts or reasonings.  Another one was...does someone have the inside track?  Meaning do we know that the 1 lone trophy that is not working is going to be fixed?  Because if we know that, or someone knows that, it would explain why its been picked up so much and clearly I should be considering playing it then to.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

35 minutes ago, jh7459 said:

I think what the OP is asking is why is suddenly everyone playing this *right now* as it is suddenly in the top three spots on the popular games list. I was wondering the same thing but I guess the F2P update just made everyone want to chase that plat one more time. 1f601.png

He kinda answered his own question with it being f2p.

Dont think the glitched trophy the op mentioned would would put people off unless it was a missable.

Personally im moving over to the ps5 version as soon as the autopop is fixed so i can play it for fun. If it never does i will probs download it anyway and just get as many trophies as i can and if i get the infallible trophy then bonus 

15 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Really, because as I look around the site at games, and then glance at the forums I see it everywhere.  Like can I still get 100%, is platinum still possible?  

I’m pretty sure most of those threads are started by the same small minority of extreme atelophobics - that’s a tiny minority of the forum users, who are in turn a tiny minority of this site’s members, (who are in turn a tiny minority of PSN users.)

A barely perceptible fraction, with no influence on the majority of users, who just like using the site to look at their profile statistics, and only care about whether a game is fun.

• Like 3

I do want to clear a couple of things up:

• Regarding the game's difficulty, Fall Guys is only nearly impossible to Platinum if you don't take advantage of very specific limited-time events. For example: Golden Goal Challenge all but guarantees you the Low Baller and Down to the Wire trophies; Tip Toe Tournament is the easiest way to farm Ahead of the Pack, Quite Dashing, and Track Star; and Sweet Thieves makes Victory!, Top Tier, and Golden Guy a cakewalk.
  • Regarding Head Turner in particular, that trophy may not be as unobtainable as I believed. We're discussing it in this topic.
  • As for why people are picking up the game despite the trophy list... it's a free-to-play game. It can be really fun if you're not aiming for the trophies. I'm a host in a boosting group on Discord where we boost Fall Guys every weekend (we've been holding off for the last month due to the upcoming free-to-play update--we're getting back to running these sessions again now that it's out), and another session host mentioned that Fall Guys was not fun until they earned the Platinum because they could actually play the game for fun. I didn't believe them... then I earned the Platinum and felt the same shift. For me, it's a fun game I pick up every now and then. It helps that the PS5 version is super small compared to the PS4 version and other games, only <4 GB. Plus, a lot of people will play a game regardless of the trophy lists. Those people are not always the audience on this website in particular, but that's the case for a lot of gamers. Many just don't care about achievements and want to play a fun game.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

I understand there is some value in getting every trophy you can, even if you can't plat a game; yet I'm wondering even though this game is free now, if you can't get the Head Turner trophy why are so many people playing it?

absolute animals, playing a game, for fun ?

i play many games i might never platinum. Who cares 

if i REALLY want a plat, i plan it out so i do online ASAP, and Then i Can always do offline later. 

47 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Really, because as I look around the site at games, and then glance at the forums I see it everywhere.  Like can I still get 100%, is platinum still possible?  I'm like Jesus Christ, so I'm amazed now that people are literally playing this over the new Turtles game that just came out, Elden Ring, etc.  

If you assume active forum users = majority of site users, thats where your mistake is. 

Yes, if you only look at forum posts, you might get the impression that most users here are completionists that wont touch a game without an obtainable plat, or without a plat at all, hard games, games with MP trophies etc. 

But there are 5.4 Million tracked users on this site who all contribute to the stats, ie most played Games, rarity and so on. How many active forum users are there? A few hundred? Thousands? 

So, first, you cant extrapolate from the forum to the whole user base, and second, you wont even get a representative answer because over 5 millions of the tracked users probably dont even read the forums here... 

47 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Edited by gernboes
Double post
  • Like 3