Gaming for the Animals [EVENT HAS CONCLUDED]

7 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I didn't really like it so much, it was around 3 hours of story and 20 hours grind....or at least that's the way it felt

that's a pity - always a risk with that kind of farming / RPG game I suppose. 

Still - one for the Animals at least!

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

that's a pity - always a risk with that kind of farming / RPG game I suppose. 

Still - one for the Animals at least!

I think it didn't help that I played three relatively similar games so close together (Wytchwood, Summer in Mara and Kitaria) 

I was expecting it to be a little more like Cat Quest 1 and 2, which I adored

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 3:41 PM, nashoyo68 said:

Game #2 Complete Ape Escape

Fastest Completion: 2 hours 18 Minutes

50th Fastest: 5 Hours 54 Minutes

Vote #2 remains green turtle.

Looks like my 2nd post fell under the radar.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Third game done: Omensight. In a world full of anthropomorphic animals, you play as a godly avatar that teams up with an eagle, cat, rat or bear to solve the murder of an owl and prevent the end of the world through some sort of serpent god/higher being.

As a big fan of the manga Killing Bites, my third vote goes to one of natures most fearful animals: the Honey Badger.

cart-honey-badger-photo.jpgwallpaper-killing-bites-12-sumita-kazasa

Such a classic.

• Like 3

So how are we handling newly released games? I just platted the new game Escape Academy on PS4 and PS5. It has a level featuring Turmeric the Rat the class pet which is needed to finish a puzzle and has a cool big poster. Can I count it? Can I count it twice? It wasn't an autopop, however it was faster the second time because I knew all the puzzle solutions that time.

Any votes allowed to the Great White please

13 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

So how are we handling newly released games? I just platted the new game Escape Academy on PS4 and PS5. It has a level featuring Turmeric the Rat the class pet which is needed to finish a puzzle and has a cool big poster. Can I count it? Can I count it twice? It wasn't an autopop, however it was faster the second time because I knew all the puzzle solutions that time.

Any votes allowed to the Great White please

Let's go ahead and give it a week, so we can kind of see where it falls after more people complete it :)

Aw, it's a shame I only saw this now, because this is an event I would absolutely love to participate in <3 If you'll still allow me in even now, I think I'd be tackling Spirit of the North first, which I've been wanting to play soon anyhow. A fox as the main character should definitely count, right? :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

EDIT: I want to ask a question for this rule

Humans that have animal traits in general? Humanoid animals?

Does this work for Chewbacca? I did plan on returning to the Lega Star Wars games but wondered if could work for the event.

Also does Kena: Bridge of Spirits have any animals that would work for this event? got it a while ago and thought about playing soon.

I think Chewey works! I don't see why we should disclude him :D

12 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

Also does Kena: Bridge of Spirits have any animals that would work for this event? got it a while ago and thought about playing soon.

I just played it last month, I'd say your Rot buddies should qualify.

4 hours ago, Dzware said:

I finished Team Sonic Racing last week, and would like to use this game to vote for the tarantula. I don't get why people think they're scary, I actually think they're cute lol. Also they're surprisingly soft when holding them!

Phobias are a hell of a thing, there are phobias for all kinds of things, Spiders included, perhaps it would help if say most fantasy game didn't have them as giant killers, enemies all over the place and creepy as shit. However I respect that people like Spiders just many are scared of them, for me it's a factor of things, the many eyes, the giant fangs, the way they move and of course thier legs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvanticore said:

Phobias are a hell of a thing,

This is the truth, I’m not scared of spiders, but I am absolutely terrified of snails. People find them cute or gross at the worst, but I struggle to walk on a path with them and I’ve actually had panic attacks when I’ve found one I wasn’t expecting. I wish I wasn’t scared of them, but like you say phobias are a hell of a thing

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

the skateboarding felt really out of place and some parts I really did not like at all, had a lot more fun with Spyro 1 and 2, also the Plantinum not needing 100% felt odd but least it's done now.

Hey, I am glad it didn't need 100% or I would have never platinumed it because (bleep) the skateboarding challenges. X(

I have Nexomon: Extinction on the docket, as well as Legend of the Skyfish. (No, that's not going to work, the Skyfish is the main villain, so it doesn't count even though he flees when you beat him. Eh, whatever.) If I get my butt out of my mouth and away from my 3DS, I might actually work on these games. xD

• Like 1