Gaming for the Animals [EVENT HAS CONCLUDED]

3 minutes ago, MissShake said:

I think that seems a bit more like set dressing? I'd have to see it in action, but for now I'd say maybe skip on Ghostwire Tokyo. Stray is gonna be a great choice for that though :D

That's fine! I'll probably just keep it at Stray then. I can't think of any other games that would qualify, unless I pick up Sonic Origins to play as a famous hedgehog.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tenzai1980 said:

Hi there,

i like to join this event. I love animals and i am playing Jak and Daxter right now so it´s perfect 1f601.png

Awesome! Just a reminder that only the first one will count for this event because its fastest plat time is above an hour and thirty minutes. Not sure if you were planning to play 2 and 3 as well, but just in case :)

8 hours ago, MissShake said:

Awesome! Just a reminder that only the first one will count for this event because its fastest plat time is above an hour and thirty minutes. Not sure if you were planning to play 2 and 3 as well, but just in case :)

Okay ? does Tales of Arise count? You have to find Owls and they give you rewards so i think it should be okay ?

7 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

Can I assume Bayonetta is alright for this? She has her "Beast Within" techniques which allow her to transform into a jaguar, crow, and swarm of bats? If it's all good I'll add it along with F.I.S.T :)

I hadn't thought about animal transformations, but yeah I don't see why not!

Anyway, my badge creator (my sister) has already given me the final draft on the badge for this event and all I'm gonna say is if you like pandas, snakes, and bees... ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MissShake said:

I hadn't thought about animal transformations, but yeah I don't see why not!

That answers the question I was about to ask which was to do with the Shantae games, she is a geneie who can turn into different animals, Monkey,Elephant and some others.

Hello… wasn’t too sure about joining another event, as I kind of have a lot of games lined up to play…

…but had a look through, and a surprising number of them are animal-starring or animal centric, so what the hell! :dunno:

Will certainly be doing Stray when it comes, but I also have:

Chicory (play as a dog)
A Short Hike (play as a pigeon)

Untitled Goose Game (need I say? ?)

The Pathless (bird companion)

Backbone (all animals!)

Chicken Police (more all animals!)

Night in the Wood (oh God, the all animals of it!)

doubt I’ll get to all of them in the time, but I’d hope at least some, if not most, qualify!

• Like 2

Important update, please read!

Hi everyone! We are close to the start of this event, and it seems like we still have some people that are unsure if their games will be allowed. Here is a list of games that I have been specifically asked about that I have given the okay to, if you still need examples of what does and doesn't work:

Naruto games (animal summons)

The Last Guardian

Nick All-Star Brawl (Sandy is a squirrel, Patrick is a starfish, Catdog is a cat AND a dog)

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (Sandy is a squirrel, Patrick is a starfish)

Harvest Moon games (you can have cows, chickens, etc on your farm)

Ape Escape (this one does have them as enemies but since the apes are a main focus of the game and they become friendly afterwards I'm letting it slide)

Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket is a raccoon)

Bayonetta (you can transform into animals)

Other than that I admit I am also thinking about allowing the Spiderman games despite saying otherwise before. Maybe spiders aren't the main focus but they are the reason Spiderman can do amazing things, so this sort of makes them very plot relevant. I would love feedback for this particular point!

All that being said, this event starts the 4th of July in your own timezone! The moment that you hit July 4th you may start claiming games! I hope everyone has been thinking about what animals they want to vote for ;)

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 4

Alright guys, after some soul searching I'm here to make one last change to what is allowed for this event...

If a main character has the name of an animal in their name and showcases some sort of traits that match with said animal the game is allowed! I will also allow animal/human hybrids!  

Examples for the first point include Lizardman from Soul Calibur and Spiderman. For the second point I'm thinking characters like Felicia from Darkstalkers.

The honest truth, however, is that I don't want to be a picky person. Use your best judgement! I can be convinced on games, but I am really only going to say this: as long as the animal is not set dressing I can probably be convinced that it counts! I'm excited to see what everyone plays and what everyone votes for!

• Like 2

Wanted to ask about two games that i'm not sure if they qualify 

The quarry (it's a 'creature feature horror movie game, don't want to say more for spoiler reasons)

Battlefield 1 you play as a pigeon in a level but I don't know if that's enough to count.

1 minute ago, insainraven said:

Wanted to ask about two games that i'm not sure if they qualify 

The quarry (it's a 'creature feature horror movie game, don't want to say more for spoiler reasons)

Battlefield 1 you play as a pigeon in a level but I don't know if that's enough to count.

I'll need more info on The Quarry, and how long do you play as the pigeon in the level?

42 minutes ago, MissShake said:

I'll need more info on The Quarry, and how long do you play as the pigeon in the level?

Spoiler

It's werewolves on the the quarry fantasy animal, your hunted and theres a trophy for turning everyone into 

and for battlefield it's roughly five minutes out of what could be a 6 hr campaign

Edited by insainraven

Just now, insainraven said:

It's werewolves on the the quarry fantasy animal, your hunted and theres a trophy for turning everyone into 

and for battlefield it's roughly five minutes out of what could be a 6 hr campaign

I'm gonna say no on Battlefield. As for The Quarry, how long is this segment? Is the animal important or just set dressing?

34 minutes ago, MissShake said:

I'm gonna say no on Battlefield. As for The Quarry, how long is this segment? Is the animal important or just set dressing?

Spoiler

It's the entire game, the man source of drama and scares. and you need to do a minimum of 3 playthroughs to get the platinum. I'm on playthrough 6.

Edited by insainraven

36 minutes ago, insainraven said:
Spoiler

It's the entire game, the man source of drama and scares. and you need to do a minimum of 3 playthroughs to get the platinum. I'm on playthrough 6.

Spoiler

Is the werewolf ONLY an enemy? I'm just not sure if they're like being killed throughout the game or something. My original answer for that was "No, unless they become friendly afterwards and are prominent throughout the game" so I think I'm just confused if you actually play as the werewolf or not. Is it mostly a thing where humans kill the animals? Are they animals that become friendly? (I'm guessing not cuz horror game.) Sorry, I just don't currently see where it would fit into the event with the info I've been given D:

Edited by MissShake

9 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Hide contents

Is the werewolf ONLY an enemy? I'm just not sure if they're like being killed throughout the game or something. My original answer for that was "No, unless they become friendly afterwards and are prominent throughout the game" so I think I'm just confused if you actually play as the werewolf or not. Is it mostly a thing where humans kill the animals? Are they animals that become friendly? (I'm guessing not cuz horror game.) Sorry, I just don't currently see where it would fit into the event with the info I've been given D:

Spoiler

( I know and im sorry im trying to keep it vague ish to keep spoiller details to a mininmum you might want to play it too ya know?) there are options to save them, to spare them and chapters were you're working together to stop further infection, There's another enemy type that has no animalistic qualities at all and options to sacrifice yourself in order to not hurt a werewolf. It's a game purely based off your choice on pretty much everything.

7 minutes ago, insainraven said:
  Hide contents

( I know and im sorry im trying to keep it vague ish to keep spoiller details to a mininmum you might want to play it too ya know?) there are options to save them, to spare them and chapters were you're working together to stop further infection, There's another enemy type that has no animalistic qualities at all and options to sacrifice yourself in order to not hurt a werewolf. It's a game purely based off your choice on pretty much everything.

Spoiler

That's what I signed up for as an event runner, so tbh I'd rather you not beat around the bush and just tell me what makes the game relevant to the rules. Are you working together with other humans or the animals themselves? Are you saving the werewolves? Is this like the ultimate goal? I'm sorry, I'm still just not seeing where it fits in.

I played Until Dawn so if the set up in the narrative is like that I would say it does not count, especially because the best ending requires you to kill the fictional animal.

Edited by MissShake

3 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Hide contents

That's what I signed up for as an event runner, so tbh I'd rather you not beat around the bush and just tell me what makes the game relevant to the rules. Are you working together with other humans or the animals themselves? Are you saving the werewolves? Is this like the ultimate goal? I'm sorry, I'm still just not seeing where it fits in.

Spoiler

The main goal is just to make it out alive mostly as other humans, you can save the werewolves but they are the primary threat  for the majority of the game. You can save everyone by turning everyone into a werewolf and just attack the Hunters that are in the game.

It could easily be that the game just doesn't fit That's why I'm asking, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make my question frustrating?

2 minutes ago, insainraven said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The main goal is just to make it out alive mostly as other humans, you can save the werewolves but they are the primary threat  for the majority of the game. You can save everyone by turning everyone into a werewolf and just attack the Hunters that are in the game.

It could easily be that the game just doesn't fit That's why I'm asking, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make my question frustrating1f605.png

You don't have to apologize for that! I know I asked a lot of questions here, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was grilling ya! Your spoiler tag got broken on my end, by the way, so if you wanna share what you said in DMs that'd be helpful :)

EDIT: Okay NOW it works, I'll say for now just to be safe that The Quarry won't really work for this. I'm sorry to disappoint with your game choices :(

Edited by MissShake

Hi! Since I'll be going for Stray I might as well join you here. This is a great cause, thank you for the event.

Since I'm actually playing Catherine: Full Body (and hopefully can complete it in time) I was wondering if it would fit too ? There are sheep, but they are not real sheep. Seems like you played it so I guess I won't have to detail much more for this one ?. Thank you again for doing this!

Have fun everyone!

Edited by Flitterbloom
plural mistake

4 minutes ago, Flitterbloom said:

Hi! Since I'll be going for Stray I might as well join you here. This is a great cause, thank you for the event.

Since I'm actually playing Catherine: Full Body (and hopefully can complete it in time) I was wondering if it would fit too ? There are sheeps, but they are not real sheeps. Seems like you played it so I guess I won't have to detail much more for this one 1f601.png. Thank you again for doing this!

Have fun everyone!

I'll say yes since in a sense you do have to save the sheep! :D

• Like 2

I'm so glad Spiderman counts! I was really racking my brain (backlog) to find a game.

What's your thoughts on fighting games with an animal fighter? Like Tekken, Persona 4 Arena, or King of Fighters? Panda, Kuma, Roger, Ken (with Koromaru), aren't an important part of the story, but are still playable characters. I think KoF has animal fighters too (I know XV has a dinosaur and another one has a panda maybe?). 

48 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm so glad Spiderman counts! I was really racking my brain (backlog) to find a game.

What's your thoughts on fighting games with an animal fighter? Like Tekken, Persona 4 Arena, or King of Fighters? Panda, Kuma, Roger, Ken (with Koromaru), aren't an important part of the story, but are still playable characters. I think KoF has animal fighters too (I know XV has a dinosaur and another one has a panda maybe?). 

All those are fine! They're prominent enough that it works for me :D