I'm surprise how this game can be so critically acclaimed yet it's so bad.

FlyinSpaghetti69

5 hours ago, FlyinSpaghetti69 said:

[Rent Alert]

Mostly talking of the controls, it's probably one of the worst FPS I played. 

As a completionist it's very hard to let go the bad details. 

Artyom feels like a 4 tons trucks, sensitivity is way too slow. Looting is painful, you have to wiggle left and right everything. The aim assist is really weird. Aiming feels bland..

I was really expecting a flawless game but honestly if I had a material copy of the game I would throw it.

I always took the jankiness of the metro games as intentional your not working with good weapons your playing with broken cobbeled together haphazard equipment so I felt it's bad qualities was intentional to show how bad it was and put in some emersion 

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Metro Exodus was pretty much average in my opinion tbh. My greatest disappointment was that they didn't really return to the Metro after the intro chapter and the fact they didn't have Khan unless you got the Bad Ending. I would have loved to see the locations in previous Metro games brought to life in Exodus, especially Exhibition and Red Square.

They kinda ruined the entire danger and mystique of the Above Surface levels, but they kinda explained it away in-story, and frankly, the entire plot with the Yamantau Bunker had Miller holding onto that idiot ball rather tightly until it nearly got everyone killed. I didn't really have problems with the gameplay components, I just didn't think that the story of Exodus was really that great.

I really hope that the devs step up their game in terms of storywriting for the sequel.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I agree…

and what’s more, I’m amazed that Uncharted is given such critical acclaim - it’s the worst City Builder I’ve ever played!

Also, God of War - why do the critics like it so much? I’ve never played a worse Dating Sim in all my life!

I've never played it - but when I google it, it says, it's a FPS. So kindly explain why it is so absurd that OP calls the game FPS. Again, I've never played it.

Edited by FloTorshavn

I remember the first two Metros having two different playstyle difficulties and the Survivour playstyle was much, much more enjoyable. 

If you are looking for a CoD-like, Wolfenstein, Titanfall FPS experience, you wont find it in the Metro series. It has other qualities in which it really shines, atmosphere being probably the biggest one.

The janky feel people are speaking of without a doubt, is intentional.  I think they are trying to give it that extra layer of feeling a bit helpless and that all around survival type of feel that many survival style game seem to incorporate in their gameplay..  All 3 Metro games also feel exactly the same in that regard and the newer generation game, Metro Exodus, didn't change anything.  Clearly they could have improved this if it was what they sought to do.  i've played all 3 and tbh they give me the yawns a bit.  I like the atmosphere of the games but I do get a little bored at the gameplay. Exodus was the end game for me, won't be continuing on with the series from there, don't think it's awful just not something I'm thrilled to play more of.  I only played the 2nd installment to finish the series and when 3 came out several years after I played it to finish the series again.  It's not for every one.

I'm not a big fan of the Metro games either, I forced myself to play them because of all the acclaim and they'd seem like games I'd like but after slogging through them all, I feel no inclination to ever touch these games again. With that said, Exodus was easily the one I enjoyed the most.

On 6/28/2022 at 0:55 AM, KimBongUn420 said:

Metro Exodus is not an FPS, and if you try to play it like one you'll end up 1) dead a lot and 2) super frustrated.  

You play in the first person and the vast majority of the gameplay involves you shooting guns in the first person, how does it NOT qualify as a first-person shooter?

Albeit, a different style of FPS but that doesn't change the fact it's still a FPS. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You play in the first person and the vast majority of the gameplay involves you shooting guns in the first person, how does it NOT qualify as a first-person shooter?

That’s true of Fallout 3 and Bioshock and Deus Ex as well, but I wouldn’t call them FPS’s either.

Personally, in terms of genre, I’ve always thought of the Metro franchise as more an action RPG / Immersive Sim hybrid than as First Person Shooters.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That’s true of Fallout 3 and Bioshock and Deus Ex as well, but I wouldn’t call them FPS’s either.

Personally, in terms of genre, I’ve always thought of the Metro franchise as more an action RPG / Immersive Sim hybrid than as First Person Shooters.

Depends on player style and how you played the games I suppose.

When I played Metro, it felt like an FPS so I played it like one and for the most part, it doesn't punish you for brute forcing your way through it (at least on normal difficulty) which is kind of the MO for FPS's. As I stated before, I didn't enjoy the games at all so hence my brute forcing them. 

Whereas a game like Deus Ex, it doesn't really give you an option, if you don't play it stealthily the game will punish you for it so for a game like that, I'd feel more inclined to not label it an FPS and say it's more a stealth action RPG. Same with Fallout, I'd say that's an RPG predominately over its FPS elements, Bioshock? Yeah, that's an FPS all day long in my book with loose RPG elements. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Depends on player style and how you played the games I suppose.

When I played Metro, it felt like an FPS so I played it like one and for the most part, it doesn't punish you for brute forcing your way through it (at least on normal difficulty) which is kind of the MO for FPS's. As I stated before, I didn't enjoy the games at all so hence my brute forcing them. 

Whereas a game like Deus Ex, it doesn't really give you an option, if you don't play it stealthily the game will punish you for it so for a game like that, I'd feel more inclined to not label it an FPS and say it's more a stealth action RPG. Same with Fallout, I'd say that's an RPG predominately over its FPS elements, Bioshock? Yeah, that's an FPS all day long in my book with loose RPG elements. 

Fair - though I guess in Bioshock’s case, I consider it more in the Immersive Sim genre - alongside Deus Ex and Prey and Dishonoured and those kind of games, since technically, you can get through that game with nothing much more than a wrench and a freeze tonic ?

To me, if you have the option of dealing with situations without shooting, and can stealth or lockpick or talk or do some clever environmental hacking or manipulation to avoid shooting, then I tend to see the FPS in it to be an element, but not the genre, if that makes sense?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

This is why game genres don't make sense. A lot of them operate on different sets of parameters. 

A game where you play in a first person view and mainly spend time shooting enemies is an FPS by definition.

A game where you create a character, develop a set of skills you chose, and make story choices is by definition an RPG.

So what does it mean for games like Fallout 3-4 and Starfield? Which of those genres are they? The answer is both, they fit the criteria. One genre describes the camera view and the fighting method. The other describes the freedom to choose your character and story path. They don't negate each other.

You can add "Open-world" into the mix as well. Don't get me started on how (almost) any FPS or platformer is technically an "Action" game ?.

But it gets more convoluted when you add "Immersive sim", "Survival" and stuff like that.

In case with Metro: Exodus, calling it an FPS is correct. Action-Adventure is also correct. Open World Survival is also correct. 

Spending time to determine which of these words should be first in the game's description is pointless, IMO.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Slava said:

Spending time to determine which of these words should be first in the game's description is pointless, IMO.

It's the same with debating music genres.

Many people will have totally different definitions of what constitutes as rock or metal or any of its bajillion subgenres where many are just derivatives of each other and don't need to exist at all. Made-up genres essentially that unnecessarily convolutes the whole thing and people will argue with you all day which subgenre a certain band falls under like it's a matter of life and death that they prove you wrong. It is pointless because everybody holds a different definition and genres mean different things to different people. 

As a debate among other people it is pointless but as an individual, it's not so pointless as how you personally categorize things can help you discover similar things that fall under the same category that you may also enjoy and that's all that really matters. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, FlyinSpaghetti69 said:

[Rent Alert]

I was really expecting a flawless game but honestly if I had a material copy of the game I would throw it.

This sentence sums up your problem. There is no such thing as a flawless game. Not sure where u got that idea or y u would even have a thought like that with the quality of games that's been released in the past 5-10yrs.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2022 at 7:35 PM, MsVelvet said:

This sentence sums up your problem. There is no such thing as a flawless game. Not sure where u got that idea or y u would even have a thought like that with the quality of games that's been released in the past 5-10yrs.

^This.

It obviously never could be flawless.

I can live with the jankiness and the occasional bug or graphical glitch, because the atmosphere is great, but this game takes it to the next level with bugs and glitches, even 3 years later. Sprinkle that with absolutely atrocious loading times in especially the dlcs and you will have a frustrating time playing this game.

exodus is an amazing game IMO. 

you're wearing a backpack, which has simulated physics on your body throughout the game, but remember if your choosing the biggest stocks and weapon attachments because you think it must automatically be better it's most likely the culprit as stability gained through the attachments greatly reduces your ability to flick the aim, I do happen to agree with the sensitivity criticisms though. 

the trophy bugs in the sam dlc were annoying as fuck aswel, for me though the story was perfect, graphics and everything flawless.. but the ps5 version needed more polish, as a result of this the game did not take into account the higher ride height of PS5 analogue sticks, so therefore the aiming is slower then it should be.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84