June Update makes the platinum easier and shorter

FallenKingdom

FYI: The June update significantly buffed the bots for solo offline play. The plat, in my opinion, is now a 5/10 at most. The hours needed to complete the platinum can be done in about 30 hrs.

The best way to accumulate the 53,600 zombie (Ridden kills) can be found here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbDKwaY6tY

Any deck can be used for offline nightmare; I even used an out-of-date melee deck and it worked fine.

From the developer Reddit post :

"Bot Updates

-Bot loadouts are now adjusted based on what part of the Act they are in.

-Additional Bot AI improvements made, including no longer continuously jumping after mantling.

-Made minor adjustments to bot cards and extended the bot deck to 66 cards from 50.

-Bots now give all the copper in their inventory to player Cleaners at the start of every Chapter, including after a team wipe.

-Adjusted strafing speed and sprint cost for bots so they can better keep up with other Cleaners.

-Max health percentage for bots to heal increased to 85% for teammates."

Happy hunting and I hope this helps!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

That's crazy. Any recommendations on card loadout?

Personally only did Nightmare solo but figured I'd chime in anyway; the advantage to playing solo is that you don't have to worry about your teammates being incompetent, and you get a bunch of buffs from the bots because they have tons of team buff cards. E.g. you're unlikely to have more than 20% overheal capacity with randoms, but with bots you have at least 60%, and potentially more if you use an overheal card or if Sharice is on your team. I would say it's probably easier to go through Nightmare solo than with randoms. God knows I can barely even go through veteran with them.

Melee is probably the easiest method of rushing through Nightmare and doesn't require too much skill, especially now that you receive all your cards at once so you don't have to deal with the depressingly long time it used to take for a melee build to become viable. With a proper melee build you can plow through hordes with fantastic stamina upkeep and can even melee tallboys into submission once you get a higher rarity baseball bat. 

But the thing with solo Nightmare is you're essentially the protagonist and your bots are more like support characters, so you ultimately have to be able to do everything yourself. Grenade damage is important for bursting down bosses, and you want to purchase support & offensive item upgrades as soon as possible, which means you need at least one economy card (copper scavenger is the most reliable, and you can pair it with money grubbers if you can spare the slot). You're gonna want healing, obviously, a fair amount of damage output, and high move speed. Bots will teleport to keep up with you unless they're pinned, and being able to outrun ridden is just a good thing in general. If you can fit it in, use speed is highly useful, particularly on maps that require a lot of manual interaction (e.g. the Howitzer level), and it applies to revive speed as well. You always want to have a lockpick to open safe rooms. That free med cabinet heal is a literal life saver, and if you have a lockpick to spare you can use it on med cabinets to get an extra free heal. Additionally, ridden hives, while seemingly an unnecessary risk, can help get you better gear and stockpile copper to buy upgrades with.

I finally ended up going for a jack of all trades, high accuracy with no ADS build made up of the following cards: Glass Cannon - EMT Bag - Silver Bullets - Copper Scavenger - Hyper-Focused - Improvised Explosives - Fanny Pack - Run Like Hell - Grenade Pouch - Numb - Motorcycle Helmet - Quick Kill - Mag Coupler - Well Rested - Pumped Up with Holly, although I've also played it with Sharice. My focus was rushing through levels and relying on having constant overheal - temporary health blocks trauma damage, and so it's invaluable. Once you get a decent rarity weapon with an accuracy mod with this build you'll have pinpoint accuracy even while moving, and Mag Coupler and Motorcycle Helmet are both very strong cards if you can build around the lack of ADS.

Edit: The Back 4 Blood Trello now lists bots not using lockpicks to open safe rooms as something to be changed, so once that is changed you won't need to hold onto lockpicks as religiously (although they're still very useful.)

Edited by Darling Baphomet
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, joaomsousa said:

Can you win trophies in offline? I remember I got a message saying they are disabled.

Yes you can get trophies playing offline.

I would recommend doing nightmare offline if you don’t have a team with really good players. The bot are effective but be careful with friendly fire because they love standing close and often walk in front of you.

5 hours ago, schwarzparker1 said:

I got told you cant autopop from ps4 to 5 or opposite if you earn trophies offline can anyone confirm this? 

That is incorrect, I've done many of the trophies in the offline mode on my PS5 and then I start up my PS4 and autopop them a few minutes later.

I usually buy something on the supply lines to make sure my profile gets saved but I don't think that matters. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 3:38 AM, TheSlyGCooper said:

That's crazy. Any recommendations on card loadout?

I went with a Hoffman pryo/accessory build. Gave me the ability to max out temp health with a single Molotov, provided enough damage to kill ogres in 4 grenades once upgraded, spam razor wire for last stands/T5 etc. Completely self sustaining.

I've also run through with a melee build, but found it less reliable for bosses and exploder head corruption cards.

Edited by VigilantCrow

I used a Melee build for Nightmare solo. The bots actually bring the team cards you need for the Melee build, and because the bots don't take any trauma damage you can fully heal every bot just by killing ridden with your melee weapon. I even unlocked all the Zwat outfits using this melee build. You can do this with real players but your entire team must bring "Well Fed" and "Fit as a Fiddle".

For Act 4 you need to bring a Heavy LMG build. This isn't really difficult at all once you bring a Damage build.

Edited by gamercris066

On 09/06/22 at 3:44 AM, schwarzparker1 said:

I got told you cant autopop from ps4 to 5 or opposite if you earn trophies offline can anyone confirm this? 

You can auto pop any trophy you already earned even if you played offline. Just answer yes to the question when you are switching versions then you will auto pop the main game and any DLC trophy you unlocked.

how you can do this? 

You can auto pop any trophy you already earned even if you played offline. Just answer yes to the question when you are switching versions then you will auto pop the main game and any DLC trophy you unlocked.

when i switch offline trophies PS4 to ps5 there is not a message asking me yes or no i push offline and see 0 progress everywhere in stats all are 0

On 08/09/2022 at 5:45 PM, gamercris066 said:

I used a Melee build for Nightmare solo. The bots actually bring the team cards you need for the Melee build, and because the bots don't take any trauma damage you can fully heal every bot just by killing ridden with your melee weapon. I even unlocked all the Zwat outfits using this melee build. You can do this with real players but your entire team must bring "Well Fed" and "Fit as a Fiddle".

For Act 4 you need to bring a Heavy LMG build. This isn't really difficult at all once you bring a Damage build.

Can you share the melee deck you used to do it solo, please? Just unlocked all the cards so gonna start nightmare 

Edited by bethharmon

On 12/09/2022 at 6:11 AM, FallenKingdom said:

Any melee variation build you find can clear nm with bots easily.

Try this one: took 10 mins of google searching. Let me know how it goes.

I used those two decks, made a change or two on each deck and its an absolute breeze! Done Acts 1, 2, 4 solo on nightmare with bots, and I’m at the end of act 3 when I go back to my save. Don’t even need to worry about triggering hordes as they’re no problem to deal with.

I also didn’t even bother using any of the strategies for missions like T5 just go in there and kill everything

Still haven't managed to finish T5 until that day. Tried every melee built i found here, but i always get overwhelmed by the infinite spawns. I really don't know how to manage the mission objective and not get down. I think i have to admit that i blow in this game, lol. So many people did it solo, but this mission is a catastrophe -.-

And i won't pay one more dime for this game as long as i'm stuck.

Edited by DavySuicide

16 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Still haven't managed to finish T5 until that day. Tried every melee built i found here, but i always get overwhelmed by the infinite spawns. I really don't know how to manage the mission objective and not get down. I think i have to admit that i blow in this game, lol. So many people did it solo, but this mission is a catastrophe -.-

And i won't pay one more dime for this game as long as i'm stuck.

From what I remember in my experience on T5 nm was that buying razor wire and putting in the front door and the stairs behind it helps. For the containers, I took them upstairs then dropped them down below from the roof nearest to the truck. You can ignore the Ogre if you find it too troublesome. Other than that, let the bots do the work for you and always keep moving around the house, if you get stuck that is probably why you get overwhelmed.