DnF Duel Trophy Thoughts

FreshFromThaDeli

I was about to say "ooo ,finally a tough Arcsys game list, after the snooze that was BBTAG, GBVS and GGStrive"

4 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Clearing Survival A course is 15 wins. B course is 30 and C course is 100! It can however be cheesed. Upload the save to cloud after every win and keep downloading save to try again without losing progress. You get SFV post patch style enhancements after every round to help you. You also get a continue option every 10 wins. The opponents do get pretty tough in later rounds so it's advisable to not use the in built continue function because your base attack and defence gets reset to neutral.

I will return to DoA5 survival, don't mind me xD 

Still, yeah, it does sound like a "not as easy as expected but still pretty easy" game. As long as the online works :) 

• Like 3

After looking through the trophy list the only difficult trophy looks like clearing all combo trials with a single character. The rest of the list doesn't look too bad if you can exploit the survival trophy. 300 matches is a bit of a grind but when you've done 1000 matches in Dead or Alive 5 vanilla or Super Street Fighter 4's 300 matches seems like a breeze in comparison. Thanks for the heads up Fresh!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

So I can provide some context as I have had the game early for a few days. 

Clearing all combo challenges can be tough if you're not used to it for other fighting games. I used Striker and it was easy but using Inquisitor is a completely different level of difficulty. Shame because I really enjoy playing as her.

Clearing Survival A course is 15 wins. B course is 30 and C course is 100! It can however be cheesed. Upload the save to cloud after every win and keep downloading save to try again without losing progress. You get SFV post patch style enhancements after every round to help you. You also get a continue option every 10 wins. The opponents do get pretty tough in later rounds so it's advisable to not use the in built continue function because your base attack and defence gets reset to neutral.

All stories are easy to complete but you have to skip through walls of text. Turbo is recommended. 

Everything else is not worth mentioning and very easy. 

In the age of easy fighting game Plats, this is not quite as easy and very achievable even for a newcomer. 

Seems like the combos in this game are just done with the single input with one button and so on Is it this easy? nothing I see are crazy to do some combos? I do enjoy my fighting games to be a little more on the advance side by this is ok 

Edited by Titanomachy_75
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

So I can provide some context as I have had the game early for a few days. 

Clearing all combo challenges can be tough if you're not used to it for other fighting games. I used Striker and it was easy but using Inquisitor is a completely different level of difficulty. Shame because I really enjoy playing as her.

All stories are easy to complete but you have to skip through walls of text. Turbo is recommended. 

Everything else is not worth mentioning and very easy. 

In the age of easy fighting game Plats, this is not quite as easy and very achievable even for a newcomer. 

Thanks so much for the info dude! I haven't been this excited for a fighting game since Fantasy Versus (which I need 1 more trophy for the plat) so I plan on getting the platinum :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

Remember when you had Blazblue, Persona 4 arena, UMVC3, USF4 and KOF13 in same gen. That won't probably ever happen again 

and DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PS3 - Vanilla for survival trophies and VITA version for trials ?

for PS4: only Skullgirls 2nd Encore and Koihime enbu ryorairai

Edited by ScyMantis
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ScyMantis said:

and DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PS3 - Vanilla for survival trophies and VITA version for trials 1f605.png

Right, totally forgot about that. And some mid ones like Battlefantasia and Injustice 

• Like 1

The combos look really easy at first look of them with the inputs and all, but they're very strict on timing/input (you don't have much leeway of error, I usually find these modes in other fighters allow for some leeway so long as you don't break combo/dummy doesn't recover). I wish the trophy unlocked for doing either all challenges or combos because that's how it sounded when it puts the / in there (I've done all challenges with Ranger).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScyMantis said:

and DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PS3 - Vanilla for survival trophies and VITA version for trials 1f605.png

Proud to say I got the plat for both of those DOA’s and Skullgirls 2nd Encore, however Blazblue I tried years ago and just couldn’t figure the game out 

Trophies look on par for a typical fighting game. My main concern I guess is the number of content for this game then the trophies themselves.

I loved DFO and spent a good chunk of my downtime in college playing it with others. So watching the trailer last night for it and seeing a rather basic modern fighter with alot of in-game currency purchasing options didn't set the time right for me with it. Especially at $65 initial launch price here.

With a series like this that was built up as RPG Brawler I would've been more interested if there was something else to grab onto besides 3 different modes that are in every other fighting game, at least one mode that still captures that RPG aspect in some way.

1 hour ago, h4mx0r said:

Any tips for Survival 100?

according to @FreshFromThaDeli if im not mistaken, it appears you can win 1 match, save and quit. upload your save to the cloud. win, save and quit. upload. should you lose at say match 7 or 8, or feel you had a bad run, download save. basically a restart from match 7 or 8.

For average fighting experienced people like me, where i was good with GGS, but not good with DNF, it would take a long time and isnt worth doing for me personally. 

Fresh can correct me if this method is inaccurate.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

Play Launcher keeping distance while spaming ranged attacks and make cloud saves for the higher levels.

so basically... turn off auto upload save data for the game.

go launcher. win (hopefully well), save exit. upload save. play round 2... if you die, download save. if you win. upload save. rinse repeat all 100 rounds...... jesus

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

so basically... turn off auto upload save data for the game.

go launcher. win (hopefully well), save exit. upload save. play round 2... if you die, download save. if you win. upload save. rinse repeat all 100 rounds...... jesus

No need to save in every single round. It starts to get hard about 70+ 

50 minutes ago, Ceridane said:

Someone knows what exactly you need to do for the "training advancement" trophy ? I'm sure its something easy but I can't figure it out.

Save a recording in training mode.

So like, in training mode I think it was L3 or R3, but it lets you take control of the dummy and then record your actions.

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

well, using Launcher and spamming R1 and occasionally X, im slowly making my way through survival. 

the only trophy ive entirely given up on is the combo with 1 char. stuffs too advanced for me to manage.

Yeah I got from 1 to 80 just spamming neutral C (the basic bazooka thing). If they get close, I double tap A which cancels into C

They are significantly more aggressive after 70+, and enchantress got that small hitbox.

I was wondering if someone else had some cheese for Survival 100 besides Launcher spam.