Thoughts on Game?

LegendExeter

So I noticed after the leak for this game for PS Plus next month, soon a trophy list came after that on site, and then I watched some gameplay.

Am I the only that is thinking Fortnite clone?  Looks like Avatar meets Fortnite.

For anyone that has played this game, does it stand out in anyway positive or negative from Fortnite or other PVP shooters?  Opinions on the game so far, fun, shite, MUST PLAY, avoid at all costs???

Nothing like Fortnite at all. More like bordlands. Campaign has you drop in a level and complete goals and fight bosses. Get better guns and skills from leveling up repeat. I've not played pvp. Campaign is solo or coop (bosses are hard solo though).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

One thing i find stupid is when playing PvE if 1 person selects PvP you're kicked out of PvE and into PvP. So those who only want to play PvE can't do so unless they play solo. 

Good for coins tho no? Haven’t paid attention but in the early access you got coins and a loot chest but the loot chest for winning team/person was def removed. 

problem with this game is length of matches in PVE.  It takes quite awhile to finish all 4 bosses and people just quit before getting to the 2nd one most of the time.  If the game could be more realistically finished in 40 minutes or less than it would be better but you're looking at over an hour possibly up to several hours depending on how your group moves.    Having to complete 50 full PVE matches hitting all 4 bosses is too much time.  I myself can't stand going past the 2nd boss i'm sick of it by then.

It's a live service rougelite. Matches take eons to get a boss unlocked most people drop around 30 minutes in basically second boss spawn solo they're unbalanced as hell. The biomes don't really seem to change much and overlap so often it feels like you're in a loop like risk of rain but without the fun abilities or synergy of items that make rougelites fun to play. PvP even with crossplay on and trying at different hours across a day now is absolutely dead with 3 minute estimate times but going over and not finding any

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

problem with this game is length of matches in PVE.  It takes quite awhile to finish all 4 bosses and people just quit before getting to the 2nd one most of the time.  If the game could be more realistically finished in 40 minutes or less than it would be better but you're looking at over an hour possibly up to several hours depending on how your group moves.    Having to complete 50 full PVE matches hitting all 4 bosses is too much time.  I myself can't stand going past the 2nd boss i'm sick of it by then.

Just curious is there no level up system to the game or the chance to acquire better weapons?  If they are possible wouldn't that greatly reduce the time of the matches?  Unable to change difficulty to a lower level, or settings menu so that the matches don't take as long?  

I was hoping this would be a nice, lazy-relaxing game to play after work. Unfortunately, it's a cringe-fest, generic, boring live service rougelite.. The game is trying so hard to be hip and cool and appease modern/young? player base, it's off-putting. Generic music I had to turn completely turn off after 20 min. Voice acting delivering lines as "go with the flow.... gogo, hashtag... etc" wanted me to delete the game right away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Just curious is there no level up system to the game or the chance to acquire better weapons?  If they are possible wouldn't that greatly reduce the time of the matches?  Unable to change difficulty to a lower level, or settings menu so that the matches don't take as long?  

I'm sure once you get a good feel for the game and are playing with a group you would get to the point you could speed through it a lot faster.  Still though it's a massive grind that will get old really quick.

5 hours ago, theSpirae said:

I was hoping this would be a nice, lazy-relaxing game to play after work. Unfortunately, it's a cringe-fest, generic, boring live service rougelite.. The game is trying so hard to be hip and cool and appease modern/young? player base, it's off-putting. Generic music I had to turn completely turn off after 20 min. Voice acting delivering lines as "go with the flow.... gogo, hashtag... etc" wanted me to delete the game right away.

I hear you with the music It's a lot of loud noise.  Can't stand games with that type of music.  Sounds like a EA sports game like madden or Dirt 5.  Horrible ear banging noise.  

Here are some of the issues I've had on PS4 Pro, game is a perfect example of why i never pre order games anymore. 

CE-34878-0 when starting/ending a game (A Lot!)
Very bad performance
Very bad screen tearing
Glitched bosses (standing still)
Can't progress to next area (no press square on red barrier)
AI falling through floor/stuck in walls/glitching
No ammo on boss fights

Bosses not spawning 
Long or infinite load times
Challenges glitched