Easy Platinums from PS Plus Extra/Premium

3 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Valkyrie boss alone, was pure hell. Those treasures too where you can only run a certain area before dying... ugh. Hope Ragnarok isnt that nuts...

Yeah, I mean it's no Elden Ring / Bloodborne in terms of boss difficulty, but that camera "close in view" makes things difficult.

Considering I was using the proposed best gear setup, and best tactic and playing on Easy. It still took me a few attempts and I was thinking wow, this is the difficulty on Easy?

I dread to think what it's like on the other 3 harder difficulties.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah, I mean it's no Elden Ring / Bloodborne in terms of boss difficulty, but that camera "close in view" makes things difficult.

Considering I was using the proposed best gear setup, and best tactic and playing on Easy. It still took me a few attempts and I was thinking wow, this is the difficulty on Easy?

I dread to think what it's like on the other 3 harder difficulties.

Yeah, i blame the camera more than anything and the speed of them. Kratos cant even come close to matching it. It's as if they were designed for GOW 1 2 3, CoO, GoS, Ascension and not GOW2018. Absolutely a huge headache. The fire one also annoyed me a bit too, but nothing compared to the Queen Valkyrie. I think it took me a solid 5 attempts after i changed out some gear and specialty stuff. Everything was rank 7 i think as well but i forget, but i think i had some health on grabs/finishers, so anytime i got the prompt on her to damage a bit i got health. As well as Rage on hit boosts. Memory is lost on that game though 

If Ragnarok can get one thing right that GoW2018 failed at, optional boss designs... everything in 2018 was a troll or valkyrie. Aside from story events.. A bit of a let down tbh.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Dude, it's nice to read a post from someone who comes up with the points I have with this game.

I know it's sometimes kinda fashionable to sometimes shit on the super big Playstation exclusives and say they are bad games and then the name calling of whether you are fan boy or just being a hater for hates sake.

Constantly I see this game being thrown about as GOTY or an incredible game by a lot of people (which is fine or cool for them of course)

But when I see it often being thrown around as an easy game and listed here as "Easy Platinums from PS Plus Premium" with nobody else putting their hand in the hand and saying "Hang on a minute are you sure?"

I enjoyed the game on the whole but I have serious gripes with the game which seems to go largely ignored, for some reason. There are so many collectibles on this game and backtracking is essential since fasttracking spawns you in awful and often confusing locations, it's easy to get lost and without a doubt this is a hard game / very time confusing at most unless you have a youtube guide next to you at all times to make sure you aren't missing key stuff in each area. I often doubt my abilities of a gamer when I see other people just saying "oh yeah it's easy"

I have played so many other challenging games which I thought were easier. if I need to play the entire game on "Easy" setting and also have several guides in front of my nose for a good 20 hours of gameplay. That to me does scream an easy platinum.

Oh and for me, the game also gave me motion sickness after 10 minutes, which to me is quite rare but also adds to the difficulty of getting through everything.

The Valkyrie stuff just seems very lazy content to be honest, the same boss reskinned 10 times, and all the stuff like running around on a giant ring, which is basically just a loading screen, or another giant elevator that takes 10 seconds to ride on. This game has obvious loading time issues, just because you are still in control of Kratos, doesn't mean the game has no loading times. The recycling of mini bosses on this game in general, there are a lot of key problems with this game, which largely a lot of people seem to ignore for some reason. This game is no GOW3.

I know some people shit on Elden Ring saying it has recycled enemies sometimes. That's quite unfortunate, but it's only once or twice for each enemy.

Imagine if after killing Maliketh the Black Blade you'd also have to kill Maliketh the Red Blade, Maliketh the Yellow Blade and his other 9 brothers, all wearing a different color of pants. Everyone would call out that lazy shit, God Of War on the other hand, gets away with recycling mini bosses and large enemies for the entire game as a REPLACEMENT to having cool awesome over the top of bosses like in GOW1, 2 and 3.

Yeah like i feel because its the big Kratos return, everyone gave it 10/10 without truly breaking it down. I'd say a very solid 8. It has flaws. Backtracking, the map itself which is a glorified hidden loading screen really..., the slow slow boat and "open world", aspect was kind of a lost opportunity. It could have been handled better than a handful of loot on small islands and maybe a valk or 2. 

That damn treasure area i mentioned. Then the basically 3 enemy types outside bosses.... Graugs(?), Trolls, Valkyrie, and i think theres an armored enemy as well. But like, thats it. Wheres all the other NORSE ideas? Kratos also immediately turning into "no, we shouldnt be relentless" with hardly any explanation until end game and even then hes soft. Wheres the barbaric badass who wouldn't let himself get shit kicked at the beginning? 

I have a very similar gripe with Ghost of Tsushima. Its fun, its good. But its pretty empty aside from fort/hideouts, haikus, hotsprings, chasing a fox. There really isnt much. Yet their could have been much much more. God of War is no different. 

Also didn't like the paths you wander in the great tree area when you get Mimir. Another hidden load screen in my opinion. 

I do like the game but its pretty simple in content. Plus 2 biomes you cant access. Maybe in Ragnarok? but i would hope places look different.... and not recycled environments because if its been almost 3.5 to 4 yrs since GOW2018 in April, and say Ragnarok in November should rumors be accurate.... then how could it have taken so long if its just same areas right? I'm not expecting to be blown away by any means, but i want something vastly improved over 2018.

Also if this is the end of the Norse saga.... it needs to end in a big way. Maybe, just maybe its time Kratos dies.

Also, i want this to start with a bang, similar to how you stated GoW 3 started. But also I don't want Thor fight to be one time and he dies at the start. That hype at the end of 2018, for a quick 20min event in the start of Ragnarok would annoy me.

Perhaps Kratos comes close to killing Thor but he causes Ragnarok to inadvertently kick off instead, setting the pace for a crazy game.

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah like i feel because its the big Kratos return, everyone gave it 10/10 without truly breaking it down. I'd say a very solid 8. It has flaws. Backtracking, the map itself which is a glorified hidden loading screen really..., the slow slow boat and "open world", aspect was kind of a lost opportunity. It could have been handled better than a handful of loot on small islands and maybe a valk or 2. 

That damn treasure area i mentioned. Then the basically 3 enemy types outside bosses.... Graugs(?), Trolls, Valkyrie, and i think theres an armored enemy as well. But like, thats it. Wheres all the other NORSE ideas? Kratos also immediately turning into "no, we shouldnt be relentless" with hardly any explanation until end game and even then hes soft. Wheres the barbaric badass who wouldn't let himself get shit kicked at the beginning? 

I have a very similar gripe with Ghost of Tsushima. Its fun, its good. But its pretty empty aside from fort/hideouts, haikus, hotsprings, chasing a fox. There really isnt much. Yet their could have been much much more. God of War is no different. 

Also didn't like the paths you wander in the great tree area when you get Mimir. Another hidden load screen in my opinion. 

I do like the game but its pretty simple in content. Plus 2 biomes you cant access. Maybe in Ragnarok? but i would hope places look different.... and not recycled environments because if its been almost 3.5 to 4 yrs since GOW2018 in April, and say Ragnarok in November should rumors be accurate.... then how could it have taken so long if its just same areas right? I'm not expecting to be blown away by any means, but i want something vastly improved over 2018.

Also if this is the end of the Norse saga.... it needs to end in a big way. Maybe, just maybe its time Kratos dies.

Also, i want this to start with a bang, similar to how you stated GoW 3 started. But also I don't want Thor fight to be one time and he dies at the start. That hype at the end of 2018, for a quick 20min event in the start of Ragnarok would annoy me.

Perhaps Kratos comes close to killing Thor but he causes Ragnarok to inadvertently kick off instead, setting the pace for a crazy game.

Hah dude, we probably shouldn't be discussing this here in this topic. You're bringing up all my old wounds lol

God Of War turning into a  "The Last Of Us 1" clone was kinda sad in a way. I remember playing the game and thinking cool, shit is building up, I can't wait for an over the top boss or intense scene to come up soon, that when the "ending credits" came up with the remaining 80% of the game's content remaining, I just remember thinking "Wow is that it?" Instead we're just fighting with random skinny dude for half the game, probably the worst villian in a game I can think of if I am being honest.

GOW3 on the PS3 was arguably and also the time one of the most impressive and over the top games I had ever played. If I'd wanted to spent 20% of my time rowing from one part of the game to the next, boat simulator style I'd probably just play something else. Or at least I'd prefer a loading screen.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Dude, it's nice to read a post from someone who comes up with the points I have with this game.

I know it's sometimes kinda fashionable to sometimes shit on the super big Playstation exclusives and say they are bad games and then the name calling of whether you are fan boy or just being a hater for hates sake.

Constantly I see this game being thrown about as GOTY or an incredible game by a lot of people (which is fine or cool for them of course)

But when I see it often being thrown around as an easy game and listed here as "Easy Platinums from PS Plus Premium" with nobody else putting their hand in the hand and saying "Hang on a minute are you sure?"

I enjoyed the game on the whole but I have serious gripes with the game which seems to go largely ignored, for some reason. There are so many collectibles on this game and backtracking is essential since fasttracking spawns you in awful and often confusing locations, it's easy to get lost and without a doubt this is a hard game / very time confusing at most unless you have a youtube guide next to you at all times to make sure you aren't missing key stuff in each area. I often doubt my abilities of a gamer when I see other people just saying "oh yeah it's easy"

I have played so many other challenging games which I thought were easier. if I need to play the entire game on "Easy" setting and also have several guides in front of my nose for a good 20 hours of gameplay. That to me does scream an easy platinum.

Oh and for me, the game also gave me motion sickness after 10 minutes, which to me is quite rare but also adds to the difficulty of getting through everything.

The Valkyrie stuff just seems very lazy content to be honest, the same boss reskinned 10 times, and all the stuff like running around on a giant ring, which is basically just a loading screen, or another giant elevator that takes 10 seconds to ride on. This game has obvious loading time issues, just because you are still in control of Kratos, doesn't mean the game has no loading times. The recycling of mini bosses on this game in general, there are a lot of key problems with this game, which largely a lot of people seem to ignore for some reason. This game is no GOW3.

I know some people shit on Elden Ring saying it has recycled enemies sometimes. That's quite unfortunate, but it's only once or twice for each enemy.

Imagine if after killing Maliketh the Black Blade you'd also have to kill Maliketh the Red Blade, Maliketh the Yellow Blade and his other 9 brothers, all wearing a different color of pants. Everyone would call out that lazy shit, God Of War on the other hand, gets away with recycling mini bosses and large enemies for the entire game as a REPLACEMENT to having cool awesome over the top of bosses like in GOW1, 2 and 3.

21 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Hah dude, we probably shouldn't be discussing this here in this topic. You're bringing up all my old wounds lol

God Of War turning into a  "The Last Of Us 1" clone was kinda sad in a way. I remember playing the game and thinking cool, shit is building up, I can't wait for an over the top boss or intense scene to come up soon, that when the "ending credits" came up with the remaining 80% of the game's content remaining, I just remember thinking "Wow is that it?" Instead we're just fighting with random skinny dude for half the game, probably the worst villian in a game I can think of if I am being honest.

GOW3 on the PS3 was arguably and also the time one of the most impressive and over the top games I had ever played. If I'd wanted to spent 20% of my time rowing from one part of the game to the next, boat simulator style I'd probably just play something else. Or at least I'd prefer a loading screen.

A huge chunk of God of War 2018 was these long walking sections with Kratos and his boy. Definitely a far cry from the old God of War where you had some running segments, platforming, and then a fight that immediately starts. Half of the newer God of War was practically story, which I don't mind as long as it's told well, it's just that wasn't the main appeal of the franchise.

Some of the antagonists in the older games were human like, then they transformed into some great being and then the real battle begins. Baldur is practically the skinny dude throughout the entire game, I was expecting him to shapeshift or transform into something else but I don't recall that happening.

Then the big critics in the gaming landscape all give GoW 2018 9/10 and 10/10 ratings all across the board. It's still a good solid game, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't deserve that high of a rating. If I'm being honest, it's around a 7/10 to 8/10 overall. Excellent graphics, great scope, but a dragged out story that was obviously inspired by The Last of Us. You don't get the Blades of Chaos until halfway thru the game, and there's this torment within Kratos regarding those Blades of Chaos because it reminds him of all the bad things that he did in the past, which he wishes to leave behind.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New Games coming to PS Plus Extra/Premium members on July 19th are Stray, Ice Age Scratts Nutty Adventure, Jumanji, and ReadySet Heroes. And yes, all four of them had an easy platinum trophy.

I also forgot Spirits of the North. That was an easy Plat as well.

Edited by The_ThrillBlazer
  • Like 1

Oh, ohhh, let me answer! ? After spending the last few months working on some much longer games, I started scouring the new catalog looking for highly reviewed games with shorter trophy lists, and I’ve found some really good ones so far. They are all drastically different genres so you’ll have to look them up and see if they appeal to you:

- Shadow Warrior 3 (Sort of a an odd Doom/Bulletstorm/Titanfall mish mash)

- Telling Lies (FMV detective game, very interesting format but more movie than game)

- The Artful Escape (gorgeous and weird psychedelic music game, highly recommend)

- Black Mirror (Adventure/Horror set in a creepy Scottish mansion)

- SpiderMan: Miles Morales (super short and great fun)

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (this one was surprisingly fantastic and had really strong writing and acting. And that’s coming from someone who isn’t all that crazy about Marvel/Superhero stuff)

A few others I haven’t played yet but plan on getting to soon:

Warhammer: Chaosbane (isometric ARPG like Diablo 3)

- Ghostrunner (this one looks amazing, fast paced and challenging action platformer with an almost puzzle-like element to approaching rooms of enemies.)

- Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (ngl heard mixed reviews of this one but it looks like a decent stealth/hack n slash Werewolf game, and it’s supposed to be quite short. Like ~15 hours so I’m going to give it a shot)

- Kona (Super interested in this one. It looks like a walking sim with survival and horror elements. It’s clear from the footage along that the game has a very haunting sense of isolation and solitude set in a chilly and remote area of the Canadian wilderness in Quebec)

- Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (A point-and-click/hidden pictures mystery adventure game. Has pretty decent reviews and is basically like a Telltale game, guaranteed platinum for beating the game)

I’m sure there are many more buried in the catalog, when I find some more I’ll post them here.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed off topic discussion, derailing
  • Like 1

On the subject of God of War apparently being difficult:

The Valkyries weren't even that hard. I struggled with the queen for a bit but I ended up beating her without using a Resurrection stone on normal. Idk what everyone else here is talking about. The only thing that kept me from getting that platinum right away was the amount of collectables and my personal burnout from collectable hunting in general. Other than that, that game was so easy bc of how much fun I was having playing it and I'd genuinely do it again. Easy 10/10

Edited by ShadowMan12034
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 2:24 AM, dieselmanchild said:

First off, I have no problem with video games (and other forms of entertainment) featuring black people. In fact, black artists, actors, characters, athletes etc. make up a large portion of my favourite entertainment, so you can dead that idea right now. The issue, for me personally at least, is that these writers and creators are never able to create their own unique stories and characters for people of colour and other minority groups, instead they rely on cannibalizing iconic characters and established stories, purely for the sake of promoting an agenda of diversity and cultural change. This is literally what wokeness is all about and why it rubs so many people the wrong way.

If you want to read a little bit about the history of how Miles Morales came into existence, here’s an interesting article from a comic book site you can check out, and a quote from the article:

The Punisher arcade, by Capcom is my second favourite scrolling beat-em-up of all time and I like playing as Nick Fury instead of The Punisher since he has slightly longer range and his down+up attack flash kick is way better. So imagine my surprise playing Marvel Puzzle Quest and Nick Fury becomes Samuel L. Jackson. And unlike Miles Morale it isn't a different person.

I dunno, to me it comes across as quite patronising. Like, "Oh you're not good enough to be your own hero, so we'll just let you take over an existing one instead". I guess I'm fine with them doing that to their own franchise, and I presume the target audience is happy with that?

We all know though that if for example, T'Challa was killed off and replaced with "Timothy Spencer", there would be world wide outrage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Anyone having issues grabbing this game Deliver Us The Moon?

I see it in the game catalog but when I go and click it it shows 24.99. Also tried the app and it shows same thing with a price.

Is it still part of extra tier? i am on Extra.

I just got that game without problems.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:59 AM, Mastodon_Slayer said:

All this games are very easy and fast Platinum if you use a guide. IF you know more easy games comment.

11-11 Memories Retold (PS4) 6 hours difficult 1/10

9 Monkeys of Shaolin (PS4) 6 hours dificult 2/10

Ape Escape (PS4 and PS5) 6 hours difficult 2/10

Bunny Riders (PS5) 2 hours difficult 1/10

Enigmatics (PS4) 3 hours difficult 1/10

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi 10 hours difficult 1/10

Kona (PS4 and PS5) 4 hours difficult 2/10

Kurushi (PS4 and PS5) 2 hours difficult 2/10

Last Stop (PS4 and PS5) 6 hours difficult 2/10

Monopoly Madness (PS4) 4 hours 1/10 dificult

Syphon Filter (PS4 and PS5) 6 hours difficult 2/10

Telling Lies (PS4) 2 hours difficult 1/10

The Artful Escape (PS4 and PS5) 2 hours difficult 1/10

Virginia (PS4) 2 hours difficult 1/10

Wytchwood (PS4) 8 hours difficult 2/10

I think Bunny Raiders is free for all now.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 10:34 AM, zizimonster said:

I'd like to add a few games:

• Deliver Us the Moon
  • Omno
  • Stray
  • Lost Words: Beyond the Page
  • Last Stop
  • Life is Strange: True Colors

Also syphon filter games are very easy, just beat the game and the first one is the only one with level specific trophies. Loco roco midnight carnival takes like an hour and a half. Doom 64 is easy. Jumping flash is very easy and fun. Super stardust portable is simple. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...