PAC-Man World Re-PAC coming August 26th, 2022

PAC-Man World Re-PAC Official Announcement Trailer

We have PAC Man World 1 coming to PS4 & PS5 in late August. This PS1 classic brings us back to PAC-Man’s birthday celebration, as he sets out for Ghost Island to rescue members of the PAC Family, who have been kidnapped by Toc-Man and his Ghost minions. Pre-orders include BONUS chrome noir PAC-Man chogokin skin DLC and Limited Edition figures while supplies last.

• Like 4

I got the bundle. I never played any of the Pac-man world games before since I was a kid when the first one came out. I didnt see how large the figure/statue is though.

Edit: The figure is barely over 4in. thats super lame.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX
  • Like 1

The figure edition is $119.99 in the US. 

On 6/28/2022 at 9:24 PM, ShadowSigmaX said:

I got the bundle. I never played any of the Pac-man world games before since I was a kid when the first one came out. I didnt see how large the figure/statue is though.

Edit: The figure is barely over 4in. thats super lame.

Awfully expensive figure for that size.

• 1 month later...

Haven’t played original so was excited to try this. Then bummed to hear they made changes because of the legal disputes with Ms Pac Man. It prob doesn’t affect the game much but this has apparently upset some fans of the original and it bothers me when games are changed, or worse, censored. Originally reported by VGC.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

Trophy list has been uploaded on Exophase!

I'll leave the link down below so everyone can check the trophy list!

2x1_NSwitch_PacManWorldRePac_image1600w.

https://www.exophase.com/game/pac-man-world-re-pac-psn/trophies/

Yes sir!

So basically, the platinum focuses on rescuing all the family members, finding all the letters, beating the game, and a few miscellaneous tasks. Defeating enemies with certain attacks I’m sure can be farmed in certain levels. Slots? I’ve no clue what that’s supposed to be. Original PAC Man I knew that was coming from the PS1 version. So overall, I think this platinum is going to be a 3-4/10 in my opinion.

3 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

Trophy list has been uploaded on Exophase!

I'll leave the link down below so everyone can check the trophy list!

2x1_NSwitch_PacManWorldRePac_image1600w.

https://www.exophase.com/game/pac-man-world-re-pac-psn/trophies/

Yes sir!

This list looks pretty good. As far as the difficulty goes, a 3/10 might be too low for this game. If the Galaxian boss fight is anything like the original I imagine that will be very frustrating to not miss a single shot especially when all of the enemies are constantly moving. Each hitpoint of the boss needs like 20 shots as well, so you really have to play perfectly.

The magic key is also a complete pain, I went for that recently on RetroAchievements and it was very RNG-dependent. It is such an obscure collectible that a lot of people who played this as a kid had no idea it even exists. The million total score needed for it is no joke, if you play every level perfectly you will only have maybe 75,000 extra score by the end. The mazes give almost half or even over half of all the score on each level. So that means on most levels you would need to get all 4 ghosts in all 4 possible power pellet chains in each level maze to get the maximum score, except in the final world where there are sometimes 5 ghosts per maze. Of course this is all assuming they made no changes to the game regarding score which I'm certain they have. However there is a trophy for getting a chain of 4 ghosts, and the score for doing that is still 1,600 so that is a little worrying. If you mess up at all in a level you have to restart the whole thing. It really just sucks.

The rest of the list looks good, 99 lives is easily farmable, marathon mode lets you keep going even when you die, rescuing family is fairly simple, etc.

Edited by Empovyle