XIII getting huge update in Spetember

snakebit10

Hopefully the technical issues get fixed. I had no real intention of playing the game because of the aforementioned issues, but I picked up the limited edition steelbook for pennies not too long ago, so it'd be great if I could now get around to giving it a go for myself. But if this update fixes nothing then I probably won't bother.

• Like 1

The game was a massive disappointment imo and was nothing like the original. Just felt like a lazy attempt to update and spruce up an old game, which they failed at miserably.

Not the best remake by any stretch and the graphics/gameplay alone were nothing like the original. 

Hopefully the update addresses alot of the issues, as it was a poor showing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I haven't played it and know nothing of the game other than it released with a lot of issues. 

It is getting a major update in September.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/the-abysmal-xiii-remake-gets-a-huge-overhaul-in-september#:~:text=After more than a year's,look of the PS2 classic.

Thanks for posting this. I grabbed an import of the UK version from eBay today. It was cheaper than any NA versions, and is a limited edition steelbook to boot. I’ll hold on until the update comes out now.

• Like 2

This is interesting. The game is only £8 at the moment. I did love the original, but steered clear of the remake because it seemed like a disaster. I may consider picking it up now, because I reckon if the update is actually good it will go back up in price, and if the update isn't any good then I'm only down the price of a few beers.

• Like 1

Nice to know of this update, but it really should have come sooner. Once the re-remake launches, I'll try it. Thank God PlayMagic is off the project and we've got Tower Five. Hopefully this ends up being a miracle turn-around like the PC port of Ys VIII, which started out with many technical issues, but eventually became stellar once Laurel Code got the boot and Durante's PH3 Games studio took it over. Fingers crossed.

One of my most disliked things about the remake's current state is how you cannot have certain weapons in your inventory at the same time. In the classic XIII you could have an M60 and sniper rifle in your inventory. In the remake, you will have to drop one to take the other. Please let this be fixed.

Shame Sony killed the PSVita. A direct port of the original UbiSoft XIII would have been good for it.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

It doesn't mention this in the article (it only mentions 60fps when playing in back compat on PS5), and other news sites are all reporting the same thing as well so I'm not sure if anyone actually picked up on this, but apparently there is going to be a native PS5 version of this new "updated" version of the game, at least according to a listing on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximum-Games-XIII-PS5/dp/B0B4NRRD55/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=195MXABNEBPYP&keywords=xiii+ps5&qid=1657112644&sprefix=xiii%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-1 

Not sure why they wouldn't mention this ?‍♂️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2022 at 1:49 PM, Batmannequin said:

Bit the bullet and grabbed the Limited Edition Steelbook from Amazon for £8.95 - hopefully this do-over version is decent, haha.

If not, at least it looks pretty on the shelf.

Really is a nice steel. I don't think I've ever seen a white one before. I got it and the Beyond a Steel Sky steelbook imported for less than the digital copy of XIII here.