Ammo in grounded mode

Hey Im recently playing the last of us on grounded difficulty and Im having a lot of problems with ammo even though Im playing most of the time stealth without using guns( ofc when Its possible). Did you had this problem in your playthrough too ? 

Brick/ bottle then wack with melee will 2 hit kill most things. Only upgrade melee weapons when they have one bar of health and only upgrade pipes, machetes, or axes, the others are a waste.

A smoke bomb can give you cover to make your escape to the next checkpoint.

There are few areas where fire fights are needed. What area are you stuck on? I might remember my strategy. 

Edited by da-Noob123

Ok thanks for your time and advices, I will try to use bow more :)

1 minute ago, da-Noob123 said:

Brick/ bottle then wack with melee will 2 hit kill most things.

A smoke bomb can give you cover to make your escape to the next checkpoint.

There are few areas where fire fights are needed. What area are you stuck on? I might remember my strategy. 

Im not stuck in any area Im just curious if Im doing something wrong :D Usually if I have problems with some part of the chapter I get over that part in like 40min max so its okay i guess, now Im in the beggining of chapter 6 

4 minutes ago, swenyx_xd said:

Ok thanks for your time and advices, I will try to use bow more :)

Im not stuck in any area Im just curious if Im doing something wrong :D Usually if I have problems with some part of the chapter I get over that part in like 40min max so its okay i guess, now Im in the beggining of chapter 6 

Ah, yeah nothing wrong on your end, the game is just extremely stingy with supplies on that difficulty but if you play your cards right you can have max inventory before you reach the end of the game.

The bow is amazing, definitely use it more if you have not been. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Ah, yeah nothing wrong on your end, the game is just extremely stingy with supplies on that difficulty but if you play your cards right you can have max inventory before you reach the end of the game.

The bow is amazing, definitely use it more if you have not been. 

Yeah I was doing pretty badly at start with the bow, but now I get used to that, so it helped me a bit, yeah :)  Thanks for advices :) 

27 minutes ago, swenyx_xd said:

Yeah I was doing pretty badly at start with the bow, but now I get used to that, so it helped me a bit, yeah :)  Thanks for advices :) 

Quite often the bow will be a 1-hit kill so it’s your best bet as far as weapons go. Best of luck. The game is great but Grounded can be annoying at times. 

• Like 1

The game really start giving you more ammo when you get really low on ammo. Speedrunners dont pick ammo on certain spots because they know if they are low later in the game they can get more ammo. But as long as you stealth as much as possible and scavange for ammo you should be fine. The game provides what you need. The constant search for resources is what made Grounded such an amazing difficulty.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the challenge, I love the game. I found that supplies were sparse but the game always provided what was needed.. sometimes it took a few attempts to learn the chapter and always went for the headshot to conserve ammo. What I did find difficult was being stealthy. I’m terrible at it and very impatient. I’m more of an all guns blazing type, but I didn’t have the resources to be like that. It definitely helped me develop more skill in that area. Good luck with it, you’ll be fine ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

I enjoyed the challenge, I love the game. I found that supplies were sparse but the game always provided what was needed.. sometimes it took a few attempts to learn the chapter and always went for the headshot to conserve ammo. What I did find difficult was being stealthy. I’m terrible at it and very impatient. I’m more of an all guns blazing type, but I didn’t have the resources to be like that. It definitely helped me develop more skill in that area. Good luck with it, you’ll be fine 1f60a.png

Im not really a stealth person too, so it can be sometimes frustrating but overall Im enjoying the game, hope that the part II will be good too :)

Revolver, Hunting Rifle, Bow and 9mm all do more damage on enemies on Grounded. Revolver, Hunting Rifle and Bow kill human enemies in 1 hit (unless they have armor, even though a bow headshot still kills in 1 hit) so you can try to make use of that to save ammo. 

5 hours ago, Yoranto said:

Revolver, Hunting Rifle, Bow and 9mm all do more damage on enemies on Grounded. Revolver, Hunting Rifle and Bow kill human enemies in 1 hit (unless they have armor, even though a bow headshot still kills in 1 hit) so you can try to make use of that to save ammo. 

They get one shot even with armour right?  Just don’t shoot the armour and shoot the legs instead ? That’s how I remember it. Been a long time since I played grounded though. 

Edited by Quink666

6 hours ago, Quink666 said:

They get one shot even with armour right?  Just don’t shoot the armour and shoot the legs instead 1f600.png That’s how I remember it. Been a long time since I played grounded though. 

Yes ?

As Quink mentioned, the game will drop more ammo if you use more of it - I learned this after struggling with the mall/escalator section of the DLC. The drops can be pretty random though. Also, one of the most helpful ways I got through grounded was to keep the aim button held down when sneaking past clickers - it makes you silent. Though like NewDust also mentioned, there's a trick you can do to get unlimited shivs.

And might be worth mentioning that when you get to part with Ellie and David, you can use this trick to stay out of danger (though just be careful when the bloater comes down): 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Are you  by any chance the  TLoU speedrunner Yoranto? If so, you are slowly but surely creeping up on Ants time, just 5 seconds and you'll get the recky =>

Yeah that's me ?

• Like 1