HipHop Lover

Cassiopria

Genuine question for fans of this genre, what is the difference between rap and hiphop? I honestly don't have a clue.

Parker

Its very Subjective, If you ask anyone that follows mainstream rap/hip hop they'll tell you acts like Wayne, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, Game, Kendrick, Slaughter house, or any commercial act is HipHop/Rap, but if you ask any Underground head/ or old school hip hop/rap listener they'll answer with their own answer that favors anything they listen to, and theyll mostly all say anything thats Underground is hip hop, and anything commercial is rap.

Its been debated for a while by rappers/emcee's and fans alike but nothing is really solid. Its very subjective and forever will be.

in my opinion; Rap is what you do, Hip Hop is what you live.

add another song:

Edited by BasickAlphabit
  • Like 2

i hear only hate in his rap :unsure:

Yup, hate and anger. That was recorded around the time of his death (well it realeased after his death :P ) and he had a lot of anger and shady enemies. I feel that was one of the songs where he let off the most. As for his rap overall, his earlier stuff is different.

Edited by -Dark Mark-
  • Like 1

So this thread keeps passing me by like The Pharcyde for some reason, and I'm changing that

Has Organized Konfusion been mentioned yet? Because as far as Rap duos go they were excellent, and still rule as solo acts

Speaking of solo acts, ol' Sean P gets some heavy rotation when I'm in the mood to blast some Rap tunes

• Like 3

One of my favorite Kurupt verses ate 1:46

So this thread keeps passing me by like The Pharcyde for some reason, and I'm changing that

Has Organized Konfusion been mentioned yet? Because as far as Rap duos go they were excellent, and still rule as solo acts

Damn, I remember my big bro bumping this while playing my other bro in Madden on the PS1. xD

Edited by -Dark Mark-