The "Bless You" trophy and the "Counterforce" perk

I am hoping someone can give me a definite answer on this... When reading the guide for the Hour of the Witch DLC, they mention using a Jill Valentine perk, Counterforce, to combine with your boon perks. Now the description of the perk only says when cleansing a totem, and not when booning, a totem. So if I am reading this right then Counterforce will not help me boon hex totems any faster, correct?

I just don't want to waste time putting bloodpoints into Jill just to get her perks up to teachable level if counterforce isn't going to help me boon hex totems any faster. I would rather be putting points into Mikaela's blood web so I can get maps and add-ons to help me find the totems. Also, yes, I do have small game as well, but maps are way easier.

I only used Mikaela’s perks and one that rang when I was near one. I was going for the hexes and unhooks at the same time so I had Adams perk on too. Sorry I don’t know the names I’ve not played the game very long. I did the majority of the PS5 game with just their adept perks and only unlocked what I had to ?

I accidentally opened the PS4 version and trophies popped so I’m stuck doing it again. This time around I’ve unlocked loads more and realised how helpful perks can be ?

That hex trophy was annoying it took so long as not many killers use hexes and if they did someone would find it before me!

• Like 2

Yeah I just learned yesterday how much easier it is using a map and add-ons. It made it so much better than just using small game alone when trying to find those hex totems. Also, I agree... It seems like less and less killers are using hex perks these days. I feel like it's about one killer in every 5 games or so that has a hex totem. 

The reason I mentioned Counterforce in the guide was because, when cleansing a dull totem, the furthest totem away from you will be highlighted, so you may end up finding a Hex totem to bless. Yes, maps make easier to track totems but, you know, better giving all the options possible for a trophy, right?

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1