How To Make Boosting/Grinding Less Exhausting (Tips)

HamiTosh

Let us collect some tips on how to make grinds less tedious and exhausting:

1. Distribute the boosting over multiple sessions. Communicate with the others, set how long you gonna boost, if one feels tired/exhausted etc. then STOP!

Its just a virtual bling, dont torture yourself.

2. If it is a boost which doesnt require pin-point accuracy then just turn a movie or series to watch on the side

3. If it is a boost which requires more attention but no comms turn on some music, as long everyone knows what they do

4. I know that most people "dont have mic" in 2022, but if you feel a little more "socially",I for my part met some great guys, I boosted with them and even when failed misisons, we were stilll in high morale cuz we were joking around

5. Dont do the mistake most people do "Ah im gonna leave this collectables/grinds for later"; u have to vary with your gameplay, do some story, pick collectables on the way, if you need to farm stuff, try to farm the main playthrough

6. Dont shy away to use guides! Preparation is half the battle,there is nothing worse than finally starting the boost just hto have the players ask "well what we actually doing" "how do u punch""how do you enter the car", core mechanics shoulds be know before hand

7.Rotate between 2-3 games, so you dont get burnt out so fast from one boost/grind

Feel free to add more tips :)

• Like 1

For the grinds, I would advice to find more then one good spot if its possible.
When grind starts to get really annoying you can change spots, maybe it will cost you a little more time, but it will make it more fresh for a while.

I prefer to grind 10 hours and change spots then grind 9 hours in only one spot

• Like 1

• Find good audiobooks / podcasts that you like

• try to make it fun, even if it's really just a grind - make little games for yourself while doing it - try to see how many shots you can hit on a certain spot or something.

• Don't go for efficiency over fun - if you can do 50 hours of completely mindless tedium, or 60 hours of kinda fun, less tedious play - really ask yourself if saving that 10 hours is worth your sanity for the other 50!
  • Like 4

@DrBloodmoney..... Erm you forgot a bullet point. ?:lol:

• Make yourself feel slightly less stressed out about the entire ordeal... simply by incessantly complaining about how much you AREN'T enjoying the grind to your friends ?. Once you've done that, get yourself into being in this mental state....  glass-case.gif worrying that by complaining you're annoying said friends, just by your mere presence! :facepalm:

In all seriousness though! The above does work!

But also Doc did give some pretty valuable pointers too, and the first and third ones are things that I tend to find particularly useful myself.

There is no right or wrong answer really, it all depends on what you individually find to be the best coping strategies. Me personally? I usually like to have a nice chilled out game to play after a long session of boosting, just to relax any nerves of frustrations that I might have felt creeping in during the process.

• Like 2

Both of these tips are online specific.

1. A lot of people won't agree with me on this, but use a mic for trophies that require coordination. I hate using a mic with strangers as much as the next guy does, but it saves a lot of headache for those kind of trophies. I agree that a mic is not needed for mindless tasks such as trading wins, but I actually had someone who wanted to play Overcooked 2 with me without a mic. After some tedious experiences I had with micless sessions, I won't boost these types of trophies with people who aren't willing to VC anymore. I know we're just talking about video games here, but you won't achieve much in life if you don't push yourself past your comfort zone.

2. As much as possible, try to stick with the same boosting partners across games. If you're going to work with someone new, ask your friends if they know him/her first. Don't assume that because someone is active in the community that they will be a good partner. I can't list names here because I'm sure the mods would consider that to be an attack, but one of my boosting partners for Quantum Theory ditched us after he got his trophies, and this man is active in both the checkllists and the community events.

• Like 2

When I have to play, but don't need to mind story, I always listen to overdue albums or "watch" some movies.
But since the most important thing here is playing, the best thing you can do is a "small steps method".
Don't think about all the trophies at the same time, focus yourself on one trophy. And on another one. And so on.

Plenty of good advice here that I follow myself. Personally, I find some enjoyment in attempting to optimize my route a bit more each run. Sometimes, I'll put on a metal playlist to listen to during this, as well. Also, if I'm grinding some sort of currency or experience points, I'll take a break to actually spend what I've earned on buying upgrades/gaining levels whenever possible, which makes me feel like I'm making tangible progress.

That said, I still despise any kind of farming or grinding. It might be my least favorite task in gaming, with collectibles coming in second.

We have to understand that we're all human. We're not robots slaving away at a hobby we enjoy doing, otherwise this is literally a second job, which isn't fun at all.

When I did Max Payne 3 last summer I basically had a couple people message me on Discord, saying what time was best for us to meet up. Because we all lived in different time zones we had to come to an agreement.

I made the mistake of stumbling upon an actual boosting session and killing a couple people in a multiplayer match, after which I got a bunch of angry messages on PSN asking me why I was causing trouble. I backed away and realized that it was a bunch of people from this website who were all trying to get the online before the server shutdown.

Contrary to what some people here think, you don't need a mic for most online boosting sessions. Maybe for something like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on the PS3, since there are some feats that require four or five people. A number of trophies in Max Payne 3 required multiple people, but the people I was boosting with were familiar with the multiplayer inside and out. I just had to get adjusted and be patient for others to get their trophies before I could get my own.

Regardless, there will always be those who will be griefers, and those who are awful to boost with. When I boosted Red Dead Redemption 1 last year we had somebody send Nazi propoganda messages on PSN. We all reported him and I believe he finally got banned, but he had a bunch of alt accounts who sent the same garbage. Pretty sad how low some people will go.

I don't like boosting. Even when I casually played online for games like World of Warcraft, I've had far too many instances of people who just bailed on the rest of the team, and then blame me for wrongdoing.

Don't overdo boosting though. If it's a long grind, like it was for me with Max Payne, spread out that time across a few weeks or so. It's far better for your health than to wait until the last minute and try to do it all at once, which is never a good thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

We have to understand that we're all human. We're not robots slaving away at a hobby we enjoy doing, otherwise this is literally a second job, which isn't fun at all.

When I did Max Payne 3 last summer I basically had a couple people message me on Discord, saying what time was best for us to meet up. Because we all lived in different time zones we had to come to an agreement.

I made the mistake of stumbling upon an actual boosting session and killing a couple people in a multiplayer match, after which I got a bunch of angry messages on PSN asking me why I was causing trouble. I backed away and realized that it was a bunch of people from this website who were all trying to get the online before the server shutdown.

Contrary to what some people here think, you don't need a mic for most online boosting sessions. Maybe for something like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood on the PS3, since there are some feats that require four or five people. A number of trophies in Max Payne 3 required multiple people, but the people I was boosting with were familiar with the multiplayer inside and out. I just had to get adjusted and be patient for others to get their trophies before I could get my own.

Regardless, there will always be those who will be griefers, and those who are awful to boost with. When I boosted Red Dead Redemption 1 last year we had somebody send Nazi propoganda messages on PSN. We all reported him and I believe he finally got banned, but he had a bunch of alt accounts who sent the same garbage. Pretty sad how low some people will go.

I don't like boosting. Even when I casually played online for games like World of Warcraft, I've had far too many instances of people who just bailed on the rest of the team, and then blame me for wrongdoing.

Don't overdo boosting though. If it's a long grind, like it was for me with Max Payne, spread out that time across a few weeks or so. It's far better for your health than to wait until the last minute and try to do it all at once, which is never a good thing.

I had plenty of similar experience like you, luckily i still met some great guys im still kept playing and chatting with, I say 1 good person makes up for 100 bad ones.

And for the ones that bailed, it just shows how scummy they are,but at one point if they keep on boosting longer in this community word might spread and no one will boost with them