Journey into the abyss bugged?

Nygo95

I can't seem to unlock this trophy. I finished the dlcs on way of the demon and started the abyss while waiting for the twilight mission to change. I started from floor 20, cleared it and got no trophy, then I started from floor 1 went up to 20, still no trophy. I checked my stats and the highest floor cleared is still 0, while other stats such as attempts are registering correctly. In the abyss ranking my highest floor cleared is negative 407556759 which is definitely not 20, so it's a problem with the stats and not the trophy itself not unlocking. 

To give a bit of extra context, I had the platinum for the base game on ps4, not the dlc though. I got the ps5 collection and went back to the ps4 version to upload my old save. When I loaded it on ps5 I don't remember what happened exactly, but either I was immediately thrown in an abyss mission (that night castle with the spider boss) or I chose the normal version of that mission to re-unlock the hiragumo fragments trophy and ended up in the abyss instead. I remember that being the case because I noticed the blue elixir instead of the normal yellow ones, and that I got thrown out on the world map after dying a few times, while being told I failed the abyss. Quite strange, but I didn't pay attention to it because I had literally just loaded my save file after 5 years and didn't know what was going on. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I can do? 

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue as you, im Minus 400 milion in rank in Points. Cleared Stage 20 then 1 to 30 and didnt get the trophy as well. Used also my ps 4 safe file for the ps 5 rip. Also after i cleared any Stages it doesnt even consider it i done a stage.

Edited by Sagaan

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I also tried older ps4 saves, both directly on the ps4 or imported to ps5, but had no luck. These saves didn't originally have the abyss unlocked, since it wasn't yet released when I made them, but the moment I update them to the complete edition the abyss stats are already bugged. 

I believe it is somehow caused by the conversion from an older version of the ps4 game to the ps5, maybe even from a ps4 update in particular, but at this point I've pretty much given up, I'm certainly not starting from scratch for that one trophy.