Tips on Boosting 1v1

fernando-seixas

• 7 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 8:02 PM, fernando-seixas said:

Just wanted to share a tip that on a 1v1 mode you can boost Knockouts, Catches and Assists.

Knockout and catches are self explanatory. To earn assists, you need to hit your oponent one time (leaving him with just one heart) and then he must die by the purple ring.

Good luck.

Thanks man ?

I haven't tried it but i think the method is turn off cross play and then change your data centre to a quiet one and then queue at the same time as your boosting partner and hope for the best. If you match just keep playing and if not back out to the hideout and try again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niamh5445 said:

I haven't tried it but i think the method is turn off cross play and then change your data centre to a quiet one and then queue at the same time as your boosting partner and hope for the best. If you match just keep playing and if not back out to the hideout and try again. 

You are correct about the quiet server and quitting if you cant find each other. Just bear in mind the game may apply a timeout (1-2 min, I believe) in your account before you can search another game again.

You only need to turn off crossplay if you have 2 consoles (not mandatory, just to improve odds of finding each other). When I did, I used PC and PS4 and boosted fine. But I reccomend a partner because its tricky to keep both players moving outside the shrinking ring.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 6:25 PM, fernando-seixas said:

You are correct about the quiet server and quitting if you cant find each other. Just bear in mind the game may apply a timeout (1-2 min, I believe) in your account before you can search another game again.

You only need to turn off crossplay if you have 2 consoles (not mandatory, just to improve odds of finding each other). When I did, I used PC and PS4 and boosted fine. But I reccomend a partner because its tricky to keep both players moving outside the shrinking ring.

Tried this method yesterday but wasn't very effective. Was constantly matching with randoms and whenever I quit pre-match it was giving me time penalties on searching for up to 15 minutes. Another thing I wasn't able to do was find a ''quiet server,'' as I didn't know this was an option. How do you browse through servers, if that is even possible?

6 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Tried this method yesterday but wasn't very effective. Was constantly matching with randoms and whenever I quit pre-match it was giving me time penalties on searching for up to 15 minutes. Another thing I wasn't able to do was find a ''quiet server,'' as I didn't know this was an option. How do you browse through servers, if that is even possible?

In your hideout, press options and the  scroll down to "More".

You'll find "Data Centers" and then you can change it to MANUAL. Then you can select a server.

Choose a location where they'll likely be asleep.

• Like 2

In my experience, the time you spend trying to arrange the conditions for a boosting game is the same if you just play the game. I tried this method to boost assists, but I ended up just playing normal matches, because it was less frustrating this way and I had fun doing that.

Sometimes you will play against very good players, but to me that's part of the game. I understand that the pressure of a closing server adds a whole level of pressure I didn't experience.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...