Wow, this one is much larger than I expected!

cobaltTangerine

I think I'm around 40 hours in and probably 1/2 way through Act 2. I've got about half of the map cleared out that opens after Act 1. Granted, I THINK I completed everything on the lower map (unless some new sort of mission pops up like clearing the farms). I've also stared using the horse a lot more to speed things up, but the overall scale of this one was pretty surprising, especially considering it is a new IP and Infamous Second Son was a pretty short game (even playing through twice for the Plat). The game also has impressively quick load screens, even on the PS4.

It definitely depends on how you play it. It will take longer if you take your time, enjoy the view and snap a few pics ??

I also have no idea where I'm gonna find the time to plat the PS4 version I own + the PS5 I now have access through PS Plus.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I also have no idea where I'm gonna find the time to plat the PS4 version I own + the PS5 I now have access through PS Plus.

I've yet to get a PS5. Probably wait until next year, I always grab consoles mid cycle. I'm assuming the PS5 trophies don't auto unlock if you finish PS4?

For me, this has been one of those games I have to be in the mood for. Sometimes I can knock out several hours at a time and sometimes I find it incredibly boring and have to drop out 5 mins into gameplay. It is a well made game, but it is one of those games that constantly wants you to slow down, watch a cutscene, follow a path of footsteps, slowly walk and listen to exposition. Oddly enough, I had a similar experience with the original Dying Light. Would love it for about an hour and then have to turn it off or move onto something different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cobaltTangerine said:

I'm assuming the PS5 trophies don't auto unlock if you finish PS4?

I'm not a fan of autopop. I would normaly just go with the PS5 version and wouldn't touch the PS4 one. But I already played the prologue on previous gen so... might work on it after I play it on PS5.

5 minutes ago, cobaltTangerine said:

For me, this has been one of those games I have to be in the mood for. 

I know exactly what you mean. I won't even touch big open world games if I'm not craving for that kind of experience.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 7:05 PM, cobaltTangerine said:

I think I'm around 40 hours in and probably 1/2 way through Act 2. I've got about half of the map cleared out that opens after Act 1. Granted, I THINK I completed everything on the lower map (unless some new sort of mission pops up like clearing the farms). I've also stared using the horse a lot more to speed things up, but the overall scale of this one was pretty surprising, especially considering it is a new IP and Infamous Second Son was a pretty short game (even playing through twice for the Plat). The game also has impressively quick load screens, even on the PS4.

Im as well surprised with the length of this game. Especially for completionists its very long. At first i was about to go after all collectibles even those which dont require to be done for any throphy, but right now im not sure anymore. As much as i adore this game there is too many games to enjoy instead collecting unnecessary stuff here.

• 2 weeks later...