What is your occupation and does it get in the way of your gaming time in any way?

Rancidweasel

I started a thread like this on the other site, but I am glad to see it here.  I really like learning more about other members.

I am a research technologist and primarily work with people who have disabling conditions.  I like my position and it's broadened my skill set and introduced me to further career possibilities.  I do a lot of data management which is fun for me. 

I don't think it gets too much into the way of my gaming...my side jobs do though.

I also work at my local yoga studio and I am a personal trainer at a YMCA.  They each have their perks, but take time away from my gaming.  :(

I'm not sure I could say anything takes out my gaming time, as playing games remains more of a hobby or occupation. 

I'm a sales rep, so spend a majority of time away from home; but on office days I also double up as a resident CB bum. 

I have recently been playing a bit more, but that is mainly because there are 2 memettes on their way, so I know that my wife will soon be telling me where I can stick my controllers and have me doing grown up stuff.

• Like 1

I'm currently finishing my thesis in Electric Engeneering, and also wok from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm. So I play mostly at nights, if I don't have much to do in the mornings I try to play but I also try to catch up on series, movies and comics. So my gaming time is quite restricted to nigths.

I do work on saturdays until 12:00 pm wich is a pain, so Sundays are the days I use to hang out, hunt trophies and chill.

Im a stack emissions tester, i generally get weekends off, sometimes i could be home for the evening or staying out in hotels, as of this moment im currently in Clonmel, Ireland and wont be back home, Manchester,Uk until 8pm friday :-(, however i may put the console on sometimes if im not tired otherwise its tv or lovefilm until weekend if im not busy. Sometimes its a blessing as i can be gaming for hours Lol

Being a McDonald's crew member definitely does get in the way of my gaming time, since I'm also attending school.

This leaves me with a mere few hours on weekends to game, and only several hours a week to game.

It's amazing that I can still even platinum games at all.

I'm studying to be a personal trainer, I'm almost qualified after I've finished my work experience, but I know it's going to affect my gaming time especially if I want to be successful in the industry. Even tho studying and working to pay for my course was stressful I still managed to spare a few hours everyday to play :)

Just being a Junior in high school sucks right now, as I'm getting pounded with homework (most gets done at lunch) and having to do a research paper AND my junior theme this term. Though the volunteer work in the spring and summer and Cross-country in the fall evens it out a bit. Through all of this, I normally turn the games on at night (around 7-8, 6 if I'm lucky).

I work shifts such as nights, earlies and lates as I work in the emergency services so I play the playstation at all different times so I probably benefit as the wife is at work etc. The only downside is if I play in the morning in the UK its quiet on the MP side of things as in the US its mainly night time  :S

Jan-Dec (year round): I am the building manager for a high-rise apartment building. 50-60hrs a week. Which is nice on days I have very little to deal with I just pop into my suite and game till I get a call.

April 1 - Oct 31 (seasonal): Head course irrigator at a rural golf course. I do all the watering, seeding, caretaking and course changes like digging new sand traps or re-sodding the greens, keeping pumps and equip (including golf carts) in working order. 40-50hrs a week.

So from April 1 - Oct 31 every year I end up putting in 90-110hrs a week! Needless to say, my gaming goes down to next to nothing during the summer, pretty much only on weekends.