What is your occupation and does it get in the way of your gaming time in any way?

Rancidweasel

I'm head manager for a design and print company.

110% stress all day every day. Deadlines, moron customers and such.

It only affects my gaming time when it has too.

On the up side, we do Alot of work for game retailers. So I've connections. :P

Just started graduate school. Recently have had a bit more time (particularly weekends), but the schedule is pretty inconsistent due to lab work.

I miss the days when I could just game hours on end. Now that I'm getting older, have a girlfriend that hates the sight of a video game console or handheld, and have more responsibilities, gaming is quickly hitting the back burner :(

Pretty much a part time job at the local mall, unloading, unpacking, managing new deliviers, 60 hours a week, most of the time from 6 a.m to 10-12 a.m or at night (extra paid, hurray).

I study Economy in Informatics at weekends, and since I attended an IT based high-school that had a shitton of basic economy, my first 4 semesters are going to be a total breeze.

I live with my parents, so food is not a problem, I pay half of the price for my studies, the other half I get from my parents. I don't buy a lot of new clothes or cosmetics, so I'm all good here. I also get some extra cash from coaching/boosting people in League of Legends. I usually get enough to get a game or two, go out with friends and buy some unhealthy things for myself each two or three days. All's good, just have to give something from yoself =D

I'm a trainee (industrial business management assistant) at a large company and thankfully it doesn't really interfere with my gaming time. I normally get home between 4 and 4.30 pm after work and I don't have to do any work at home. During the times I go to vocational school I even get home at 1.30 pm, but then I still have to do some homework and studying. But overall I have plenty of time for gaming, I can't complain :)

I'm a systems administrator at a Trauma 1 level medical center. That's a fancy way of saying I help manage electronic medical records and work with doctors and residents to ensure they are properly utilizing our various computer programs. Hate to say half of my job is cleaning up mistakes made by physicians or transcriptionists on patient records. Long second shift hours. On average I pull 45 - 50 hour work weeks which does get in the way of gaming. Until last December I was also a full time college student thus why I'm only on level 8. The one day I do get off is usually monpolized by friends, my DnD group, or family. However now that I've graduated I feel like I'm in gaming heaven.

Edited by Bucknerd

I'm a freelance Japanese interpreter/translator. I got my degree just a year ago, so I'm still getting used to the idea of working as much as I am right now. It really depends on how many offers I get, but I've been working for Toyota pretty much 8 hour days/5 day weeks for the past year, so yeah that does get in the way of my hobbies and interests quite a bit. And while I'm not complaining - it's good to have a job - sometimes I miss Uni and the ridiculous amount of free time I had back then.

I run the Aftermarket Returns dept. in an auto parts warehouse, prior to that I coached gymnastics, which Im looking to get back into doing part time.  Although I would love more time to game, it really doesnt get in the way, I dont have to be at work until 9am so I can usually stay up pretty late during the week to play.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to reply to this saying I was God, or a serial killing rapist, but I actually turn tricks for truck drivers at petrol stations.

Its a pretty awesome job once you get the technique right, you can earn around £35 every 5 minutes.   Downside is you get chapped lips.  

I suppose you could say my game interferes with my game quite a bit.

Industry: Spray painting and automation system

Umbrella: Ransburg Industry Finishing

Here's a link below, to get the idea. (but not specifically under 'Hoffman')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQNUwAvWXpo

Primarily, we can say its an office job. Since am in charge of the Purchasing and logistic bit for our company.

Coordinating things as it goes, making sure it reaches the respective ports/airport.

Once the goods are on-site, it is also my duty to make sure that the engineer get what they need/want *can be very annoying at times, as this so called 'Engineers' are acting like god/s at times.

Singapore is the buying hub for all the materials needed and our main site are in Indonesia and Malaysia. The Spray booth video on top is just the tip

of the iceberg as most Projects are with Toyota, Honda and Yamaha for those gigantic Factories of Spray booth were all things are at 90% automated.

With that in mind, the damage is done mostly on the emotional and mental side and less on the physical.

Everyday is FULL of stress working with dumb ass Engineers and very demanding boss to meet deadlines.

I find it more draining than physical workload. 

So gaming wise, during Peak Season, like beginning of the year and End of the year.

Where budgets are HIGH with these companies or GIANTS. Am limited to about 2 hours of gaming time, MAX!

provided am not tired and drain..otherwise..a sleep can be more helpful and handy. Working on a 12 hrs basis.

really sucks.. but then again during Off Peak season... I can have a healthy 4-5 hrs 'ME' time..hehe gamin'.

not everyday though... #FamilyFirst some wife time  :giggle: and during vacation days playing with my lil boy who just turned 1yr and 7mos today. :yay: 

My apology for such a looong read.! As am not satisfied with 'quickies'  :D  :eyebrow: 

Cheers!#goodvibes

-Razgriz

I'm a student, and I have classes Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday from 8:30AM until 6:30PM.

On Wednesday/Saturday classes are from 8:30 to 12:30.

So yes, it gets in my way considering that every day except Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I can only play like, 1 or 2 hours before going to bed.

Edited by TheDevilSurvivor

Wow, everyone here seems to have everything together or on their way to getting it all together. Im glad for all you guys.

I work at a warehouse from 8am - 5pm, blue collar worker and not ashamed to admit it. I like to think that my job doesnt get in the way of my gaming, but I dont really game as much as I used to, I do however leave my Vita and PS3 on most of the time but with the Music that I work on, and all the editing and Imagining that I do, I dont really have much time for gaming. Regardless, Even if its only an hour or 10 a week, I don't foresee me stopping cold turkey any time soon.