Cuphead DLC - Mini guide

Mori

Guide looks great!

For the Paladin trophy, I have been able to progress my cursed relic by defeating bosses on the first island so it might not be exclusive to island IV. I also found comments that claim you only need to beat the final boss, the Chef, with the cursed relic and it turns divine. Might need more people to work on this trophy to find out for certain. Good job on the guide and the 100%

• Like 2

Any tips on Cooked to Perfection? I’m trying the gnome guy with Chalice, I can do phase 1 and 3 without damage but 2 is a nightmare, also I used chaser and it seems my time isn’t that great, I got a B+ on expert. Time was bad and I got damaged 3 times. I think it’s ok if I get hit once right because I have 4 health with her?

21 minutes ago, Zizoo_09 said:

Guide looks great!

For the Paladin trophy, I have been able to progress my cursed relic by defeating bosses on the first island so it might not be exclusive to island IV. I also found comments that claim you only need to beat the final boss, the Chef, with the cursed relic and it turns divine. Might need more people to work on this trophy to find out for certain. Good job on the guide and the 100%

Where do you track the progress for cursed relic?

33 minutes ago, JethrowRogueSZ2 said:

Where do you track the progress for cursed relic?

The icon for the cursed relic changed, I've got a vertical line going through the eye now. Not really sure what that represents in terms of progression though. My best guess for how this works is that you can play on any difficulty but you get less points towards upgrading the relic on the lower difficulties.

Just now, enaysoft said:

If you buy the DLC. Can you just go to this new island whenever you like. Also is the new character playable in the main base game?

I'm not sure how far in you have to go to unlock it, but basically, there will be a boat on Isle I, II, III & IV that lets you fast travel to Isle I, II, III & IV.

The character (Ms. Chalice) just takes up the charm slot and as far I can tell can be used on any level in the game. Honestly, I feel like her double jump might make some of the levels/bosses (especially for Pacifists) a lot easier than Cuphead/Mugman.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zizoo_09 said:

The icon for the cursed relic changed, I've got a vertical line going through the eye now. Not really sure what that represents in terms of progression though. My best guess for how this works is that you can play on any difficulty but you get less points towards upgrading the relic on the lower difficulties.

Just did two bosses on first isle and got the same icon. Yea I actually don't think it specifically tied to the fourth isle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

If you buy the DLC. Can you just go to this new island whenever you like. Also is the new character playable in the main base game?

New Island, Isle 4 can be accessed from two locations

First mausoleum grey building, complete it. Interact with the new guy.

Isle 3, the turtle location near Cala Maria boss location. Interact with this new guy to reach the dlc Isle.

Yes you can play Ms. Chalice in the base game.

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 3

Finally 100%ed

For s-rank i went to the First boss bottom left. Mainly used the charge gun

Make sure u Parry in each Phase, that ruined like 5-6 runs for me allways missing 1

Btw there is a coin behind the bakery if not allready mentioned

10 hours ago, Zizoo_09 said:

Guide looks great!

I beat the final boss, the Chef, on Regular difficulty with the Cursed Relic first and the trophy did not pop.

People confirmed you can beat any bosses in the game, main game and DLC, to get progress on the Paladin trophy. I am going to edit my post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mori said:

People confirmed you can beat any bosses in the game, main game and DLC, to get progress on the Paladin trophy. I am going to edit my post.

Got mine after defeating 7 bosses on normal and so did @Legchomper it seems so that might be the definite number you're looking for. Not sure how many it would take on expert or simple however.

• Like 2

I have the cursed relic equipped. Beat bosses on simple, regular and even expert but the icon didn't change.

Had trouble with the 9HP trophy as well.

EDIT: Simple mode didn't work for me. On the second regular win the icon updated. Did the rest of the bosses on regular and got the Paladin trophy.

Edited by Alchemised

11 hours ago, Legchomper said:

I got Paladin from doing these bosses on regular mode 

Root Pack
Goopy
Cagney
Ribby and Croaks
Von Bon Bon
Beppi
Sally Stageplay

Did you use the genie wish?

1 hour ago, Derqaboo said:

So I went for the 9hp trophy, summoned the genie and then used the charm to gain three more hp which gave me 9, beat the boss without getting hit and nothing...so if you have to have more than 9hp, that is misleading.

What I did was:

Summon Genie

Use the Twin Heart Charm

Fight King Dice, have a heart on fight 3 and/or fight 4.

Don't lose a heart, you'll earn the trophy in the fight 4 (Domino)

4 hours ago, Alchemised said:

I have the cursed relic equipped. Beat bosses on simple, regular and even expert but the icon didn't change.

Had trouble with the 9HP trophy as well.

EDIT: Simple mode didn't work for me. On the second regular win the icon updated. Did the rest of the bosses on regular and got the Paladin trophy.

how many Regular bosses did you defeat?

Did you use the Genie wish?

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Did you use the genie wish?

What I did was:

Summon Genie

Use the Twin Heart Charm

Fight King Dice, have a heart on fight 3 and/or fight 4.

Don't lose a heart, you'll earn the trophy in the fight 4 (Domino)

how many Regular bosses did you defeat?

Did you use the Genie wish?

I got it by having the 9hp with genie wish and charm. I got my first extra heart from roulette board, fought a boss and got hit 4 times. Got a second heart off the roulette and the trophy popped.

Edited by Derqaboo

There's still some uncertainty how the upgrading from Cursed Relic to Divine Relic works. I'd also advice to speak to the ghost next to the graveyard and make sure that his dialogue is exhausted. It is also not clear when the icon of the Relic changes, it could be the case that only after a certain amount of bosses (also depending on which difficulty) are defeated while the Relic is equipped, the icon changes.

One other note. The Divine Relic doubles the damage, it spawns a spirit of your character and also shoots when you shoot, making the S-Rank on a boss on Isle IV easier. I'd recommend Esther Winchester (High-Noon Hoopla) boss, because the Divinie Relic still randomizes your weapons. Against Esther Winchester you only have your normal bullets and bombs, so the randomizing effect has minimum effect on your performance and minimizes RNG. You can also easily get the no-minion kill trophy there, since only her first phase spawns 1 minion at a time that can be killed.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

On 2022. 07. 01. at 3:10 AM, Legchomper said:

Any tips on Cooked to Perfection? I’m trying the gnome guy with Chalice, I can do phase 1 and 3 without damage but 2 is a nightmare, also I used chaser and it seems my time isn’t that great, I got a B+ on expert. Time was bad and I got damaged 3 times. I think it’s ok if I get hit once right because I have 4 health with her?

Use Roundabout and stay in the middle.Watch out the floor and dash the ball if needed.

On 2022. 07. 01. at 2:08 AM, Mori said:

You basically power-up the Cursed Relic everytime you defeat a boss. It is also confirmed that you can do it on Simple difficulty, however the progress is slower and you have to defeat more bosses than if you do them on Regular difficulty.

On Regular You need to beat 8 7 bosses.

Edited by SiC

35 minutes ago, SiC said:

On Regular You need to beat 8 bosses.

It worked for me doing 7 bosses on regular. I did

Root Pack, Goopy le Grande, Cagney Carnation,  Ribby and Croaks, Wally Warbles, Phantom Express and Captain Brineybeard. The Paladin trophy popped as soon as the 7th boss was defeated with the charm equipped, and it automatically became the Divine relic in my inventory 

• Like 2

For the S rank i did it on Moonshine Mob. I used in first phase Charge shot all the time while avoiding everything and making sure i got the parry's. Second phase and 3rd phase i switched to crackshot so you can move around easy and still hit your shots. Use the turret all the time when its ready with crackshot. As special power i used the Heart Ring (new dlc charm) charm so you get a extra life on your parry so you can get hit once and still have your S rank. Timer was 2min - 3 lifes - 3 parry's and 6 supers used for S rank. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Belmont85-
  • Like 1

Simple won't upgrade the relic aside from getting the Heart ring charm effect after defeating the 3rd boss which doesn't count toward the trophy. I have beaten 13 bosses on Simple and the cursed charm didn't upgrade at all. The only way to fully upgrade it is by defeating 8 bosses or Regular or maybe less on Expert. Every 2 bosses you defeat will upgrade it a little to give you extra effects like the smoke bomb charm.

• Like 1