Cuphead DLC - Mini guide

Mori

7 hours ago, Heather342 said:

It worked for me doing 7 bosses on regular. I did

Root Pack, Goopy le Grande, Cagney Carnation,  Ribby and Croaks, Wally Warbles, Phantom Express and Captain Brineybeard. The Paladin trophy popped as soon as the 7th boss was defeated with the charm equipped, and it automatically became the Divine relic in my inventory 

I also did 7 bosses all on Regular: Root Pack, Goopy, Cagney, Ribby and Croaks, Von Bon Bon, Brineybeard, and Grim Matchstick. Paladin popped right after beating the 7th boss.

However, after beating 4 bosses on Regular I switched to Simple and beat about 3 or 4 bosses but nothing happened, so I switched back to Regular for the last 3.

Edit: If I defeated a few bosses on Simple with the Cursed Relic, but Paladin still also only popped after defeating 7 bosses on Regular like it did for Heather342, then perhaps defeating bosses on Simple does not contribute to Paladin?

Edited by BusyFace13
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Heather342 said:

It worked for me doing 7 bosses on regular. I did

Root Pack, Goopy le Grande, Cagney Carnation,  Ribby and Croaks, Wally Warbles, Phantom Express and Captain Brineybeard. The Paladin trophy popped as soon as the 7th boss was defeated with the charm equipped, and it automatically became the Divine relic in my inventory 

My bad, I counted Hilda too!

• Like 1

I updated the guide that Simple difficulty does not unlock the trophy. The amount of bosses is still unclear to me. I am pretty sure I only beat 6 bosses, others said they beat 8 or 7. Maybe the progress differs depending on which bosses you defeat. At least we know that the difficulty has to be Regular or Expert.

• Like 2

Yeah, it was 8 Regular Bosses for me. Had done 3 before on Easy difficulty and nothing.

I defeated

• The Root Pack

• Goopy Le Grande

• Hilda Berg
• Cagney Carnation

• Ribby and Croaks

• Baroness Von Bon Bon

• Djimmi The Great

• Wally Warbles

2 wins it had 1 line on the charm icon.

4 wins had 3 lines on the charm icon. 

6 wins had 5 lines on the charm icon.

8 wins had a ton of lines on the charm icon & upgraded it to the Divine Relic.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Which boss is best for S rank?

I did Bootlegger Boogie No damage , 3 parries 6 super meters. But got A-

IMO Glumstone or Moonshine Mob. MM is an easier boss, but I can't finish the stage in time (2:09 wasn't fast enough).Glumstone isn't bad too, just need a bit luck for phase 2.

Edited by SiC

18 hours ago, Belmont85- said:

For the S rank i did it on Moonshine Mob. I used in first phase Charge shot all the time while avoiding everything and making sure i got the parry's. Second phase and 3rd phase i switched to crackshot so you can move around easy and still hit your shots. Use the turret all the time when its ready with crackshot. As special power i used the Heart Ring (new dlc charm) charm so you get a extra life on your parry so you can get hit once and still have your S rank. Timer was 2min - 3 lifes - 3 parry's and 6 supers used for S rank. Good luck everyone!

Thanks I used this method to get my S rank and finish off the last trophy I needed

1 hour ago, SiC said:

IMO Glumstone or Moonshine Mob. MM is an easier boss, but I can't finish the stage in time (2:09 wasn't fast enough).Glumstone isn't bad too, just need a bit luck for phase 2.

Just did it in Glumstone boss. Used the Boomerang shot for first 2 phases then crackshot on final phase. Got a time of 01:37

• Like 1

I’ve tried yours and couple of different methods for hearty trophy, however none of them work. What got me the trophy is this:

Equip double heart charm and do Djimmi exploit. Go to Dice King make sure the 1st heart is on 2nd spot, get hit once and finish the stage, after that roll the dice on a 2nd heart stage, the trophy should pop. 

Edited by xDevilizer

21 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

For Paladin, has anyone used the Djimmi trick to get the extra health?

U can , u can only get 2 HP not 9 HP to start the fight.

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Griffon234 said:

Based, even 1 HP is a good boost in itself. Thanks!

Plus dlc boss counts as +2 and base game boss +1 for paladin run, i thought it was 8 regular boss fights.

I defeated -

Captain Briney 

Rootpack 

Goopy 

Hilda 

Cagney 

Baroness 

Moonshine Mob (Used my first Genie wish for moonshine Mob)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Plus dlc boss counts as +2 and base game boss +1 for paladin run, i thought it was 8 regular boss fights.

I defeated -

Captain Briney 

Rootpack 

Goopy 

Hilda 

Cagney 

Baroness 

Moonshine Mob (Used my first Genie wish for moonshine Mob)

Not sure what to think - from what I've gathered in this thread, that it's only 7 and flying levels didn't count? But you have a flying level in yours too. Interesting.

1 hour ago, Griffon234 said:

Not sure what to think - from what I've gathered in this thread, that it's only 7 and flying levels didn't count? But you have a flying level in yours too. Interesting.

I did mine in a flying level. I did Wally Warbles as my 7th one and the trophy popped at the end of the level once the knockout screen showed

I’ve got the Paladin trophy by using the Dijimmi trick, which is to spin around yourself three times on the world map. It grants you 2HP instead of one, plus parrying gives you extra health. After beating a boss, redo the trick, beat another boss, rinse and repeat.

If I were you, I would get this trophy ASAP, the devs may patch it if they consider it as an exploit.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1