Cuphead DLC - Mini guide

Mori

48 minutes ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

I've written and submitted a guide for both DLC lists, which should hopefully be approved soon :) a lot of great information in this thread, particularly the pickup by @zulqarmessi that DLC bosses count for +2 for the Paladin trophy (I have credited you in the guide for this note).

Thanks @coldhardcrash_ ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’ve got the Paladin trophy by using the Dijimmi trick, which is to spin around yourself three times on the world map. It grants you 2HP instead of one, plus parrying gives you extra health. After beating a boss, redo the trick, beat another boss, rinse and repeat.

If I were you, I would get this trophy ASAP, the devs may patch it if they consider it as an exploit.

How many times can I use the Dijimmi trick? Someone told me that it can be used for only three times.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:08 PM, Mori said:

The Divine Relic doubles the damage, it spawns a spirit of your character and also shoots when you shoot, making the S-Rank on a boss on Isle IV easier.

Im confused by this, I have the divine relic and it seems to do none of those thing. Am i using it wrong? I have the paladin trophy so im assuming its fully upgraded

Which DLC boss would you recommend me to go for S Rank against? I've tried with Esther Winchester, but I find that fight to be so damn hard. I'm doing well against The Howling Aces up until the last part with the laser satellites, which I find a bit bullshitty since you have very little control over the plane you stand on, and sometimes those lasers just shoot right where you are, with no chance of moving away. 

57 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Which DLC boss would you recommend me to go for S Rank against? I've tried with Esther Winchester, but I find that fight to be so damn hard. I'm doing well against The Howling Aces up until the last part with the laser satellites, which I find a bit bullshitty since you have very little control over the plane you stand on, and sometimes those lasers just shoot right where you are, with no chance of moving away. 

I'd personally recommend The Howling Aces (that's the one I ended up doing) as Ms. Chalice with a Crackshot/Converge loadout and Super Art 2. 

Get through the first two phases without being hit (not too difficult with some practice) and use your Super Art 2 at the start of the third phase, which will give you an extra hit to take if you need it. In the laser sections, try to stay in the middle of the plane to stop it tilting too far either way and keep an eye on the lines that show up on the screen indicating where the lasers will hit. It's only a small window of opportunity to move out of the way and sometimes just crouching helps as well in certain situations. You can also dodge roll with Ms. Chalice if you have the space to roll into.

I personally had more trouble with the part where the screen turns, but I found that keeping the R-controls in their default setting (type A) and literally tilting my head in the direction of the turn made those two sections a lot easier ? Good luck!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maahniac said:

Would the secret phase in the Howling Aces be easier to do? The screen doesn't tilt on that one and there are no lasers. You just have to dodge pineapples

16 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

I'd personally recommend The Howling Aces (that's the one I ended up doing) as Ms. Chalice with a Crackshot/Converge loadout and Super Art 2. 

Get through the first two phases without being hit (not too difficult with some practice) and use your Super Art 2 at the start of the third phase, which will give you an extra hit to take if you need it. In the laser sections, try to stay in the middle of the plane to stop it tilting too far either way and keep an eye on the lines that show up on the screen indicating where the lasers will hit. It's only a small window of opportunity to move out of the way and sometimes just crouching helps as well in certain situations. You can also dodge roll with Ms. Chalice if you have the space to roll into.

I personally had more trouble with the part where the screen turns, but I found that keeping the R-controls in their default setting (type A) and literally tilting my head in the direction of the turn made those two sections a lot easier 1f606.png Good luck!

Thank you so much man! Using her Super Art 2 was what finally did the trick for me! Phew, I'm glad that's over! 

9 hours ago, Heather342 said:

Would the secret phase in the Howling Aces be easier to do? The screen doesn't tilt on that one and there are no lasers. You just have to dodge pineapples

I just looked it up, I had no idea that even existed! Thank you! This DLC is amazing! It looks hard though, with those pineapples exploding into smaller projectiles. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Wish I was good enough to complete Cuphead. I managed to do Inkwell Isle I on a backup account, and the artwork/design is beyond incredible, but even with practise I never felt like I was getting better at this game. May try again, as I'd love this completion. 

I'd recommend playing with the new character Ms. Chalice and the new weapon Crackshot. Ms. Chalice has a double jump and when I did some of the earlier bosses of the main game it felt so much easier. The new weapon Crackshot makes fighting bosses even easier because you don't have to aim and can just focus on the enemy projectiles and hazards.

I am unsure if this has been mentioned but there is a super easy way du unlock hearty. Play as Mrs.Chalice and use the Dschinni. This way you can start with 8HP. Afterwards start the King Dice fight. Roll the Dice, stop on the first heart boss fight. (Should be 3 ). Now you will start the fight with 9 hearts, Just kill the boss without getting hit. Boss is super easy just use crackshot, jump left and right once he spawns on the other side and avoid his fire rings.

Once you are back outside, you will spawn with 5HP, this is not true so don’t get confused. The last thing you need to do is land on another heart field (again three as far as I remember ). You don‘t even need to fight the trophy pops right away. 

Might get patched I am not sure. 

Cheers, Davy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ashesheart said:

I think the trophy that require to beat 10 bosses with Ms Chalice is bugued for me. I beat all the bosses on Isle IV on simple and regular difficulty, finish king's challenge, beat 3 boss on expert, etc and still no trophy for me...

I think you have to beat 10 different bosses, so you’ll have to go back to the base game bosses to get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashesheart said:

I think the trophy that require to beat 10 bosses with Ms Chalice is bugued for me. I beat all the bosses on Isle IV on simple and regular difficulty, finish king's challenge, beat 3 boss on expert, etc and still no trophy for me...

Just beat 10 different bosses from the Isle 1,2,3 in simple mode.

Trophy will pop don't worry.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

I am unsure if this has been mentioned but there is a super easy way du unlock hearty. Play as Mrs.Chalice and use the Dschinni. This way you can start with 8HP. Afterwards start the King Dice fight. Roll the Dice, stop on the first heart boss fight. (Should be 3 ). Now you will start the fight with 9 hearts, Just kill the boss without getting hit. Boss is super easy just use crackshot, jump left and right once he spawns on the other side and avoid his fire rings.

This method should theoretically work too. I think the trophy description is a bit misleading in that the requirement seems to be to have 9HP at one point during a boss battle that you win, regardless if you get hit or not (I got hit once in the first King Dice fight and still got the trophy when I landed on a heart tile). 

4 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Once you are back outside, you will spawn with 5HP, this is not true so don’t get confused. The last thing you need to do is land on another heart field (again three as far as I remember ). You don‘t even need to fight the trophy pops right away. 

Might get patched I am not sure. 

Nothing to get confused about, the 5HP is true. The Djimmi Wish runs out after winning a boss fight, so whatever HP you were given (4HP in this case with Ms. Chalice) is taken away and the extra 1HP is from the heart you landed before starting the boss fight. 

1 hour ago, Ashesheart said:

As others said, just go back to Isle I and defeat some bosses with Ms. Chalice and it should work fine. Assuming you defeated all of Isle IV's bosses (including the final boss), you'll have six so far so only four more are needed. The mini-bosses in the King's Gauntlet don't count towards this trophy. 

6 hours ago, Mathieumatic said:

Hearty and Golden Touch trophies are glitched for me.

Are you sure you're doing them right? 

For Hearty, make sure you follow this step by step and it should work without any issues (this is straight from the trophy guide I've written that should be up soon):

1. Equip the Twin Heart charm.
  2. In the overworld, spin three times to activate the Djimmi Wish, which doubles your health. 
  3. Go to Inkwell Isle III and enter the fight against King Dice. You will enter the fight with 9HP, as shown below. Important: Ensure that there isn't a heart on the first tile to make this process easier. If there is, simply pause and retry until the heart moves to a different location. The image below is a good example of the layout you should be looking for. 

9d41ce.jpg
  4. Land on the tile before the tile with the heart (Tile 1 in the above screenshot), and defeat the mini-boss. Contrary to some comments online, you can get hit in this fight and still pop the trophy afterwards.
  5. Once you defeat the boss (your health will now drop to 5HP, as the Djimmi Wish wears off after defeating a boss), parry the dice to land on the tile with the heart (Tile 2 in the above screenshot) and the trophy should pop. 

I've tried that on two accounts now and it's worked fine. If it doesn't, try the method that @DavySuicide has posted above. 

As for Golden Touch, the knockout hit has to be with one of Ms. Chalice's Super Arts (either Super Art 1 or 3). The easiest way to pop this trophy would be to fight against either The Root Pack or Goopy Le Grande in Isle I on Simple difficulty, and trying to time the knockout hit with a Super Art in the final phase. This may take a few tries as there isn't a health bar for visual indication but should work after some trial and error. Good luck! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashesheart said:

King's Challenge doesn't count. Go back to Isle I, II and III and beat up some bosses on simple and it will pop.

The "legit", albeit harder way to get Hearty is to equip the new charm that gives you extra HP for the 1st, 3rd and 6th parry and the Crackshot weapon. Then go to king dice, land on the 1st heart field, beat the boss without losing any HP. During the dice roll you can use the Crackshot's EX attack, which involves parrying which counts for the extra HP given by the charm. Basically you have to beat 2 bosses without losing any HP and that should you enough time to build 6 EX attacks. Just make sure you don't get 5 cards at once because that forces you to use the Super Art attack. Repeat with the 2nd heart field and when you land on the 3rd heart field you'll get the trophy.