Boosting on this Site is like Limbo

HamiTosh

Boosting with other people on this site mirrors more or less exactly what way the society is driving towards:

1. Self-Centrism

2.Impatience

3.Throw-away Ideology

4.Lack of respect

5.Intention of least effort

1: It no secret the being social in todays times dereases more and more, but especially this reflects in the boosting.

People refusing mics when its needed, people crashing others sessions taking over the lead, joining said sessions not willing to put thei stupid ego in the background.

Joining in there just to throw around "i need this and that trophy", and after the ding leaving instantly.

2:We live in a fast pace world, shouldnt gaming be relaxed and slowed? No, according to most people who boost, they join and instantly want to boost the same day,not caring that u have a job, family and other duties

3:This is in addition to point No2, dont like that others are not jobless and play 247? No, problem throw them away,some people make it even clear that "they can find other players and dont care about u"

This is really funny, some people came crawling back to me, if my expertise in a game didnt mean anything to them, why do they get pissed when I dont wanna waste my time with them?

4:This add to all points from before. Someone who takes time to organize sessions, making orders, and keeping a structure for the whole thing , should deserve a little more respect.

How many times do i see some people attacking players in my session, just because they cant get along with each other, surely u dont have to agree with everything,but if u can put back ur ego then don do boosting with others

5: Joining someones session to get the trophies? But hell what trophies are we even talking about? people should at least inform themselves before hand on what is gonna be done, dont expect anyone to carry u or take u by the hand 

And yes I see it coming most people who will criticize me now, are the ones who feel triggered by these above points.

So humans are humans?

"Society" has always had plenty of people like the ones explained here. It's a myth that everyone had manners or respect for other people at any point in time.

The trick is to expect what has been ranted about here and plan ahead for how you'll deal with it so you're prepared and it doesn't impact your session for the majority of other people you'll find who don't act like that.

• Like 1

I very rarely use sessions here because I thankfully have a dedicated group for all my trophy needs. However, on the rare occasions I do host/join a session, I've been met with nothing but pleasant members who're willing to help (even some that don't need the trophies join to assist).

My suggestion is to just be patient. If you meet a few decent players, add them as friends to keep from always needing randos.

• Like 1

I've only ever used the sessions on this site twice and one was a pleasant experience and the other was just... a tad weird (not bad, just weird).

I don't boost at all since I prefer to play legit and wouldn't enjoy sitting around trading wins for a couple hours xD so that's probably the main reason I don't use sessions on a site like this. There are sometimes people looking for online teammates or co-op partners, but more often than not its people looking to boost multiplayer and that's not something I seek so I don't check them out much.

My first experience was a nice one, I may have even went a little overboard with helping everyone else out with a lot more, but they seemed a nice crowd so I didn't mind going that little bit extra to make sure everyone got whatever else they wanted/needed (even though I felt like I was so done with the game by that point xD). They would have been fine for me to leave since I fulfilled the obligations of the session, we were meant to be going for one thing and we all did that one thing, everyone else just needed a lot more and I thought I'd stick around to help out since they were having a tough time with the other stuff anyway.

I enjoyed it, despite being over the game by that point we had some good fun and it felt nice seeing everyone else's success.

My 2nd experience was another co-op one but this time I had already done all the things the person was looking for (everything can actually be done solo, it's just easier in co-op). I just had some arbitrary grinds I wanted to finish up for some rewards so I thought I could just help some random people who need a carry and all those grind numbers will come naturally as I help. I messaged a session host and nothing... guys sessions was seemingly empty, but hey, maybe he's already found someone off-site and didn't come back to end the session or whatever. I moved on and helped out some other people. About a week later (after I'd finished my grinds) I noticed they had put up a new session again, seems like they're still searching for someone, hmm... if only they had someone, where oh where could they find someone... ?

I don't know if they ever got the help they wanted and I wonder how many offers they got since that they've blanked. I did once check their profile and see they hadn't got it months later (I was browsing my messages for a screenshot someone sent me way back and stumbled across the message I sent that guy, got curious if they finally did it but nope lol).

I just found it weird, multiple sessions but ignored any response volunteering to help and never got it done xD

Why host a session and never check your messages? 

But those are basically the only personal experiences I've had, nothing negative really. 

Thing is, I've always heard comments about sessions just like OP and that's always the general picture I have of trophy hunters/boosters on sites like this but come to think of it I've never actually heard many personal examples of sessions like that from people I know or even from browsing this forum. There will be 1 or 2 extreme examples someone will vent about but for the most part I wonder if the reputation of sessions in places like this is even true. Seems quite a couple of replies here suggest mostly positive interactions.

From the outside looking in I've always assumed to worst, but maybe it's not all bad after all.

Now just wait for all the negative posts to come flooding in right after I say that and prove me wrong xD

5 hours ago, HamiTosh said:

Boosting with other people on this site mirrors more or less exactly what way the society is driving towards:

1. Self-Centrism

2.Impatience

3.Throw-away Ideology

4.Lack of respect

5.Intention of least effort

On the contrary, I've met lots and lots of people willing to help others even when they are done with trophies. Maybe you just have had bad luck. I think I've only met one person in my whole trophy hunting career who straight up left the group after getting their trophy. 

I’ve only used the sessions a handful of times, so probably not a big enough sampling pool. But from that limited experience I’ve found it to be a positive one. In the sessions I have been in, I have had no problem sticking in till the end to ensure everyone gets what they came for and for the most part the other players have been the same.

First class trouble ( not sure if I’ve remebered the right name of game, but the free to play one that came out beginning of the year) is a session that sticks in the mind. I got what I needed after about three hours, but I ended up staying with the group of randoms for nearly 8 hours straight to make sure they all got what they needed. And a couple of others did the same.

there was one chap in the group who wasn’t helping with the voting trophies. When we figured out who it was, rather than a big argument, there was a discussion about what was happening. He basically told us it was him not voting, and the reason he gave as to why was because he didn’t like seeing other people winning or do well. Nobody started raging or swearing etc. In fact, There was almost a humourous discussion as to why that might be and after a few mins of this convo he was on board and helping like the rest of us.

like I said, a very small sampling pool compared to others experiences no doubt. But what little experience I have had of the sessions, they’ve been very good.