Online Shutdown on 1st September 2022

pewiha

On 2022-07-02 at 6:15 AM, Varhur said:

Why there's gotta be this type of comment on every single shutdown thread.

Especially when it’s a game mode that’s tedious af to do so procrastinating on it makes sense. I have a few plats in single player games that took me over 8 years to get around to finishing. These types of trophies are so dumb. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MD_91 said:

Probably because the very next comment after yours is someone wanting to ask Ubisoft to delay the shutdown by a month 

Oh no, the horror. An inquiry. Nobody suffers like billion dollar corporations needing to put up with such toxicity! 

who fucking cares lmao, good god people are soft. A simple question justifies being a contrarian? Yeah okay. 

Just now, Elvick_ said:

who fucking cares lmao, good god people are soft. A simple question justifies being a contrarian? Yeah okay. 

It’s mostly people who dwell on social media and gripe over the most trivial, nonsensical of things that mean little to nothing in the real world. 

I blame the internet for making people soft.

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Oh no, the horror. An inquiry. Nobody suffers like billion dollar corporations needing to put up with such toxicity! 

When does making a petition or trying to get in touch with the company ever make a difference in these situations? It's a 9 year old game, 2 months notice is perfectly reasonable compared to what a lot of games get.

Not sure why you're going on about toxicity and people being soft.

9 hours ago, darkjjda said:

Regarding the recently announced ubisoft games servers closure I have an awesomeness level 8 how doable is for me to get the online trophy? 

What really matters is how much of that level 8 you did in online challenges so far.

You need 6000 points total for lvl 11 and you can get max 4134 points in offline content.

That means you need 1866 awesomeness points online for a trophy

5 minutes ago, Moomba said:

If this has been answered elsewhere, I apologize, but does this affect all versions of the game, or just the PS3 version? I wouldn't mind getting one of the 3 plats but I have not played the game.

They only announced shutdown of Ps3/X360/WiiU versions.

If you want just one plat for the game do PS4 version. It's lowest rarity plat with easiest online (most populated nowadays).

It's also a great game if you don't mind some of that online daily grind.

1 hour ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

They only announced shutdown of Ps3/X360/WiiU versions.

If you want just one plat for the game do PS4 version. It's lowest rarity plat with easiest online (most populated nowadays).

It's also a great game if you don't mind some of that online daily grind.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve been slightly interested in the Rayman games so I might give it a try.

16 hours ago, Zbir_Vladimir said:

What really matters is how much of that level 8 you did in online challenges so far.

You need 6000 points total for lvl 11 and you can get max 4134 points in offline content.

That means you need 1866 awesomeness points online for a trophy

i havent finished the game completly and have some cups will check how many

Just realized I'm repeating myself in this topic, but for me an extra month would make a huge difference.

There has been an instance where a shutdown was extended to meet a minimum time of 90 days, but I can't remember off the top of my head which game or publisher. Probably first-party as I think Sony is the only one who "commits" (however softly) to minimum 90 days.

EDIT: OK, below is what I found. If anyone has physical packaging for any of the games on the shutdown list it might be interesting to see if Ubi commits to anything similar. Might be a leg to stand on.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/sony-breaks-its-own-promise-on-warhawk-server-shutdown-timing/

Edited by RNumbers

On 7/4/2022 at 2:12 AM, Moomba said:

If this has been answered elsewhere, I apologize, but does this affect all versions of the game, or just the PS3 version? I wouldn't mind getting one of the 3 plats but I have not played the game.

just the ps3 version. vita and ps4 is safe.

Edited by Lordguwa

3 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

If this is really worst you encountered you should consider yourself lucky.

fair enough lmao, guess I don't run into that many trophies like this 

Edited by Porch

27 minutes ago, navidramhormuzi said:

Is there somewhere in the game where I can see all the points / cups gathered from daily / weekly challenges ONLY, and not all cups in total?

Not really, you can count them one by one from each room and subtract from total or figure out how many you have from singleplayer. (it's easy when you max out campain as it is there somewhere in threads/guides)

On 7/10/2022 at 11:13 PM, Porch said:

Truly Awesome legit has to be one of the worst trophies ever conceived. Were they even thinking it through at all when they came up with it? lmao

They probably weren't expecting tryhards who have Awesomeness 11 continuously playing the game and making diamond cups nearly impossible to get on daily/weekly challenges. The grind would be so much better if access to challenges were cut off once you reach Awesomeness 11.

I won't even try for it on the PS3 version, but will continue on PSVita (where getting a silver cup is hard) and hopefully get done before September 1.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2022 at 5:13 AM, Porch said:

Truly Awesome legit has to be one of the worst trophies ever conceived. Were they even thinking it through at all when they came up with it? lmao

I did it years ago and it wasn't that bad for me. Took like 15-20 minutes everyday before playing other games, and having to do different challenges each time made the experience more varied. Still a tedious Trophy, but I'd take that 1000 times over an actual grind where you do the exact same thing for hours and hours.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 10:51 PM, POEman553 said:

They probably weren't expecting tryhards who have Awesomeness 11 continuously playing the game and making diamond cups nearly impossible to get on daily/weekly challenges. The grind would be so much better if access to challenges were cut off once you reach Awesomeness 11.

I won't even try for it on the PS3 version, but will continue on PSVita (where getting a silver cup is hard) and hopefully get done before September 1.

i actually am playing it on the Vita version and it's been very annoying. I might honestly just give up and deal with just having an unobtainable (lord knows I already have enough of those). Although I don't believe they said they were shutting down the Vita version, but I can't imagine it won't get shut down lol

Edited by Porch

32 minutes ago, Porch said:

I might honestly just give up

i wouldn't give up yet on the vita version. it's not on the chopping block yet to lose it's online.

however getting golds will get harder as less vita players play raymen legends.

• Like 1