Easy solve to "The Hands of Time" puzzles

DarknessKey92

I kinda just wanted to make this topic to help people that are struggling(Oh trust me there are people struggling like crazy over this puzzle)

I tried to solve this puzzle on my own, but the issue's that it's very time consuming(You can pause the game to help give u a fixed amount of time on  the puzzle, while u try to figure it out).

I used a notebook and had to draw the clock with all the numbers in the same order, but it would honestly take me over 1 hour to solve the 12 digit clock. Even after figuring the pattern out you'll still struggle. On a count that you feel confused on which digit should be first or last.

I have the strategy guide, but no matter how many times I Re-read it, I still struggle to figure this puzzle out.

To top it off, the puzzle is generated in random, including when "Retry" is pressed.

This is the most frustrating thing in the game for me, I did not even have this much trouble with getting the "Lucky Coin" Fragment @ Serendipity's Slot Machine. At least there is progress going on in the machine instead of me spending 30min - 1 hour trying to figure this out, by testing many examples & patterns on my desk.

Okay well now that I got that out of the way I'll tell you how to solve it:

1. Go here:

http://clockpuzzle.pl/

2. On the boxes in the top, type the clock's digits starting from the "Top" working "Clockwise".

352rhah.jpg

For Example here's a image i got from google that i'm going to use..

You would type the "6" that's on the top first, then continue Clockwise (towards the right) until you finally input the last "2" that's next to the "6's left side".

To clarify better you would be typing 651421642152 in the top boxes.

3. The site auto-solves the puzzle based on how many digits you input, and is kind enough to show you where to start, while displaying arrows marking your next step.

2czx21.jpg

Here's a screen cap I took to show you.

4. The solution would be to start with "4" then 4, 2, 1...etc till it ends @ the "Top 6", so memorize where you start and go "step by step"(Remember u can pause, and even if the numbers are blur from pausing. You can still know which number is which based on the color).

Well that's it, sorry for rambling/typing soo much. I tend to be horrible at explaining things. I kinda just wanted to share what i found, since this puzzle was just frustrating & wasting so much of my time. I'm sure some people have learned about this site, but probably haven't shared it with others...so i wanted to share it on a count that i know how it feels trying to do it the hard way.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 3

Ya, I wrote a long satirical post over at .org that was basically a fictitious board meeting over at Squeenix where I poked a lot of fun at how they made a children's game that is so mind-numbingly easy to play through except decided to throw in some puzzles that are pretty much impossible to solve without the help of graphing paper and quantum calculators (yes it's hyperbole).

I wonder how much rarer the plat would be if the automated websites didn't exist.

Wow excellent post, I'm sure this will save people a lot of time. I never had too much trouble with these puzzles myself, I had to retry a bunch of time on the big ones but nothing frustrating, I always missed one number or two. The trick is always going for the highest number first, and then try to pick numbers were one hand falls into a blank spot and the other on a number (so you only have one option).

Is not flawless but thats what helped me trhough it. I started solving the smaller ones on a paper but I found it was funnier to just try and retry.

Still, this site will help a lot of people, nice one.

I don't like searching for answers of puzzles on the internet. However these forced you to.

They are really impossible without just finding the answer by luck. The puzzles are with a time limit and they change completely when you fail. So you can't calculate all possibilities.(Unless you write it down and pause to cheat out of the time limit).

I don't like searching for answers of puzzles on the internet. However these forced you to.

They are really impossible without just finding the answer by luck. The puzzles are with a time limit and they change completely when you fail. So you can't calculate all possibilities.(Unless you write it down and pause to cheat out of the time limit).

You can calculate possibilities while solving the puzzle, since there is no unique way to solve one. Althought there are ways to screw the puzzle with your first step, but that all comes with experience.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had no trouble with this puzzle :giggle:

Yeah, I didn't either... :S but I'm into puzzle games.

but

Ya, I wrote a long satirical post over at .org that was basically a fictitious board meeting over at Squeenix where I poked a lot of fun at how they made a children's game that is so mind-numbingly easy to play through except decided to throw in some puzzles that are pretty much impossible to solve without the help of graphing paper and quantum calculators (yes it's hyperbole).

I wonder how much rarer the plat would be if the automated websites didn't exist.

is right about it being a children's game though, because that's all I could think about when it comes to how the characters talked to each, as if some 12 years old was supposed to listen to them. :S

I honestly thought it was a harder :platinum:  than FFXIII, but that doesn't say much.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If you would like to solve them yourself but hate the timer you can use the xmb to pause and still see the entire puzzle. Or just stop one step from the puzzle and plan out your first couple moved before starting the timer.

A tip for starting. Look at each number and see what other numbers link to it. If any number can't be reached it is the start point.

If you have two options on a move, and one option has no other way to reach it, that's your next move, etc.

Edited by Hemiak

• 8 months later...

For those who are still having trouble with these puzzles, here is a link that I used to automatically give me the solution ! I really didn't enjoy solving these as I consider it a waste of time :(

Here's the link: https://www.robertwoodward.com/clockPuzzle/

With this it took me like 20 seconds to solve every Hands of Time puzzle !

Hope this helps :D

• 1 month later...
On February 24, 2017 at 6:43 PM, Tyxoune said:

For those who are still having trouble with these puzzles, here is a link that I used to automatically give me the solution ! I really didn't enjoy solving these as I consider it a waste of time :(

Here's the link: https://www.robertwoodward.com/clockPuzzle/

With this it took me like 20 seconds to solve every Hands of Time puzzle !

Hope this helps :D

Thanks. It helped a lot. My brain just isn't mathematical or analitically wired.