Top 50 in Canada

PalaceOfLove706

Top 50 in Canada is like Top 10k in Germany. Can I change my country here? In many other countries I would be number 1, e.g. in Azerbaijan. Hakoom is also listed as an American despite being from the Middle East. Where can I change my country for psnprofiles.com?

Edited by Sikutai

27 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Top 50 in Canada is like Top 10k in Germany. Can I change my country here? In many other countries I would be number 1, e.g. in Azerbaijan. Hakoom is also listed as an American despite being from the Middle East. Where can I change my country for psnprofiles.com?

?

It's just trophies. Now we are cheating?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BennyWalton66 said:

Kinda weird to be on a trophy site with an attitude like that.

They have a point, though it was put across rudely.

A new drug hits the street and hooks a few addicts. Those who see the trouble ignore it. It gets worse. More get hooked. Suddenly it's in the schools and kids are getting hooked. The next generation is spending all their money on this new drug, addicted to a quick high. Local dealers see this and flood the market with more of the drug to capitalise. Bigger distributors see this and want a piece of the action, start moving in and dealing their own version of the drug. Pretty soon the drug is everywhere, everyone can potentially be exposed to it.

Replace drug with trophies, that's what we have, we're at the local dealers level. Once bigger companies see the profit in this they will do it too, same as they have with gambling, loot boxes and microtransations, all practices that damage gaming.

For that reason I can't praise this. I can't see it as an achievement to be hooked to a quick high that is a dangerous practice for trophy hunting as a whole. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with these games in moderation, and in fact there are good games in there with bad trophy lists, but there is no moderation and it's getting out of hand. People are being exploited. I fully believe that, like mobile gaming, these practices and those who are hooked by it will be the long-term downfall of the trophy system.

On 01/07/2022 at 11:00 PM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I want all the trophy hunters out there just starting out to know that if you dream big, big dreams will happen. But we must work for it. 

Correction: you must spend for it. Hard work or effort is no longer required if the leaderboard is your sole target. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BennyWalton66 said:

Kinda weird to be on a trophy site with an attitude like that.

This is a gaming site, centred around trophies. This guy isn't gaming. He quite literally hasn't played a real game for 3 months — a game in which it looks like he played the first level of then quit and never came back. I didn't look further back his list than that. Who knows how long it's been since he played an actual game.

I wouldn't be shocked to see many similar games on your list, based on that comment.

23 minutes ago, Nauticus87 said:

They have a point, though it was put across rudely.

Nauticus has put my point across very eloquently and has hit the nail on the head. I, however, am tired of being kind, considerate, and patient about this topic. This may be one of the most embarrassing mental health issues to have... An addiction to trophies. Jesus.

At least getting drunk is fun. Apparently opioids are great. Food tastes fantastic. But these "games" are trash in every sense of the word.

These games are directly contributing the downfall of thousands of gamers' mental health and this site should take some responsibility and remove these things from its servers. For the good of us all.

On 07/03/22 at 11:04 AM, Sikutai said:

You can't switch countries on here. Whatever you set it to when you made your Psnprofiles account will stay there forever. Hakoom probably set his country to a different state to be higher on the leaderboard.

OMFG, snowflakes please go and scare yourselves by looking out of the window or at the news. Comparing hard drug addiction to people playing games for trophies is utter shite, get a grip. I honestly can't remember seeing news at any point in my life about trophy induced robbery, assault, gta, gbh or any other crime. I don't see people on the streets begging for $1 so they can buy their next Breakthrough Arcade trophy fix.

What the hell is wrong with wanting to succeed at something in life?.

Congrats Palace, keep it up and don't let these anti-every fucking thing idiots take away from your achievement.?

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 10:54 AM, ryanofx92 said:

This is a gaming site, centred around trophies. This guy isn't gaming. He quite literally hasn't played a real game for 3 months — a game in which it looks like he played the first level of then quit and never came back. I didn't look further back his list than that. Who knows how long it's been since he played an actual game.

I wouldn't be shocked to see many similar games on your list, based on that comment.

Nauticus has put my point across very eloquently and has hit the nail on the head. I, however, am tired of being kind, considerate, and patient about this topic. This may be one of the most embarrassing mental health issues to have... An addiction to trophies. Jesus.

At least getting drunk is fun. Apparently opioids are great. Food tastes fantastic. But these "games" are trash in every sense of the word.

These games are directly contributing the downfall of thousands of gamers' mental health and this site should take some responsibility and remove these things from its servers. For the good of us all.

Dude. Get a grip. It's just some crappy budget games with easy trophies. You are free to avoid them if you wish but they aren't killing anyone.

Congrats to OP for reaching their goal.

I had a similar goal once upon a time to hit the top spot of my own country's leaderboard. It wasn't all that unrealistic at the time considering I was top 5 at one point. Then I dropped to 6th where I stayed for a while. Now I'm in 10th place and will most likely be kicked off that spot before long as well. I refuse to play EZPZ games 24/7 to maintain my position, or to increase it in a race to the top. It's a fool's game. A futile, soul-crushing endeavour that I will not take part in. I will continue to do as I have always done and just play what I enjoy, and go at my own pace. Good luck to those who have the time, money and energy to waste all for the sake of bragging rights. 

• Like 1