Online shutting down June 30th, 2023

AshtonCakeTTV

The online servers for Just Dance 2016, 2017 & 2018 are being taken down on June 30th 2023

In 2016 there are 5(?) trophies, plus the platinum, that will become unobtainable past this date, consider getting those sooner rather than later if you're interested!

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/gameplay/article/online-services-in-just-dance-2016-just-dance-2017-and-just-dance-2018/000098938?origin=middle

Edited by AshtonCakeTTV
Clarified how many online trophies there are

On 7/2/2022 at 3:24 PM, HuntingFever said:

Which trophies are affected by this?

While I haven't played 2016 specifically, given my knowledge of other JD games I believe only the 4 'Beat X Challenges' trophies, and the 'View a friend's dancer card' trophy will all be affected

Tldr list:

:bronze: "Come at me!"

:bronze: "Bring it on!"

:silver: "Competitive Spirit"

:gold: "Take all comers"

:bronze: "Low Profiling"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshtonCakeTTV said:

While I haven't played 2016 specifically, given my knowledge of other JD games I believe only the 4 'Beat X Challenges' trophies, and the 'View a friend's dancer card' trophy will all be affected

Tldr list:

:bronze: "Come at me!"

:bronze: "Bring it on!"

:silver: "Competitive Spirit"

:gold: "Take all comers"

:bronze: "Low Profiling"

Thank you for the info :).

• 11 months later...
43 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

how long does it take to get the online trophies? i have 16-18 and due to work i had no idea they were shutting down. is it short enough?

If you intend to do it solo you will need 4 alt accounts. Each alt will need to do 25 songs (it caps at 30 songs). You need to get at least 1 star on each song. It takes about 2-3 hours to do 25 songs. You then need to beat those scores with your main.

I have two alt accounts with 25 songs each. I'm currently working on my third account.

Edited by silnev

7 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

how long does it take to get the online trophies? i have 16-18 and due to work i had no idea they were shutting down. is it short enough?

just dance 2017 and 2018 is not possible anymore in this short time. for 2016 you can still obtain the platinum also it hurts that people do the trophies on alt accounts i personally challenged 100 random people and won fairly its just way more fun in my opinion a trophy should be earned depending on your hard work IMO not laziness..

23 minutes ago, silnev said:

By the way, if anyone is still working on this game. Make sure to watch 100 videos from the Just Dance TV. There is an avatar tied to that.

Do you need to buy it with mojo after you unlock it? If not I don't think it's needed. For the trophy, you only need to unlock stuff that can be bought with mojo

According to the wiki, that one is unlocked right away after you watch 100 videos, you don't buy it with mojo. (4th column is price)

image.png

Edited by timpurnat

On 03/07/2023 at 0:40 AM, timpurnat said:

Do you need to buy it with mojo after you unlock it? If not I don't think it's needed. For the trophy, you only need to unlock stuff that can be bought with mojo

According to the wiki, that one is unlocked right away after you watch 100 videos, you don't buy it with mojo. (4th column is price)

image.png

I was just covering bases. I don't want the game to glitch out because I lacked an avatar. I did some more digging and I think the belief that Avatars are online only is because that's how it is on the xbox version, you can access them on PS4.