Removed from leaderboards because of auto pop trophies

TJC_86

8 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Literally always. If your PS3 game had a newer firmware on disk and you put it in a PS3 on an earlier firmware, you'll be required to update it before playing.

Since 2007, I've never once seen this be a thing. themoreyouknow.gif

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Helyx said:

really? Was it connected to the Internet then? Looking on your profile it looks like your first game with trophies was Uncharted which launched without trophy support. Trophies were patched in later and any saves prior to trophies couldn't unlock trophies iirc just like with MGS4 when trophies were added in after a few years. This means missing timestamps shouldn't happen with games with patched in trophy support unless the CMOS battery in the PS3 is dead. Dead Space was launched with trophies which means missing timestamps (like my dead space list entirely) is possible. 

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

I had this problem when I was using cFW back in 2011, before a started to platinum games, there are a bunch of games at rent with newer firmware that we can't play, even the first Sony H7 requires 3.6 firmware, when i bought I had to update and remove the CFW for good

• Like 1

Just now, DaivRules said:

Yesterday, I was trying to look up if Dead Space specifically has a firmware version on disc, and I assume since it had native trophy support, it would have, but couldn’t find much in the short time I looked. 

It was pretty common for those of us with extremely slow internet connections and didn’t leave our PS3s online, to come across games that required firmware updates. Even PSP games that would do the same. I’m a bit surprised it doesn’t seem more well known on the site. 

I think it's not well known as most people would have their PS3 up to date and would almost never come across this happening to them. 

• Like 1

It was 13 years ago but I distinctly remember playing through the game without popping any trophies, then playing it again and some trophies autopopped such as the collectibles trophies when I picked up one more collectible. I remember the trophies auto popping because they were my very first trophies.

1 minute ago, TJC_86 said:

It was 13 years ago but I distinctly remember playing through the game without popping any trophies, then playing it again and some trophies autopopped such as the collectibles trophies when I picked up one more collectible. I remember the trophies auto popping because they were my very first trophies.

The game code on the disc distinctly says it requires a version of the firmware that recognized trophies to be installed before the game will play. And game saves were readily available and didn’t require anything but downloading them to the console to get them to be recognized. How would you reconcile those with your recounting of your experience?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

My disc says BLES_00308. Maybe a different version or something?

This means you have the PAL/European version while the one on @Suminya's post is the US one. My copy of Dead Sapce is also a BLES 00308.

• Like 1

Oooo, forensic trophyology, exciting! What's the burden of proof? (eatingpopcorn.gif)

I don't know about the technological mumbo-jumbo, but what's the motive? Assuming this is the only discrepancy on the OP's profile, would they really have started hacking trophies 13 years ago, guessing trophy leaderboards would eventually become a thing? I dunno, seems far-fetched, but with the Internet, who knows!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Garamoth said:

what's the motive? Assuming this is the only discrepancy on the OP's profile, would they really have started hacking trophies 13 years ago, guessing trophy leaderboards would eventually become a thing? I dunno, seems far-fetched, but with the Internet, who knows!

Motive is complete irrelevant to the leaderboard rules so it’s not even worth exploring. 

3 minutes ago, Garamoth said:

What's the burden of proof?

Burden of proof is showing it’s possible to earn the trophies in the timestamps order on the profile without breaking leaderboard rules. 

Is it at all possible, given the OP was 13 at the time, that he simply played the game on a different account and transferred the save over to his user, hence the auto-pop? May not have even realized this was an issue, and not an intentionally nefarious action, but almost a decade later can't recollect having done that?

• Like 1

When you loading up your trophies start with platinum next time. Way funnier that way and don't forget to 100% big ass rpgs that require multiple 200 hour playthroughs in three days.

But i digress. Didn't have proper internet till at least 2009, so Uncharted wouldn't ulnock trophies. Game disc didn't have the patch on it, but RE5 i've bought updated my PS3 and i unlocked every trophy offline till i synced it later on. If you say DS has firmware on disc he should have unlocked trophies during 1st playthrough. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Is it at all possible, given the OP was 13 at the time, that he simply played the game on a different account and transferred the save over to his user, hence the auto-pop? May not have even realized this was an issue, and not an intentionally nefarious action, but almost a decade later can't recollect having done that?

I wasn't 13 when I got the trophies. I got the trophies 13 years ago so I was 22. But I don't remember playing it first on a different account, but it's possible I did and I'm just misremembering. I thought I started playing it before I even updated my PS3 to support trophies, but I definitely remember trophies autopopping. 

I've learned quite a few new things thanks to this thread. I rarely get involved in trophy disputes for fear of spreading misinformation, so I'd like to thank everyone for setting me straight.

OP, good luck. I have a feeling with all the information the community has dug up on Dead Space and trophy firmware is enough to keep you flagged.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dekaku said:

There is also a "fairly easy" way to check, if it was possible to play Dead Space without patching to firmware 2.4. All you need is RPCS3 (open source ps3 emulator, which you can use to play the first two Motorstorm games at 60fps for example), a pre 2.4 firmware (which you can find on ps3devwiki), the game on disc and a compatible Buray drive. If the game boots up, the claims are feasible. If it doesn't, or is unplayable, then his claims should be bogus.

Unfortunately, you can't even load the xmb on rpcs3 on firmware lower than 2.80

• Like 2