Removed from leaderboards because of auto pop trophies

TJC_86

I was playing offline. I was on chapter 5. I signed into my account. I finished that playthrough while signed in, earning the trophies for chapters 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12. Then I started a new playthrough earning the trophies for chapters 1, 2,3,4. 

I See a savegame from the Internet where the trophie Not autopop at All. 

I had friend Who donwloaded and installed a savegame from the Internet for farcry 2. The Ending and antoher trophies autopoped but Not the Story related trophies. 

Yep. Dumb as hell. 

He unlocked the Story related trophies with the next playtrough but the timestamps..... 

I think this is your case. @TJC_86

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

Your timestamps are currently saying:

Chapter 5

Chapter 6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 2 (in this particular order)

Chapter 3 & 4.

It simply doesn't add up and you will remain flagged for that.

That's not the order of his chapters, look again.

It's 5-12, then 1-4.

19 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Your first few trophies would be missing timestamps, as that's how the system works when you haven't connected to psn for the first time yet.

What model is the fat ps3 you used at the time if you still have it?

It wasn't the first time I ever connected to PSN, but the dead space trophies were the first trophies I ever earned. I think it was a fat PS3. I know it wasn't a slim. 

Just now, MRTheChez said:

Yup, but currently the attention would be going to us and it's about someone else. Let's get our focus on that shall we?

I think you should focus on paying closer attention to what you're claiming. Check the order again and you'll see.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

Did you even try look at the timestamps?

I think you're mixing up AM and PM. Simple mistake. 

Rough for OP to get a stained account for an easy game like Dead Space when having completed a lot of more difficult games (assuming they are done legit). 

Interesting topic to follow though.

Edited by SkippiesBar
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, SkippiesBar said:

I think you're mixing up AM and PM. Simple mistake. 

Rough for OP to get a stained account for an easy game like Dead Space when having completed a lot of more difficult games (assuming they are done legit). 

Interesting topic to follow though.

Ah there is my issue. thought May 2nd was time set as PM. my bad, but thank you for explaining it to me.

Crazy how this has gone on for 4 pages now. 

OP couldn’t have played Dead Space without having trophy support available for said game, that’s been confirmed by others in this thread. They unlocked the chapter completion trophies for 5-12, then 1-4. They obviously had a save already where they originally completed chapters 1-4, but they must have either:

1. Switched consoles without syncing or

2. They deleted the trophy data entirely and re-downloaded a save they already had available

These are both offenses that can be flagged, whether or not OP did it intentionally. But what confuses me more than anything is how they could’ve got through the entire game without even severing 20 limbs. Beyond suspicious. That alone warrants a huge red flag. This shouldn’t be lifted. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

I finished that playthrough then started another final playthrough on hard difficulty, earning the trophies for chapters 1-4 on that final playthrough. At least that's what my timestamps indicate what happened

Was it really your final playthrough?

9a8pGcb.png

19 hours ago, TJC_86 said:

I just found out I've been removed from the leaderboard and list of achievers because I had some trophies auto pop for me. Is this a common thing, has this happened to anyone else lately? The game I had flagged was dead space on PS3. It was my very first platinum trophy on PS3 back in May 2009, over 13 years ago. The trophies auto popped because I had already completed the trophy requirements before the trophy system was introduced to the PSN. I beat the game and found all the collectibles for the sake of in game completion, before the game even had a trophy list and before PSN trophies were even a thing. After I updated the system softore on my PS3 to include the newly introduced PSN trophy system I started a new game on dead space to start earning the trophies. Because I had already done a lot of the trophy requirements, some trophies auto popped. I have no way to prove this because it happened 13 years ago. I've put in a dispute but have not yet had a response. The message on my profile sais I can "hide games" to be reinstated on the leaderboards, but It doesn't say how to do this and I shouldn't have to because I've done nothing wrong. If someone who runs this site reads this could they please look into this and get back to me. 

As has been noted previously, Dead Space came with trophies out of the box; it wasn’t patched later. It has the firmware for the trophy patch on the disc. I very clearly remember having to install that update prior to playing the game (because I got home from the midnight launch, myself and my girlfriend at the time were very excited to play, and were disappointed that we had to wait for it to install, which is why it left an impression.) So there’s lots of things to conflict your story right there. But, continuing on:

You claim to have beaten the game 100% prior to trophies being available, then when trophies were “added” you started a new game to collect them; aside from conflicting with the facts above, if you started a new game, then why are the chapter completion trophies out of order? Dead Space does not have chapter select; it’s either New Game, New Game+ or wherever your last save was.

The two logs trophies popping close to one another would make sense, if what you claim happened did indeed happen, but it strikes me as rather odd that “Full Arsenal” also popped right around then (so you either happened to pick up one missing weapon right after the log that supposedly autopopped the two logs trophies or for some reason that’s when the game decided to “scan” for it and award it.) It gets odder when “Merchant” pops five minutes later (so the “scan” that unlocked “Full Arsenal” didn’t account for schematics, and there just happened to be one within five minutes of wherever you picked up the log that started the cavalcade? Or perhaps that one popped when you used a kiosk - which you did around the same time, since “Big Spender” was a minute before this.- prompting a “scan” for that. Willing to give benefit of the doubt on that, but still seems odd.) Then, two minutes after that, “Freeze” pops, and one minute after that, “Armstrong” pops. So there was apparently time to start hucking things with Kinesis and using Stasis… unless, of course, they popped the first time you did each. Which, again, is theoretically conceivable, but it’s starting to look weirder and weirder.

Then there’s the weapon trophies, some of which pop in that same area (assuming, again, the game is “scanning” when you make one kill with a weapon, that sort of makes sense. Kill 1 -> get trophy -> swap weapons.)… except there’s two sets, and the second group, which pops 16 hours later, is also tightly clustered. A little too tight for “didn’t use those on the original playthrough, had to farm them later.”) Again, one can make excuses - got the kills originally, and just didn’t have them in rotation until another go around, I suppose - but it still looks very odd.

The “Brute Force” trophy is also weird. Awarded at 1:55AM on May 2nd. There’s Brutes in Chapter 5, Chapter 9 and Chapter 12, which - according to the trophy stamps, anyway - were all completed prior to that. It’s been forever since I played the game, so I no longer remember if you have to kill any of those Brutes, but if you were collecting everything it seems unlikely that you would have skipped them since they guard things you’ll want/need (or drop them, in the case of one of the semiconductors.) It’s theoretically possible that it isn’t awarded for just killing any Brute, but rather keyed specifically to the one you have to kill in Chapter 4, but… ??‍♂️

Then there’s the issue of the limb-severing trophies (“Marksman,” “Surgeon” and “Butcher.”) It seems illogical that the game would “autopop” both 75 and 150 logs on picking up just one (and triggering the theoretical “scan”) but that it would not behave similarly when you sever a limb (making the game say “oh, hey, you did at least 1,000 of these.”) Also, if it did for some reason only award the highest one in this instance, that introduces a new problem: how you got the other two. The game keeps a running tally that persists across runs, and the counter doesn’t (so far as I know) reset. So you would have had to delete your profile and start over again to get it to register the 20 and 500, since you had long overshot them. You didn’t mention doing anything of the sort. (Of course, perhaps you did and just neglected to mention it, not finding it relevant.) But how many weird situations are we to believe happened to one person in one game, particularly when their opening statement is blatantly false?

Lastly, I kind of doubt the game has any kind of “retroactive” trophy award coding. It wouldn’t make any sense for it to; it came with trophies out of the box, so no need to apply them based on past behavior (and the few examples I can think of that added trophies via patches didn’t offer the option; Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4 both required fresh starts, and if Sony and Konami can’t be bothered, I find it hard to picture EA doing it). It seems unlikely, given the newness of the system at the time, the publisher not being known for taking a lot of care in general, and the conflict between “yeah, they thought of that” with the Logs and Kills trophies but not with the Limb Severing or Brute Killing. Just looks hinky. But I don’t work for either EA or Visceral and don’t have access to the game’s code, so far all I know they did have such coding and just applied it scattershot.

All in all, the whole thing smells. Individually, they might be possible. But taken as a whole? Very bizarre.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Crazy how this has gone on for 4 pages now. 

OP couldn’t have played Dead Space without having trophy support available for said game, that’s been confirmed by others in this thread. They unlocked the chapter completion trophies for 5-12, then 1-4. They obviously had a save already where they originally completed chapters 1-4, but they must have either:

1. Switched consoles without syncing or

2. They deleted the trophy data entirely and re-downloaded a save they already had available

These are both offenses that can be flagged, whether or not OP did it intentionally. But what confuses me more than anything is how they could’ve got through the entire games without even severing 20 limbs. Beyond suspicious. That alone warrants a huge red flag. This shouldn’t be lifted. 

I think maybe what happened with the limbs trophies was I was already well past 500 and on my way to 1000 when I was playing offline. Then I signed in and carried on from chapter 5 then hit 1000 so it was the first to pop. I actually remember being worried that I could no longer get the trophies for 20 and 500 limbs because I got 1000 first, maybe had to I start a new save game to get those. 

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Was it really your final playthrough?

9a8pGcb.png

Maybe not, can't exactly remember how many playthroughs I did total. This was 13 years ago.  

15 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

I think maybe what happened with the limbs trophies was I was already well past 500 and on my way to 1000 when I was playing offline. Then I signed in and carried on from chapter 5 then hit 1000 so it was the first to pop. I actually remember being worried that I could no longer get the trophies for 20 and 500 limbs because I got 1000 first, maybe had to I start a new save game to get those. 

As stated already in this thread, you couldn’t have played the game offline without a firmware update/trophy support already installed. So you had to have earned the trophies already. 

You either re-downloaded a previous save without syncing trophies on your console or you switched consoles without syncing trophies. Not doubting you had to start a new playthrough to get the missing dismemberment trophies, but it doesn’t change the fact that your trophy list is all over the place. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HusKy said:

9a8pGcb.png

Does using Plasma Cutter prevents the player to Dismember limbs? If not, it is hard to believe the whole playthrough without doing 20 only. But if yes, the rest seems 'okayish' based on the story. It could be an older version of PS3, maybe he didn't signed in his account or it was on different account (could you change account locally and continue to play the game back then? or there could be some PS3 error code which made your un-synced trophies removed). Idk it was the beginning of the system, so I think some shit could've happen.

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

The way the op's story is evolving as we chat in here is kind of like being in a court of law and we are leading a witness that's also the defendant […]

I had similar thoughts. It is interesting how the story is changing as this goes on.

1 minute ago, Tirmata said:

Does using Plasma Cutter prevents the player to Dismember limbs? If not, it is hard to believe the whole playthrough without doing 20 only. But if yes, the rest seems 'okayish' based on the story. It could be an older version of PS3, maybe he didn't signed in his account or it was on different account (could you change account locally and continue to play the game back then? or there could be some PS3 error code which made your un-synced trophies removed). Idk it was the beginning of the system, so I think some shit could've happen.

Plasma Cutter most assuredly does not prevent you from getting the dismemberment trophies. I played through the game the first time using only the PC, and got both Marksman and Butcher on the way.

6 minutes ago, Dekaku said:

Another interesting thing: One of the earliest trophies is the maxed out trophy, which given the story so far, can only have been achieved via savegame edits or other external cheat tool.

This is the best point made yet. Not even close to being possible to get maxed out weapons and tools near chapters 4-5, even with the credits earned through the in-game cheat codes. 

‘Maxed Out’ can only ever be earned near the end of the game, maybe as soon as chapter 11 if you’re good about selling items/making node purchases. It’s just more evidence that this list is not legit. 

• Like 1

If this was me creating the thread and me talking I would have at least two to five people who already hate me talk down to me…. because of reasons. I don’t know. That’s why I don’t bother creating trophy discussions anymore. 

As for Dead Space 1, it’s one of the oldest games with a platinum and auto popped trophies that you simply haven’t earned already on another version are forbidden on this website. This basically always results in people getting flagged. 

At least you didn’t get trophies accidentally by playing Call of Duty: World at War with random players. You have to delete your trophy data on your console before you sync it to your profile, which is a tedious task and pain in the ass to do. 

Nothing I can really suggest than simply hide the game and move forward.

1 minute ago, Tirmata said:

It seems there is a glitch for that mentioned in the guide. And there are also in-game cheats, not sure how they work, but it can be legit as per leaderboard rules.

But now I realized, how come 150 logs pops before chapter 5, it seems the max you can get is less than 100?

21 hours ago, TJC_86 said:

[…] I beat the game and found all the collectibles for the sake of in game completion, before the game even had a trophy list and before PSN trophies were even a thing. […]

According to the original post, all the collectibles were found in the initial playthrough and the trophies popped on their later playthough when they picked one up (which apparently made the game say “oh, hey, you already have these, here you go.”) Of course, the story is in constant evolution, so… ??‍♂️